Hondo's Bar

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Ok, ok, if anyone happened to catch this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2002 Induction ceremony, then you know that The Ramones, Talking Heads, Tom Petty and The Heratbreakers, Issac Hayes, and other greats finally got there due Wednesday night. So, I have to bring up yet another rock and roll topic. Gods, who are your picks for the Hall of Fame and why?

Note: N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys, and any other teeny bopper from the 80's, 90's, and present day are not eligible EVER IN THIS LIFETIME :dissappointed:

Queen, you have done it again! What have you got against N'Sync?

I am outraged that Joey Fatone from N'Sync is being kept out of the Hall of Fame. music politics and mean people like Queen are why he can't get in despite his talent. Just look at him. The man is a living God. He;s not the best dancer of the group but ... look at those pecs. And he's so into Superman, it's adorable. And. and... and...

Waitaminnit. I'm not sure what came over me there. I'm neither gay nor an N'Sync fan. or maybe I am. or... damn.

Umm, Ozzy rocks?

New York Dolls.. they deserve to be in the hall of fame..

also metallica, nirvana, sublime, i'll think of more later... i also think you have to pay your dues in order to be in the hall of fame.. so n'sync therefore hasn't been around long enough

and i know imam you're going to come back with some bullshit on how Cobain sucks, and nirvana wasn't around that long either, blah blah blah, and the fact that cobain died made him a maytr and glorified nirvana, blah  blah blah i've heard your rant before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of you guys complain here don't understand that the one requirement for nomination that was a founding principle for the RNR Hall of Fame is that it has to hav ebeen 25 years since the preformer's debut was release. That why many of the bands you mentions haven't been entered. This was the first year Tom Petty was eligible. It's a big honor to be inducted the first year you're eligible. BLack Sabbath HAS been elible for almost 10 years, so that is an outrage. This was the first year that the '77 punks were eligible, but the Sex Pistols has made it very public that they will refuse any nomination (being all anti-astablishment). The Hall of Fame has be very reluctant to induct progressive bands like Jethro Tull, Styx, and Rush. I forgot if Yes got in, but I don't think so. I'd like to think Metallica will make it in in 2006 (my memory is kinda sketchy but i think 'Kill Em All' was a '81 release), but If Black Sabbath isn't in yet who knows. I'm sure the Police are in next year. Now, based on that, anyone else have some complaints that are reasonable?