Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

Nah, if that comment was addressed to me Ly I think I've gone over this w/ you before--I just can't get into audiobooks. The main reason I'm trudging through book one is I already know the plot and all I really want to do is get to book three so I can find out WTF happens to Tyrion, Arya, Theon, Daeny. Jon, Robb, etc. But the completist in me is in conflict here. Bah. I may just end up skipping to book two if I don't finish book one w/in the next week.

And then there's this:

http://youtu.be/IS01jgGyGeI

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
SQUEAKER KING OF THE NORTH!

I'd advise against skipping any of the books. The television series (as enjoyable as it is) is greatly simplified, with far fewer characters. You skip a book, and you'll miss out on things and people that aren't in the television series that come back later.

I'd advise that you just skip book one, if you want to skip any at all. DO NOT SKIP BOOK TWO. Especially if you have unanswered questions about the second season.

Big if there. Book one is the book that you'll miss the least (not because it's bed, but because they stayed pretty accurate in the television series during season one).

HAKU, I am a very fast reader. I am just gonna download them onto my Nook and read them through the summer. I'm sure I can get through them all by the time the next season starts. Then I can start posting in the Song of Fire and Ice thread. :)

HAKU, I am a very fast reader. I am just gonna download them onto my Nook and read them through the summer. I'm sure I can get through them all by the time the next season starts. Then I can start posting in the Song of Fire and Ice thread. :)

:love:

Godspeed, fair Cathy. I'm actually really torn b/c I love the TV show and having things revealed to me as they unfold on the TV series. That's why I waited to read books one and two. However, book three will be spread over two seasons, so I know I won't be able to wait that long on that one.

I have a co-worker that has read the books & comes into the office saying, "that didn't happen in the book" or "they didn't put this in the show". Starting to get annoying. I'd rather find out for myself.

I'd rather you pull a Tyrion and bitchslap said co-worker. :D

Look, did my hand fall off?

So, anyone got $30k they can lend a bruva?

00373634-572436_cat06_281.jpg?k=9695a31a&pid=373634&s=cat06&sn=hbo00373634-572441_cat07_281.jpg?k=1778af84&pid=373634&s=cat07&sn=hbo

The Game of Thrones Iron Throne is unlike anything you've ever seen before. This custom chair is designed to mimic the seat of kings in the Seven Kingdoms. On the show, the Iron Throne was constructed by Aegon I Targaryen, the first king of the Seven Kingdoms. He made it from the swords surrendered by his enemies. Legend has it, it's made of a thousand swords that took 59 days to hammer out into a throne. Spikes and jagged edges in every direction make this one very intimidating lounge. Our version is constructed of hand-finished, hand-painted fiberglass and fire-proof resin that's been twisted and turned to re-create the Game of Thrones design. Now's your chance to own this very special custom-made piece of furniture that, by all appearances, is more closely related to art. Extra large in size, it measures over 7' in height, close to 6' in depth and 5.5' in width. Calling it "impressive" is an understatement.

*Dimensions: Height: 7'2", Depth: 5'11", Width: 5'5"

*Made Of: Hand finished, hand painted fiberglass throne. Fire rated resin.

*Weight: 350 pounds

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:

Surcharge includes ground shipping, insurance and white glove service delivery to your home. The Game of Thrones, "Throne" is custom produced and will be available for shipping within 6-8 weeks of your order being processed and upon a successful authorization of funds. The HBO Store will hold your order for up to 48 hours, after this period the order will begin processing. Unfortunately, NO cancellation requests will be accepted after this period and sales are FINAL as this is a custom piece. The item weighs 350 lbs and is delivered in a wooden crate (dimensions of the crate are 74”L x 65”W x 93”H). HBO Shop Customer Service Agents will contact you upon confirmation of your order to arrange a time and place of delivery. For any question or concerns please contact hboshop@custhelp.com or call us at 1-866-316-4814.

Yup, it's legit. The user comments aren't though, but they are funny.