Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

S6E5

This one kinda got spoiled for me online. Not because of social media (I was careful there because I didn't watch the episode until three days after it aired), but because these clickbait hack pseudo journalists can't write a fucking headline or do an article summary without caking it in fucking spoilers!

...but no one gives a shit about the dog. You heartless bastards.

I didn't neg you, but I should've becuse you damn well should know better than to...

...call a direwolf a dog! I mean...gawdamn, Bindy. dissappointed.gif

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Slower episode this week, but I think we all needed that

So I think Margary is totally gonna fucking murder Tommund, in his sleep or some shit I dunno, but the show can make us think she has turned, but she ain't having any of that shit. Tommund's character has remained so stagnant since he became a prominent part of the show too. It's just him being manipulated by one person after another, so I think his number is up whether Margary does it or not. I just think it would be appropriate for that to happen.

Also thoughts on Arya betraying the Faceless? I kinda saw that coming, but I'm afraid they're gonna pull some bullshit there. I can see the bitchy chick actually killing Arya, and stealing her goddamn face. So we still have Maisie Williams, but as a totally different character. Would be another level to tragic bullshit.

caught up to last week's ep, have to watch the one that just passed now...fuck this show though

...but no one gives a shit about the dog. You heartless bastards.

and just to buy them what, like 3-4 seconds extra tops? ugh, that was a useless death

holy fuck, this show can still entertain but it's staying off the goddamn hinges

- poison gals killed the king of doran. great! everything seems fine

- khalisi burned down the tribal leaders. okay, you're queen of all now!

- hey, we disagree with lord commander snow's actions, so let's kill the dude & all but his best boys seem okay with that, fuck these formerly-sacred vows amirite

- ramsey murdered his dad, king strategist keeping the kingdom together, in front of people. whatever, you're king now! even with your alliances clearly falling apart around you, hey, you've got 5k of loyal troops apparently unbothered by sudden management shifts

and the dumbest one yet:

- boring-ass drowned kingdom literally goes from cheering on pirate badass chick, to shock & awe when dirty uncle is accused of killing his king/brother, to cheering after a full-on admission,followed by "no one liked him! ive traveled the world, let's make waterworld great again!" YAYYYYYY fickle crowd backs psycho, who literally says his first act is to murder more of the royal family most of them just cheered for, with zero opposition

this is sloppy bullshit. bishop was on about how said uncle showed up all pirate-y and bearing chests full of gold to sway the people/adding merit to his claims of seeing valeria & the world, why would that have been so hard here!?

all we hear about is how jamie is this big oathbreaker for killing a mad fucking king, yet like every kingdom is going through a revolution now - many of which from direct patricide/etc - and not a single penalty for these acts, i'm not even seeing resistance/uprisings.

i was okay with the red wedding showing how vows mean nothing in dark times, but this is really making entire regions feel more like flat set pieces with no continuity. things continue to just happen & the fact that we've caught the books and just feel like we're making it up now feels more & more evident as time goes on

S6E7 - "Broken Man"

What a great guest appearance!

Very minor book spoiler

By Ian McShane! I'm guessing he is the septon Brienne and Pod hook up with in book 4, was it? I wonder if the Hound returning will lead to him discovering Lady Stoneheart instead of Brienne? It'd kind of make sense for the show since he's in their territory and already had experience with seeing Dondarian resurrected in the TV show.

As for the rest of the epsiode...

Lady Mormont was pure gold. She almost upstaged the return of the Hound. I'm not sure how I feel about him returning, but if he ends up going where I predict in my above spoiler then it'll be all worth it.

I'm guessing Sansa is writing Littlefinger. I don't like her not being honest with Jon. Bitch needs to recognize greatness and get on board the Snow Train. Speaking of which, Davos on Team Snow is great. Ditto for that scene w/ the wildlings and giant.

Blackfish is the shit. I love what he said to Jamie. Previews for next episode look good.

And holy shit Arya got fucking stabbed!!! I do not like this at all. I've not read book five so I don't know if she's gonna die or get help somehow. It doesn't look good. Damn.

The use of the return of the hound in conjunction with arya getting stabbed and left for dead is an important parallel.

...in other words, she's gonna be fine.

I thought the opposite really. Like one life being traded for another. I hope you're right though, bindy. Damnit, I hope you're right.

Better days...and only in GoT could this be considered "better."

