Hondo's Bar

The Venture Brothers

Iambaytor

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they all available on the website though?

they would rather you watch it when it shows on the air. The shows that get the most views get more seasons.

Doc and Jackson were signed on for two more seasons, so they are doing both at the same time. The more shows that get watched while they are actually broadcast the more chances they will be allowed to do a season 6 and a season 7 as well. The shows that are watched online only count as a small percentage of what will be considered for more seasons, and the total percentage count cuts off at a certian time.

In other words, the more of a show that you watch both online and the actual broadcast time the more likley you countinue to see said show and all that jazz.

A show can still be dropped mid-season, so both Doc and Jackson have become somewhat protective of their brain baby. You might find them on torrent...but seriously. you should watch the shows when they are available. otherwise John Meets the Mayor or god fucking forbid, the fucking squidbillies might get another season. and that would be unforgivable.

I'm not trying to be pissy, really, I'm all about The Venture Brothers love, in any way shape or form, but forewarned...

SQUIDBILLIES.

(oh god the horror...)

• 3 weeks later...

o.whoa. SRSLY! If you have not watched any episodes from this season as of yet...DON'T watch this weeks (i know!!! I totally make no sense!) there's only 2 episodes left, and the finale is going to be big. this season was totally for the die-hard fans. i just now undestand that.

GAH. Doc and Jackson. MAH HEROES!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
They are now showing all of the old episodes on adult swim, and some on the adultswim website. Kind of old news, but whatever.

Did you see the Christmas special? It was more like Family Guy than a reg. Venture Bros. episode b/c it was mainly one gaga after another referencing old Christmas specials, but it was still frickin' awesome!

^^^

Yep, that was the S3 finale. There's a 10 min Christmas Special I found on piratebay. I'm not sure when it aired on Adult Swim, but I'm assuming it's recent. Look for it online--you won't be disappointed!

Oops...

Just looked it up online. Thank God for Wikipedia. Apparently it aired during S1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Very_Venture_Christmas

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 months later...
Oh hay. Picked up the season 3 DVD, and umm wow. Nothings censored, and I love it!

In other news, Jackson Publik admits he's getting burned out on Venture Brothers, while I get my spare bedroom re-decorated Misery style.

I wouldn't doubt it. They put blood sweat & tears into that show on a Cartoon network budget. So you know they ain't no millionaires. Personally I'm hoping for at least 1 more kick ass season. I'll get S3 on DVD in a few months when it goes on sale for half price like S2 did--fucking pissed me off when I paid $17 and it went on sale for $9.99 around Christmas.

I wouldn't doubt it. They put blood sweat & tears into that show on a Cartoon network budget. So you know they ain't no millionaires. Personally I'm hoping for at least 1 more kick ass season. I'll get S3 on DVD in a few months when it goes on sale for half price like S2 did--fucking pissed me off when I paid $17 and it went on sale for $9.99 around Christmas.

Meh. i don't mind paying full price as a fan, it's like any other DVD, eventually, it will be in the bargin bin. It's just a matter of wether or not you are willing to wait.

One more Kick ass season *is* on it's way, not sure when it will air tho. It's almost bittersweet, seeings how it may indeed, be the last season. I don't get excited as easily as i used to with shows, and it's rare that i find one that catches my interest as much as this one does. So I'll be sad to see it go, but expect it to go with a really BIG BANG.

Cartoon Network budget also got me Big O season 2, which made me happy. I'll be sad as hell if this show bites it, but I understand the feeling, and I respect it. If you start to phone it in, the quality suffers, so do it while you still love it and kill it like you'd want it to die.

• 4 months later...
That preview was distrubingly Brock-less, I hope Patrick Warburton didn't have to resign and that wasn't just a storyline element.

No, Brock's in there, right after Dean's dragon dealie. Shaved and with a bunch of band-aids, but that's his blue eyes, clear as day.