Hondo's Bar

Upgrading Hondo's software

The NZA

Cool that everyone's enjoying the look. Ill be trying to put back other logos & such as we go, when new skins are periodicially released and all. The profile/comment thing is indeed cool.

My biggest issue is the main logo. i need to link to the full logo def made (its here somewhere....) and see if anybody can work with it to fit the dimensions up there. I know i have the bar up top that links to our pages, and there's not a great dea of room, but id love this place if i could make that not look like shit somehow in the standard 800x600 rez.

Ill post it up & start begging sometime soon.

ps anyone notice how we can now scroll through the smileys, or at least the clickable ones? im thinking i shoudl just add all of them now since it wont bog you down at the same time unless you click 'show all".

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit, just noticed that...that's encoded into the skin then, a dirty trick tho. Glad i ddint end up using that one for our main page like i was thinking.

itd take some time to find the string of code that says that & edit it, but ill ask around. Good eye.

I tried leaving my dear Rayc* a message but was killed by the 400 letter rule. In it's unedited form:

Oh, 2T

I’d be in trouble if you left me now

‘Cause I don’t know where to look for love

I just don’t know how

Oh, 2T

How I depend on you

To give me love when I need it

Right on time you would always be

All my friends call me a fool

They say, “Let the 2T take care of you”

So I try to be hip and think like the crowd

But even the crowd can’t help me now, oh...oh...oh...oh...oh...oh...

Oh, 2T

Tell me what am I gonna do

I know I’ve got a guilty face

Girl, I feel so out of place, oh, yeah...yeah...

Don’t know where to go, who to see, yeah

Oh, 2T

I guess I better go

I can save myself a lot of useless tears

Girl, I’ve gotta get away from here

Oh, 2T

Pain will double if you leave me now

‘Cause I don’t know where to look for love

And I don’t, I don’t know how

Oh, yeah

Mmm...hmm...

Oh, 2T

Why do I love you so, yeah

Mmm...

Better be on my way, I can’t stay

Have you ever seen such a helpless woman

Oh...oh...no...

• 2 weeks later...
T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

D, to tha E, to tha L-I-S--

Oh hello, I didn't see you there. My name's Skeeter, but you can call me daddy. Haha

When I'm not bobbing away to that irrepresible fergie's latest album, I'm fighting. Now 'What does that mean for me?' you may ask, but I'm here to tell you. I'm currently campaigning(I'd use the term 'fighting', but it's such an ugly word) for moderator status of Hondos Fight Club and I need your help. Y'see, there's a man who says fluffball polls about who's had more underaged arse between Iron Man & the Green Lantern are a pulsing underbelly to rich cultural statements, but won't allow fisting. Now a few of you may ask, 'But Skeet, how do we fight without fists?' and that's a damned good question Timmy. Where would we be without fists? How would conflicts be settled? How else would a man satisfy my mother?*

I think as a society, we need fists, fisting, and any other verb or noun involving knuckles. We can grow as a nation under the principles of Fisting, but not while certain people can't stand to see them in Fight Club. There's two sides to every story though, so let's see what Arc has to say about this:

That's what i thought. Help me help you all, by voting for me, Skeeter, come election day. Not only do I promise to make FC a fistier place, but additionally, drunk with the flavour of my own power** I will witchhunt one significant member of this board to his or her cyber-grave in 2007. It could be anyone, so feel free to make a few requests. Remember now, that's SKEETER. Not Jesus or SKETR. Skeeter: For a better tomorrow, today.

*Before she died of course, god rest her soul :benny:

**Drunkenness may or may not be 100% power- the exact mix really can't be anticipated, but chances are good that beer and/or nazi sympathy may be involved

***Seriously, I'm incredibly wasted(it's taken 5 good tries to get that word right) right now so if you find this inappropriate, take it down & PM me the quoted version- I'll be gunning for your mod-rights soon.

I'm not buying it Nick. Ninjas need the mystique to intimidate and befuddle their foes. If they existed, Irish Ninjas would not keep their existance a total secret.

ANyways, I'm here in the clockworks forum to point out that when I'm in a topic in Politics I can't get out using the back button on the browser. Anyone else with this problem? I'm using IE, btw. Haven't checked to see if this is happening with firefox.

The League of Shadows made Batman who he is! Ra's al Gul taught Bruce how to use theatrics and misdirection and the image of being more than a man to defeat his enemies.

THat's why when Batman encounters a punk on the street, he's already won the battle of the mind. Not because they have no clue who or what he is, but because they have just enough information to build him up as mythical in their minds.

It would be the same as with your hypothetical Irish Ninjas. They'd have to let people know about them a little, to feed their legend.

And you really think Batman defeated the League of Shadows? Heck he didn't even defeat al Gul! Did *you* see a body?

At most Batman took out 20 low- and mid-range henchmen. The League of Shadows has tentacles EVERYWHERE.

And don't even mention the Hand to me... THe Hand aren't fit to clean the toilets at the League's Academy.

The Hand are...well, i thought :FHD: finally killed them but then Elektra took over or something. Its hard to keep up with ninja clans that'd rather control their enemies, despite all the times that shit's failed, then just kill them.

Good for your League. Ninjas dont need hype, theyre not a football team going for the superbowl. They need to have people think they dont exist like hte mafia, to operate freely. I mean, a few heads get cut off in IRA territory, youre not gonna bat an eyelash, but the job gets done.

You act like Tenchu had you train in PR.

ps did the league train bats at all in the comics? cause that shit was coo.

I'm sure the League taining Bruce will be retconned in at some point.

BTW, did anyone get ahold of that crappy Batman and Son story? DOn't get me started on the fact that Btman would leave his son lingering in the tender care of the League or years on end. He's not even 1/4 of the greatest detective in the world if he couldn't rescue his son by now.

THen to have Talia pull some international terrorist incident just to make Batman prove he loves her?

ABout the only thing they got right in this story was making the bat-kid a perfect little demon.

but everything else made no sense. Talia disappears with their son after showing Bats what a horrible horrible job she's doing raising him and Bats for some reason decides not to, I don't know, devote all his wealth, time and skill to rescuing his only son?

Crap piled on top of more crap.

----------------

Anyways, in the Legends of the Dark KNight books Bats seems to get trained mostly by Japanese grand masters with long white beards and obtuse philosophies.

My, but how skillfully, I've hijacked this thead...

Archived