Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

The only good bit I've seen Family Guy do in a long time.

In order of can'twaitedness

Breaking Bad

Game Of Thrones

Arrested Development

Firefly Season 2 *

george-michael-sad-walk_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

I don't know how I could even compare Arrested Development to the other ones. I've mostly pushed it out of my mind because, even though we've all seen images from the cast on the set, I still feel like it's going to be taken away from us, so I won't allow myself to believe it.

So, take me back to the beginning of the year, and this was my order of excitement for shows coming back.

Breaking Bad

The Legend of Korra

The Walking Dead

Game of Thrones

Totally Biased w/ W. Kamau Bell

Community

Mad Men

man i can barely watch that trailer without sen half-spoiling things from the book, this season gonna be crazy

If you can get your hand on the blurays of S2 the special features fill in a lot of backstory without spoiling stuff in future books. I always hated Stannis in the show, and even after reading more about him in the first three books I still had a dislike for him. However, after watching the special features for S2 last night, I can sympathize with him a lot more.

There's a great feature where in the episodes when some big historical event is mentioned (such as Robert's Rebellion or Greyjoy's Rebellion) you can get a short flash animated feature explaining the history of the event narrated from the POV of certain characters. For example, both Rob and Theon give narrations on Theon's father's rebellion and have two very different takes. They had this feature in S1, but it wasn't integrated in to the individual episodes.

Stannis' narration for the events of Robert's rebellion really rounded out his character's rationale for me in a way even the books didn't.

Davos was an instant favorite of mine due largely to the actor's performance in the TV series. You'll be pleased to know he remains a major character in book/season three.

Speaking of which, book3/s3 spoiler...

I just re-watched S2E2 tonight and Davos' son Matthos made a comment about Davos not being able to read. Damnit what a bitter-sweet line knowing what's to come at the end of book 3 w/ the raven from Castle Black and Davos' reading lessons w/ the Maester. It's great how much detail the show creators are paying to things like that.

Also, speaking of hidden foreshadowing, in the same episode Melisandre whispers in Matthos' ear, "Death by fire is the purest death." Fuck! I never registered that before! She knew Blackwater Bay would happen!?!?!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Onion Knight FTW!

• 2 weeks later...

^^That trailer almost showed too much. It seems like they're going a lot farther into book 3 this season than I thought. A couple of things in there made me geek out and a couple made me freak out. Someone who's read the book A Clash of Kings can correct me on this...

But Dany never had her dragons on chains in the book right? It makes sense, but I thought I remember her saying throughout the wars on the slave cities that the dragons were too small to do any harm on the battle field.

Also, who's that getting tortured on the X? Jaime by Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions?

And here's School of Thrones episode 3.

http://youtu.be/jJo3la5RGFg

Varys giving Littlefinger the bird was hilarious. Also, Dany's multiple burns are the best part--especially her burn on poor Jon at the end.

But Dany never had her dragons on chains in the book right? It makes sense, but I thought I remember her saying throughout the wars on the slave cities that the dragons were too small to do any harm on the battle field.

Also, who's that getting tortured on the X? Jaime by Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions?

Question one:

One of them, yes. During the chapter with The Unsullied in Astapor.

Question two:

My guess would be Theon.

Cheers, Ly. I was hoping you'd hop on those questions.

And I think you're right about that being Theon. I forgot that a "flayed man" in the shape of an X was the symbol of house Bolton. Roose's bastard son sends Theon's hand or something demanding payment, right? I don't recall Theon being in book 3 much at all. I'm in book 4 now and I know his sister has at least one chapter, so maybe they'll pull from that to expand Theon's role for the series?

Also, who do you think that girl in green was being undressed? It almost looked like Theon's sister was the one pulling the dress off her.

Speaking of hopping on things...

Sansa'd get it.

Mellisandre'd get it.

Yuuup. And so would Daeny, but the wig would have to stay on.