Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

S2 is done, and it felta little anticlimactic after the Battle of Blackwater episode last week. The ending was epic though...

ZOMBIE HORSE!!! I really liked the White Walkers/Others look as well. Jon's big duel scene felt rushed though. A lot was going on w/ him emotionally in a short period of time. That was the first man he killed, right?

The Tyrion/Shay scene was touching. I loved how his dad literally rode in and shat on his whole life in King's Landing. I wish there could've been a scene w/ those two. Shay is my #2 favorite Chick in Westeros after Arya. That look when Arya talked about finding Sansa was hilarious. Speaking of Sansa, would someone please punch her stupid face. Why the hell didn't she escape w/ the Hound when she had the chance? Oh, b/c she's a fucking idiotic mewling quim, that's why.

Some questions raised for me in the episode:

1. Who burnt down Winterfell? I thought Theon's men gave him up to the siege army?

2. How did Stannis escape King's Landing? I thought he was being captured when Tywin & the Tyrells rode in last episode?

3. WTF, Daenyrs has a mindlink to the dragons now or something? Cool but, that was a bit sudden.

4. So what the hell was that whole scene w/ Drago and the burned throne room about? Warlock fucking w/ her head or what?

5.Is Samwell White Walker food?

The Tyrion/Shay scene was touching. I loved how his dad literally rode in and shat on his whole life in King's Landing. I wish there could've been a scene w/ those two. Shay is my #2 favorite Chick in Westeros after Arya. That look when Arya talked about finding Sansa was hilarious. Speaking of Sansa, would someone please punch her stupid face. Why the hell didn't she escape w/ the Hound when she had the chance? Oh, b/c she's a fucking idiotic mewling quim, that's why.

I can certainly see how you'd feel that way, but I've read a pretty good argument for her actually being pretty damn brave. I'd post it here, but it has spoilers in it that are current in regards to the most recent book. If you want, I'll look for it and PM it to you.

Some questions raised for me in the episode:

Who burnt down Winterfell? I thought Theon's men gave him up to the siege army?

Lord Bolton's Bastard (Ramsay Snow).

How did Stannis escape King's Landing? I thought he was being captured when Tywin & the Tyrells rode in last episode?

Nope. He was taking the battlements and saw his people attacked from behind. One thing I'll say for Stannis: He's no coward. Not just spearheading his own men on foot against a siege and then being one of the first up the fucking ladder, that's a good way to get killed, maimed or burned.

WTF, Daenyrs has a mindlink to the dragons now or something? Cool but, that was a bit sudden.

You talking about her getting them to burn the warlock? That word she said was something she'd been training them for. It was a command to use fire.

So what the hell was that whole scene w/ Drago and the burned throne room about? Warlock fucking w/ her head or what?

They didn't really go into it the way the book did, but each room she passed was a different vision. In the book, each vision showed the past, a bit of the present, or even some prophecy for the future. My guess is that in the tv series, the throne room was supposed to be the future, and the part with Drogo was supposed to be a way to trap her.

Is Samwell White Walker food?

Do you really want to know?

If things are going to follow the books at least that much (they've been changing a bit), no.

What a great ending but now I'm totally boo-hooing that we have to wait 10 months before we get some more. I know, I know -- read the books!

Thanks to Robb & his new bride's wedding vows, I can see this become the new "for richer, for poorer"

I had to chuckle with

Theon going nuts with the horn blower

also

When Jaqen H'ghar's face changed I was like whoa! Question...will we be seeing him again and really what the hell is he?

I was also baffled that the

white walkers just kind of ignored Samwell...I mean, don't they attack regardless?

All in all, I enjoyed this season very much and can't wait until the next one...

Edited by Aartemys

I can certainly see how you'd feel that way, but I've read a pretty good argument for her actually being pretty damn brave. I'd post it here, but it has spoilers in it that are current in regards to the most recent book. If you want, I'll look for it and PM it to you.

Lord Bolton's Bastard (Ramsay Snow).

Nope. He was taking the battlements and saw his people attacked from behind. One thing I'll say for Stannis: He's no coward. Not just spearheading his own men on foot against a siege and then being one of the first up the fucking ladder, that's a good way to get killed, maimed or burned.

You talking about her getting them to burn the warlock? That word she said was something she'd been training them for. It was a command to use fire.

They didn't really go into it the way the book did, but each room she passed was a different vision. In the book, each vision showed the past, a bit of the present, or even some prophecy for the future. My guess is that in the tv series, the throne room was supposed to be the future, and the part with Drogo was supposed to be a way to trap her.

Do you really want to know?

If things are going to follow the books at least that much (they've been changing a bit), no.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? make 'em read the books like the rest of us did!!!! there's so much missing from the last episode, my thoughts on last episode-major spoilers.

Danys entire time in Quarth has been changed, even the warlocks tower is different-not in a good way IMO. It was explained much better in the book, the whole thing with Boltons bastard- done way off and I know a lot of people are WTFing about it, if i hadn't read the book i wouldn't understand it either. I don't like what they did with Sam the Slayer either. The Other was cool and all but it happens in a much more exciting way on the book. Same with John. The Lord of Bones looks awesome tho. I'd totally let him bone me. There are still two key characters missing from the book. Also they keep adding to Melisandre and Shae. So dumb! I am beyond disappointed that they spent so much time with Shae, Melisandre and Tyrion and added things that weren't in the book and completely excluded the two missing characters.

