Hondo's Bar

Alright, I'm an Ireland supporter. Now what?

Jumbie

For those who don't alreadyknow, On St. Patrick's Day, Ireland knocked highly-rated Pakistan out of the Cricket World Cup in one of the biggest upsets of cricket history.

I have a ticket to one of the second round matches that was supposed to be Pakistan VS India if things had gone according to expectations. Instead it's now going to be IRELAND vs either INdia or Sri Lanka. Now, since I've never particularly liked India or Sri Lanka's teams and since I like rooting for underdogs AND since The Irish I've known have all been great people compared to the cunts that Indians usually are...

I'm going to be supporting Ireland at the game.

SO my question to all you Irish here is, How do I do that? I don't want to just show up in a green shirt. Are there things like CHants or symbols that the Irish team would appreciate? I'm thinking of making a banner. Is there anything I should avoid? THere was a giant Leprechaun dancing at the last game, but I don't want to do anything cliche or offensive. Skeeter mentioned that most Auusies hate how Paul Hogan has come to represent them overseas, so I don't wanna make that kinda mistake.

Or is it a case that all I really need to do is get really drunk?

YOu know, coming so close on the heels of my becoming a fan of Celtic Punk music, this can't be a coincidence. I was destined to be an Ireland supporter at this world cup. Maybe I should check my family tree as well?

For those who don't alreadyknow, On St. Patrick's Day, Ireland knocked highly-rated Pakistan out of the Cricket World Cup in one of the biggest upsets of cricket history.

I have a ticket to one of the second round matches that was supposed to be Pakistan VS India if things had gone according to expectations. Instead it's now going to be IRELAND vs either INdia or Sri Lanka. Now, since I've never particularly liked India or Sri Lanka's teams and since I like rooting for underdogs AND since The Irish I've known have all been great people compared to the cunts that Indians usually are...

I'm going to be supporting Ireland at the game.

SO my question to all you Irish here is, How do I do that? I don't want to just show up in a green shirt. Are there things like CHants or symbols that the Irish team would appreciate? I'm thinking of making a banner. Is there anything I should avoid? THere was a giant Leprechaun dancing at the last game, but I don't want to do anything cliche or offensive. Skeeter mentioned that most Auusies hate how Paul Hogan has come to represent them overseas, so I don't wanna make that kinda mistake.

Or is it a case that all I really need to do is get really drunk?

YOu know, coming so close on the heels of my becoming a fan of Celtic Punk music, this can't be a coincidence. I was destined to be an Ireland supporter at this world cup. Maybe I should check my family tree as well?

What you gotta' do is shout praise fro ian paisley and the unionists. That'll go down well

aww i is sowwy jumbie.

Funny story though, this is totally true.

Megadeth were playing in belfast, and on the way into the stadium dave mustaine met a guy who told him about the nationalists plight in the north.

So half way through the gig 'ol davey shouts out "give ireland back to the irish", needless to say it did'nt go down very well. pandemonium ensued and the band were literally ran out of the city.

anywho jumb a green shirt and a flag would do just fine, no need to go over the top. But if you wanted to get creative maybe on the flag you could put "póg mo thóin". it's "kiss my arse" in irish, it's also where the pogues got their name from.

Wear Green of Somekind and you'll do alright! Bring a flag!

"the Blarney army" are meant to be going down a storm over there.

One thing about irish fans, they travel well!

I was shocked when i heard they'd knocked out Pakistan! Great achievement for them considering the team is made up of part timers!

Archived