Arya-and-Gendry-Season-2-arya-and-gendry-37249499-3970-26421.jpg

Narratively, it makes little sense for Arya to die since she's the last thread in that storyline. The past 2 seasons of training would have been for nothing in terms of where the story goes.

Compare that to other famous character deaths and you see that there was always a second character or more to carry the arc of that storyline on. So for instance the Red Wedding left the Lannisters as victors so they could shift to the war with Stannis. Joffrey's death got Sansa moving. The Hound's death got Arya moving on etc.

The exception is Jon Snow's death which made little sense and everyone instinctively KNEW he was coming back because there was no one at the wall to continue that location's storyline except Ollie.

A man makes sense about the fate of a girl. However...

Arya's face could still be taken and the cunt that stabbed Arya may ors someone else could end up "moving the Faceless Men storyline along with dead Arya's face. I am still preparing myself for the worst next week.

So when the Waif (bitchy nameless chick) tells the man "you promised me" and he goes "dont make her suffer", I have a strong feeling it was for the actress that was already targeted. The fact she went after Arya and had such contempt for her is kinda against the faceless anywau right? I think that was a test on her part amd Arya is gonna get saved by The Man, and The Waif pays the price for disobeying his cryptic instructions

• 2 weeks later...

S6E9

Yes, beautiful. Intense. Beautifully intense.

I had active fucking anxiety as Jon kept doing exactly the fucking opposite of what Sansa warned him about. Him being nearly buried alive by his own men was fucking traumatizing.And until those Eyrie calvary showed up I though this show was gonna let Ramsay win. And we knew the dragons would save the day for Khalessi, but I didn't know it would look that fucking cool. Two characters we love with two great battle victories. Is this foreshadowing with something between Daeny & Snow? Fire & Ice? Eh? Eh?

Poor Rikon. As soon as I saw those flayed men burning on the field I knew archers were going to be in play, but I was with Jon in hoping Sansa was wrong and Rikon would somehow make it out. For him to die before Jon's eye's and to make Jon somehow feel responsible for it for not getting to him in time is just credit to how brilliantly cruel and manipulative Ramsay is. He should've fed those hounds though.

And Sansa, I think is going down a dangerous path. There was some ominous foreshadowing about her future when Sansa said she can still feel Ramsay inside her (when she met Littlefinger in Molestown) which was echoed by Ramsay before he died. Sansa did say to Ramsay that his words and memory would fade, but I think the show is telling us that her time with Joffery & Ramsay has changed her as much as her time with Littlefinger--she had that sly smile on her face as she walked away from her enemy being eaten alive. Speaking of Littlefinger, if Sansa fucking marries him I will lose my shit. I just hope Arya makes it back to Westeros next episode so next season I can look forward to her using the skills she learned on her Braavosi internship on Littlefinger next season.

I'm not too invested with this Cersei story coming up next episode. I'm more interested in...

Book Spoiler

Brienne and Pod. I've got a feeling they may meet Lady Stoneheart on the river. Maybe the Hound's story will intersect with Brienne & Pod here, too. That meeting has interesting possibilities. And like I mentioned earlier, Arya. Also, Bran & Ben: Winter Break, plus Sam & Gilly and the aftermaths of the battles from S6E9 should have some interesting plot points.

The two show runners are talking roughly 13 more episodes left between seasons 7 & 8, but HBO seems to be hopeful they can talk them into more. I'm not optimistic as they really sped up the whole Kingsmoot plot in S6 over a few episodes, which went the course of an entire novel in the books. Seems like they want to wind this thing up with this series. I think this world is so rich that we could possibly see a spinoff series. I'll stop rambling and thinking wishfully now.

Predictions -

Since the next season is supposed to be split into two parts:

Part 1:

Cersi just kinda rulin' shit and being evil.

Kaleesi takes over Kings landing.

Jamie turns on Cersi.

Part 2:

Snow is like, hey Kaleesi, like, white dudes.

Kaleesi is like - yeah i know right?

Final countdown plays

Victory

Iron throne is melted - because that symbolizes the show and symbolism and shit.

End show

...the trump card is how Arya figures into all of this. I'm still coming up with ideas.

Edited by Bindusara

I'm pretty sure Arya is going to fuck something up before the end. She's gonna mean well, but royaly throw the monkey wrench in someone's plans for the throne. I'm predicting she kills Tyrion, not knowing/caring dude is actually one of the good guys. Followed quickly by the internet melting.