Hondo's Bar

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Acalis

Star Trek vs. Star Wars  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't buy a shallow pool you would cause you're

you grammar says it all devilsadvoc8 not to mention u read/watch that sad excuse for a book that is harry potter which is just a rip off off an old irish title while using bits from some english wizardry novels aswell. and as for joining your ranks, read up on 1914 in irish history and what came after and u shall have thine answer!!!!

aslo jont, nice!!!

Keep telling yourself that, and when you're done ponder how The Matrix is all about philosophy and shit.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Professor Thomas J. Sienkewicz, Harry Potter displays 8 of the 22 Hero characteristics, but the story has only gone to the point of characteristic number 11, so he really has 8 out of 11. Also, he experiences 16 if you replace his classmates with 'subjects', as he falls out of favor with most of them on more than one occasion. JK Rowling has made clear the story will end with book 7, so I suspect he will die in a heroic battle against Voldemort. I would not be surprised if he fulfill most of the last 6.

I only mention this because while Harry Potter may share some aesthetic similarities with some books published before its time, it is these underlying mythological themes that have made it an unprecedented success.

You know Rev I could use a man of the cloth on my side...

SoF!!! Long fuckin time no see!! Me vs. McChicken-Shit? HA! I skoff at the fast food burn out, let him fight the Hamburgler!!

This ain't fookin ENGLISH class mcChicken!! Sorry me fookin drunkin tongue doesnt suit your elequent modern dialect blend of old eastern tradition and potato eating mick slurring SORRY bout tha thur mmmkay. Shit I didn't know you were Mrs. Lute my 3rd grade fuckin english teacher I DIDN'T fookin know I had to drink HOT tea with my pinky up you fuckin POSER named after a dollar menu item...shit man how fuckin LAME is that...critisizing my grammer thats somethin that fat fuck CRIP would do..."oh my GOD Sssspicy look at DA8 he can't SPELL or use complete sentences and here the SAT's are only a week away!!!"

Shit I didn't know it was bad Saved by the Bell episode week in here...

Lord Raglan's 22 qualities of a classical hero:

1. Hero's mother is a royal virgin;

2. His father is a king, and

3. Often a near relative of his mother, but

4. The circumstances of his conception are unusual, and

5. He is also reputed to be the son of a god.

6. At birth an attempt is made, usually by his father or his maternal grand father to kill him, but

7. he is spirited away, and

8. Reared by foster -parents in a far country.

9. We are told nothing of his childhood, but

10. On reaching manhood he returns or goes to his future Kingdom.

11. After a victory over the king and/or a giant, dragon, or wild beast,

12. He marries a princess, often the daughter of his predecessor and

13. And becomes king.

14. For a time he reigns uneventfully and

15. Prescribes laws, but

16. Later he loses favor with the gods and/or his subjects, and

17. Is driven from the throne and city, after which

18. He meets with a mysterious death,

19. Often at the top of a hill,

20. His children, if any do not succeed him.

21. His body is not buried, but nevertheless

22. He has one or more holy sepulchres.

Anakin qualifies for 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 through 17, 19 if you consider the Death Star to be a hill, and 20 through 22. That's just one less than Jesus.

Thank's for reminding me, I forgot to add that its cliched.

Star Wars has some of the best production design of any movie, better than Star Trek it has to be said, but George Lucas has always been a hack writer. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the movies, lots of fun movies have been made by hacks, but don't make it something it's not.

train? you really are dumb... i'm just saying, all you do is the one thing, over and over and over, across about 50 threads, its pointless stupid and fucking boring at this stage....

See, this is why we all threw a little party when he disappeared from Preacher's back in the day. It's mildly amusing the first few posts, but then you learn to skip past his name in every thread and pretend he's not there. Trust me, life is simpler that way.

What he doesn't understand is that it's about Quality, not quantity.

I don't doubt he'd be entertaining to watch in actual arguments, but this lack of substance thing got old after his first day here. Sheer delusion can only take you so far.

I like to hear you guys talking about me...shows me what an IMPACT I've made.

Silent Bob, what a ham & egger. When YOU left PREACHERS you know what happened? Nothing.

I INSPIRE all of YOUR HATE. I MAKE you WHAT you are. I am making this place RUN as we speak. You are fucking ANTS to me. I torment you out of sheer boredom. It's funny to me. To watch you scurry around after I kick a fuckin hole into the side of your little colony here.

div...I used the getting laid thing here not that long ago, do TRY to keep up, and say things I or others haven't already said about me, OK? C'mon I know that pea fucking brain of yours can come up with something, but don't strain yourself kid.

KNEEL before DA8.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting back on topic...

DA8 as I said before, if you're favorite character is Riker, then you would get a real kick out of the Star Trek: Titan novels. There's 3 of them with a 4th coming soon. The novels pick up where Star Trek: Nemesis left off, after Riker and Troi leave to take over the USS Titan, and there are some very interesting adventures ahead! Also several other before crewmembers are in this book also (like Tuvok from Voyager), and some weird and fascinating new people (the ship's chief medical officer is a dinosaur!!!) But I won't spoil it for you, just trust me you gotta check those out.

Man a dinosaur that shit is deep! Yeah I need to read those, I still put SW on top but I'm down with the Trek too.

It's like Elvis and the Beatles I love em both but if it came down to one or the other then Elvis (SW) it is. Until then I feel blessed to be able to enjoy both.

I know a little piece of Dark Kannigit will die with the following but: Star Trek, hands down.

I grew up watching TNG...Jean Luc -- whatta man!

I think I even went through a stage of saying, "Make It So!" for everything. I know I have a JLP action figure somewhere in the house...gotta find it and take a picture.

Worf was my favorite character. He was rough, but you could always see a softness to him in his eyes...

I want to get a chinese crested dog and name it Khan...no one seems to see the similarity...what do you think?

1100073.jpgimage11250.jpg

I know a little piece of Dark Kannigit will die with the following but: Star Trek, hands down.

I grew up watching TNG...Jean Luc -- whatta man!

I think I even went through a stage of saying, "Make It So!" for everything. I know I have a JLP action figure somewhere in the house...gotta find it and take a picture.

Worf was my favorite character. He was rough, but you could always see a softness to him in his eyes...

I want to get a chinese crested dog and name it Khan...no one seems to see the similarity...what do you think?

1100073.jpgimage11250.jpg

i always knew you had class babe.

if you called that dog anything but khan, it would be a travesty

If Khan did have a pooch, that would so be it! And I bet it peobably would also be genetically engineered, some kind of super dog that could catch a lode frisbee like nothing!

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!" That line from ST2: The Wrath of Khan is still classic! :ghost:

Archived