Hondo's Bar

Upgrading Hondo's software

The NZA

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried leaving my dear Rayc* a message but was killed by the 400 letter rule. In it's unedited form:

We belong together

And you that I'm right

Why do you play with my heart,

Why do you play with my mind?

Said we'd be forever

Said it'd never die

How could you love me and leave me

And never say good-bye?

When I can't sleep at night without holding you tight

Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry

Pain in my head oh I'd rather be dead

Spinnin' around and around

Although we've come to the End Of The Road

Still I can't let you go

It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Come to the End of the Road

Still I can't let you go

It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Yo, Nickelbear, I got beef wit dis ting:

When you leave a comment on someone's profile, it's a 400 char maximum, but if you type more than that and post, it just truncated (deletes) everything after the 400th character and posts in the incomplete message. It should either 1) stop letting you type after 400, 2) have a pop up warning you that part of your comment will be deleted, or 3) post it as multiple comments. I lost a big comment and I had to retype it.

i think it's a cleaner look! it is a lot friendlier! good job Nick!

that's cool, thanks. me, i despise it.

There's too many forums where the logos just arnet working. they overlap the rest of the functions in firefox, and look even worse with a bar through them in IE. What i did to def's logo on the main page is just shy of a crime, and its honestly discouraging when i see it.

a few subforums i dont even have skins for, pimp hand and sports look ok but will work like shit because i have nothing to replace them with yet. I jumped the gun a bit to try out the new functions, and i dont know that it paid off, though im glad a few of you are digging the profiles.

only thing that seems to be missing is the top 5 posters/joinee's/posts on the main page...

any chance of getting that back?

didnt know anybody else used/dug it...anyway, that was a hack. id have to wait till the coder made a similar one for our new version, but now ill keep an eye out.

Where did the fast reply go?

...shit. it should be on for every forum, where are you not seeing it?

Yo, Nickelbear, I got beef wit dis ting:

When you leave a comment on someone's profile, it's a 400 char maximum, but if you type more than that and post, it just truncated (deletes) everything after the 400th character and posts in the incomplete message. It should either 1) stop letting you type after 400, 2) have a pop up warning you that part of your comment will be deleted, or 3) post it as multiple comments. I lost a big comment and I had to retype it.

Youre right. it should also say "hello nick, oh how ive missed you. i took the time to delete a dozen PMs that didnt make sense or were already reslovled before you got here. Also, SUAVEMENTE's back." when i log on, but since i cant code, i dont see any of that happening soon.

ill look into it, i dont know that its an option i can change, but meantime, how bout this? when it says "300 character max" howsabout you just type 300 characters or less, chatty kathy? i bet that'd work.

man, im great.

Archived