Hondo's Bar

Movies you wont watch

The NZA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on! What about BLOODSPORT!?!? That movie was awesome! I guess cuz I saw it a lot as a kid... -_-

Ooooooooooh you know what movies do drive me insane!? Movies for kids that bite off each other... How many movies about Penguins were there last year? A ton! a few were good, the rest however... :D

was it awesome? are you it was'nt shit?

Anything by the Wayans brothers. Anything that boasts of having anyone involved in Scary Movie on the poster, in fact I can't think of any recent spoof movie that was worth a damn, or that I've watched the whole way through. Where are those ZAZ boys when we need them? Oh shit they're directing Scary Movie sequels.

Doom doom doom.

Kull the Conqueror. I wanted to walk out but my husband, who was actually just my boyfriend at the time, wouldn't hear of it since he had just paid "good" money to see it. Even then, I was a fan of Kull and Robert E Howard. He would have wept. It was abysmal and not just cause it was a horrible adaptation. It really was just a bad movie.

i have to say i'm with you on the wayans/scary movie thing, just rubbish.

as far as spoof movies go, not another another teen movie gave me a few chuckles, but otherwise it has been a shit genre.

I feel the same way, but only about spoof movies nowadays. But back in the day, spoof movies were hysterical! I still love to watch the Mel Brooks classics like Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and many of his other movies. Also Hot Shots was a very funny spoof in my opinion. I think the moviemakers of today should go back and watch those classics and try to learn from the best, cuz nowadays, the spoof movies all just suck! :2T:

in fact I can't think of any recent spoof movie that was worth a damn, or that I've watched the whole way through.

I'm guessing you don't consider Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Galaxy Quest, the first Austin Powers, or Kung Fu Hustle to either be recent enough or spoof enough to qualify.

I'm guessing you don't consider Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Galaxy Quest, the first Austin Powers, or Kung Fu Hustle to either be recent enough or spoof enough to qualify.

i think he was talkin' about all that scary movie/date movie shite

you should add the second and third austin powers and kung pow to your list though of good recent spoofs

• 3 years later...

I have never been able to get into kung fu movies/samurai films, I'm sorry there's just so many ways you can hit a guy before it stops being cool, I've tried countless time and I just can't do it. Exceptions to the rule are movies that add a twist to the genre like Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, or Versus.

i know it's nearly 5 years later, but i didn't want you thinking you'd gotten away with this post.

*edit: ditto for ASC on bloodsport.

BmVoY.jpg

And in five years things have changed significantly. I've learned an appreciation for b action movies and Ong Bak opened my eyes to the martial arts genre, as did the Shaw Brothers (John Woo still sucks, I'm sorry, I tried but I prefer the American version of Sam Peckinpah)

I'm talking "Movie that I can't get into despite the fact that awesome things are happening all over the place John Woo." Hard Boiled and The Killer were attempted on many occassions and fail flat each time. I think the only John Woo I've ever sat all the way through was Face/Off and that's really because it was too batshit insane not to finish,.

Archived