Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

Frogfolk?

Frog2.jpg

Heh. I remember the nicest/greatest gift Nick has ever given me was back when we were kids and he was playing Chrono Trigger... and he named the frog after me! I knew then that we were going to be friends for life :')

Edited by Panch

the Reeds. It's not a spoiler really but they are introduced at the end of book 2. One of the other characters calls them 'frog eaters'.

Ha! I just today read that chapter!

Semi-Book 2 Spoilers:

It's where they come to Bran to pledge their oath a fealty to Winterfell and Bran has another direwolf dream. Jojen seems to have some connection to them and animals in general. I'm looking forward to reading more about the Reed siblings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently has some spoilers in the pic that I'm not aware of :/

Yeah, but for the most part just seeing them in the picture isn't going to tell you anything in particular. It's more of a thing you understand better in hindsight (unless you care to actively guess what something in the picture means).

TrRmz.jpg

Apparently has some spoilers in the pic that I'm not aware of :/

Yeah, having only read up to book two (I should finally be on to book three by next week!) there was nothing immediately spoilery to me in that pic of the Lannister clan. However, I did have to stop looking at it b/c there are a few things in there that had me wondering about their meaning and relation to things to come in the later books.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, after starting and getting current with Breaking Bad, it was time to move on to another similarly, seemingly universally acclaimed TV series I'd been reluctant to jump onto, and I picked A Game of Thrones.

Just finished up the second and most recent season, and of course it was awesome. Actually, I wasn't super invested in the first few episodes, but I kept watching because the production of it was just so great and I didn't actively dislike it, and I wanted to give it a fair shake, and it kinda crept up on me. After the second episode I thought "this is pretty good, but I don't care very much for most of the characters," but by the time that

Ned challenged Joffery's claim to the iron throne,

I realized I was totally absorbed in the world and the characters. My favorite characters are Arya, Khaleesi, Tyrion, Bran and Catelyn.

Anyway, I have 22 pages of this thread to read now.

• 3 weeks later...