Hondo's Bar

Next gen: 360 vs PS3?

The NZA

Next gen systems  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it but I'm already dubious of MUA's Wii port. It doesn't help that Tony Hawk Project 8- ordinarily a 3rd party realease is just on the big two & the Wii gets some dodgy-looking Downhill bumrush or shit like that. I look so forward to getting a Wii, but for practical gaming it's really a fight between Microsoft & Sony.

Well, not that many to speak of thus far, but I know Call of Duty 3 for example is getting much better reviews overall on the 360 than its wii version.

The big problem Wii has is that it doesn't have the horsepower that the PS3 and 360 do, so ports will have to generally be downgraded. Not just graphics, but AI, and things like that. The Wii will succeed based on its original offerings, not ports.

i think i'm gonna go ahead and get eli a 360 (nick rejoices somewhere).

Dearest la Lindsay,

please inform Eli of the extended offer of a rent-free existence in our room. This has nothing, mind you, to do with cable modems, leather furniture nor 360's, but you know, its the holiday season and all.

With akhtar gone by the year's end, there'll be much room in the living room for one more, and im certain we can make arrangements in my room if nothing else.

Im sure we can iron out the details. Meantime, please inform him that registring his X-box live name as "The Irish Cowboy", "The Other White Meat" etc might very well land him a network cable and mayhaps a handjob. Now if youll excuse me, im off to check ebay for used copies of Marvel Alliance.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

love, the nick

If I had to recommend one right now it'd be the 360 based on the strength of its larger library, Zelda is the only thing the Wii has going for it in the must-have AAA title sense. Looking a few months down the line, it will get better for Nintendo, as by the end of the year there will be a new Mario, Metroid and Smash Brothers.

fair enough but id be interested in your list of AAA 360 titles.

ps i agree with bishop that the Wii will suceed not on ports but on its own creative games made for the controller (i too have read reviews that said Ultimate Alliance and toher ports dont do as well cause, well, they werent made with that controller in mind), and also agree that "pracital gamer" is an awesome prhase that shall soon join my resume.

AAA titles on the 360, well I can give some personal favorites.

Dead Rising: Yeah, people bitch about the save system, but I love this game, lots of fun, and killing Zombies is always great.

Oblivion: Simply amazing, the best open ended RPG I have played in ages. This game can suck your sould away.

Dead or Alive 4: A damn fine fighter. It's not Virtua Fighter 5, but it stands very well on its new merits. Online play is great, and the gameplay is fast, and smooth.

Call of Duty 2: Probably the best launch title for the 360, yeah it's a WWII shooter, but it is an AMAZING one.

Viva Pinata: If you asked me a few months ago, I would have said this game would have probably been ass. However, now that I have played it it is great. Rare is back in great form.

Gears of War: This game is a graphical tour de force, and so much more, great gameplay that is different than the usual shooters, the online coop is amazing.

Hmm...see, i look at that list, and there's a few id be inclined to get, but at $60 a piece, id be pretty picky.

Here's the thing: I'm getting a gift certifciate for best buy for christmas, and likely gonna ask for more for my birthday in late january. I envision getting a Wii and a game or two for it, but i could still be sold on the 360...im wanting to hold out for the PS3, but im open to either is what im going for here.

If i had a 360 right now, id go for Marvel UA, Dead Rising (what's wrong with the save system?), mebbe Gears of War, and rent Oblivion and that Pinata one. Id prepay that RPG youve mentioned, Stranglehold, mebbe Assasin's Creed but i cant think of many others yet from the upcoming year - so yeah man, sell me on it, even if i likely cant buy shit for a little while to come.

Well, Blue Dragon is coming out this year sometime, it got friggen awesome Japanese reviews, and might actually sell somewhat well over there, which would be an impressive feat. Especially considering how piss poor the 360 has sold in that country.

Other upcoming stuff is:

Too_Human_22_500.jpg

52936.jpg

Too Human, which is done by the eternal darkness guys and Metal Gear: Twin Snakes guys, looks to be a pretty sweet action game. Silicon Knights are badasses, and I have yet to be disappointed in their work. In their stint woking with Nintendo these guys worked with Miyamoto and Kojima.

74518.jpg

mass_effect_17.jpg

Mass Effect BioWare's new RPG,

790_0003.jpg

790_0012.jpg

Lost Odyssey the next JRPG from Mistwalker, which I think will be a Sakaguchi style FF-ish game. Very high hopes for this one.

lost-planet-20060414024441773-000.jpg

lost_planet_extreme_condition_29.jpg

Lost Planet, Capcom is keeping the 360 stuff coming, and this is their next big game, the demo was awesome, and I have it pre ordered, and I can't wait for it.

fight-night-round-3-images-20051212.jpg

I just remembered you liked Boxing games, and Fight Night Round 3 is pretty fun, I have played the demo, and the boxing sans health bars and all that shit is cool.

I mean it can get kinda tough coming up with every cool game that is out/coming you for the 360. I mean I have mentioned the best of the best, but I can't say that there has been a game I have bought so far that I have been horribly disappointed in. Not to mention if you grab a 360, you can play through KoTOR, like I have been telling you to for years.

This is for La Lindsey or anyone else thinking of getting a 360, Wallmart has a deal going on right now:

Buy a 360 at Wal-Mart, get a $50 gift card

Posted Dec 8th 2006 10:45PM by Richard Mitchell

Filed under: Fan stuff

Just a quick tip for holiday shoppers. If you buy a Premium 360 from Wal-Mart (in store only) you will receive a $50 gift card. This will come in handy if you'd like to get an actual game for your 360 recipient to play. Granted $50 dollars won't really get you many 360 games, but it will at least deal with the bulk of the price. Hey, it's no Micro Center $200 monster rebate, but at least it's instant. You'd better hurry, though, the offer is only valid through tomorrow, Sunday, December 10. Anybody else out there spot a killer deal on 360 systems, games, or accessories? Send us a tip and we'll post 'em.

$50 gift card is nice, that's like a game right there. Hopefully someone can make use of it before the deal ends tomorrow.

This is for La Lindsey or anyone else thinking of getting a 360, Wallmart has a deal going on right now:

$50 gift card is nice, that's like a game right there. Hopefully someone can make use of it before the deal ends tomorrow.

For some reason I couldn't reference your prior post. Nick- Fight Night Round 3 is fucking amazing!!! Demo isn't shit onna full version as I found out and this game's got all the goods. Check it out for sure man.

Archived