Also i think they should rename the series "101 Ways to Make a Pretty Princess Cry" poor Sansa!!

Haku- some of Ly's spoilers don't happen until the next book- so you wouldn't know about them this season anyways. It's kind of like Lost where every ending is intentionally left as a cliffhanger, but gets resolved eventually (unlike Lost haha).

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

I'm going to be reading through the books over the summer, so I'll have it all spoiled for me in one sense, but I look forward to it.

Yeah, same here Doj. I clicked on all Ly's spoilers except for the one about Samwell. I skimmed Dr. Chikins, but it wasn't none too spoilery from what I caught.

Regarding Daenyrs:

I figured the book would address all those doors int he tower. I can't wait to read that part of Clash of Kings and get into all the prophecies. Ooh, so Harry Potter. I keed. I keed. :D

That word she said to the dragon was his name I thought. I didn't catch that it was a word for "breathe fire on the creepy bald guy." I know there was a scene a few episodes ago where the dragon burned it's own meat and Daeny used the word, but again it came across to me more as her saying the dragon's name."

Regarding Winterfell & Theon:

Why the fuck would they not clarify in the series who burned down Winterfell?!? Or is that not clarified in book two? Are Robb's men rebelling against him already?

Is what happened to Theon after his men knocked him out explained in book two?

And is Osha/Tonks really gonna take them North? Wait, don't tell me. Gah. This is torturous! Just tell me, is it revealed in book two or three which way Hodor & Co. head?

Tyrion & the Lannisters:

I know in the book his face is supposedly more maimed, like his nose is cut off or something, but I thought the scar they did give him was pretty gruesome.

Is it explained more in book two how the Tyrells and Lannisters came to be at King's Landing at the opportune time? I'm guessing Littlefinger had a big part to play in it. But the last we saw of Tywin before he got to King's Landing was him talking about riding out at night to surprise Robb Stark. Am I remembering this incorrectly? Is some explanation given in the book as to how Tywin Lannister's men got there in time to "save the day" for Tyrion?

Also, Joffry and the Tyrell girl being wed, I couldn't decide if it was decided before hand and they just played it out like it was impromptu or if they really never knew of Tyrell's proposition beforehand. It was a good scene either way.

Jon Snow

Book readers, please just tell me this -- did the show cover all the important points w/ him or was there a lot left out like there was w/ Daeny's story?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
king of the north!

Isn't anyone going to address my spoiler?

READ THE BOOKS. <3

Yeah, same here Doj. I clicked on all Ly's spoilers except for the one about Samwell. I skimmed Dr. Chikins, but it wasn't none too spoilery from what I caught.

Regarding Daenyrs:

I figured the book would address all those doors int he tower. I can't wait to read that part of Clash of Kings and get into all the prophecies. Ooh, so Harry Potter. I keed. I keed. :D

That word she said to the dragon was his name I thought. I didn't catch that it was a word for "breathe fire on the creepy bald guy." I know there was a scene a few episodes ago where the dragon burned it's own meat and Daeny used the word, but again it came across to me more as her saying the dragon's name."

Regarding Winterfell & Theon:

Why the fuck would they not clarify in the series who burned down Winterfell?!? Or is that not clarified in book two? Are Robb's men rebelling against him already?

Is what happened to Theon after his men knocked him out explained in book two?

And is Osha/Tonks really gonna take them North? Wait, don't tell me. Gah. This is torturous! Just tell me, is it revealed in book two or three which way Hodor & Co. head?

Tyrion & the Lannisters:

I know in the book his face is supposedly more maimed, like his nose is cut off or something, but I thought the scar they did give him was pretty gruesome.

Is it explained more in book two how the Tyrells and Lannisters came to be at King's Landing at the opportune time? I'm guessing Littlefinger had a big part to play in it. But the last we saw of Tywin before he got to King's Landing was him talking about riding out at night to surprise Robb Stark. Am I remembering this incorrectly? Is some explanation given in the book as to how Tywin Lannister's men got there in time to "save the day" for Tyrion?

Also, Joffry and the Tyrell girl being wed, I couldn't decide if it was decided before hand and they just played it out like it was impromptu or if they really never knew of Tyrell's proposition beforehand. It was a good scene either way.

Jon Snow

Book readers, please just tell me this -- did the show cover all the important points w/ him or was there a lot left out like there was w/ Daeny's story?

None of that stuff is explained until the next (3)books Haku- as far as John Snow, it was pretty much true, there's much more of him and his 'brother' who was also caught. It explains it better.

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

Man I wanna read the books... but I don't want the show spoiled. Espcially if it's as close as you guys are saying, I'll just wait til the show runs a couple more seasons.

#patience

Isn't anyone going to address my spoiler?

I hope so, I hate her so, and it would make her alot less dull.

Edited by axel_napalm