Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

yeah

jamie'd be downright legit if he didn't push children out of windows...that kingslayer backstory, plus sympathy for losing his sword hand makes him pretty compelling.

what sucks is ive had to miss watching this over with bish & gunsmith - literally a room of people who've read the books, trying their best to behave around me - only to watch with kertins who's like "OH MY GOD THIS SCENE IS GONNA BE...OH MY GOD"

My guess is ironic phrasing, but I wouldn't call Tywin a 'bad dude'. Nor a 'rad dad'. Just a very judicious leader factoring what's best for his family without taking into account what might be best for his family.

Gonna feel for the guy when he sees Jaime again.

I like Tywin and Jaime. They're not nice people, but I enjoy the characters, the actors and the history of the pair of them also. I've always found Jaime never really wanted to get involved in all the political nonsense the others get involved in. He seems happy enough to kill people and fuck his sister. And who are we to deny him that?

One of my favorite characters from the books is a monster. I just like the "evil" characters as much as the good.

Except Joffrey.

I pictured Ross as Muldoon from this scene when I read that:

http://youtu.be/ViSUjKgHejI

Although, technically Ross would be Nedry in that analogy.

So yeah, I can't root for any Lannister that's taller than three feet. Just sayin.

I was totally w/ you until I read book 3. And if the series goes on being as loyal to the key elements of the novel's plots and characters as it has been...

Jaime is only going to get more likeable. Cersei though, she needs a 50 yard cunt punt Michael Shannon style.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
raptors vs dragons!

Is it as bad in the Walking Dead thread? It seems very noticeable here, but it may be since I've read Walking Dead I don't notice it as much there. Either way, just finished the last ep. Good stuff, I still hate Rob Stark's wifey.

I just finished the latest episode, "The Climb," and am freaking.the.fuck.out. Sooooo much shit was different from the books, but it was still awesome and I loved every minute of it. Also, nice of them to throw in that little bit at the end just to remind us all what a giant cunt Joffery is.

LY, Tulip, DOJ, Chikins, all my book readers--here are a few questions...

1.) Cersei never admits to ordering Tyrion killed in the TV show, but wasn't it her that did it in the books? As retaliation for Myrcella, right?

2.) Where the hell do you think the showrunners are going w/ not making Loras a kingsguard? That's kind of an essential roll for him in AFFC.

3.) How much do you love Roose's bastard fucking with Theon? Book readers know who he is, but there's been several clues given to TV watchers. The way Roose lied to Jaime in a similar way is one. Another, and more obvious one, is Theon is strapped to the device that is Roose's banner. Oh, and Theon did get his finger flayed tonight.

4.) We knew from the trailers that Melisandre was going to meet Gendry (and the show would combine him and Edric or whatever Robert's highborn bastard son's name was that she was trying to sacrifice in book 3), but the way they did it? Fuck. That whole sequence was awesome. Way unexpected. Was any of that shit in book 5, cuz I always thought Melisandre had pegged Stannis wrong and Baeric was the "one" since he seemed to wield Lightbringer. Tonight's episode shot that theory down, no.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
fixed thpoilerth

• 2 weeks later...

That is never anything less than fantastic. I do like how I didn't bat an eyelid at Gendry getting the sexing from Mellisandre, yet he's only meant to be a few years older than Arya. The book & show have numbed me to statutory rape it seems...

Re Ross' bookish spoilers

Meg said Jawn Sneew is only 14 in the books as well, right?