Hondo's Bar

ali vs bruce lee

Kee

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just because Ali was good you guys seem to think that everyone else would be a fucking push over.    I don't think much of Bruce at all.   I actually think he's nothing compared to todays martial artists.   Jackie Chan and Samo Hung were both better than him then and still better than what he was now.    But I know bruce would kick Ali's ass.   I'm not saying it would be a sinch.   Bruce would get fucked up in the process but he's come out on top. :plain:

Alright alright we may kinda be "on Ali's dick" recently, as you'd say, but he's just a helluva guy.  So then, why's Bruce gonna take it? I know he's fought boxers/brawlers before, but back it up....sure, he's fuckin fast, but can he really take a cross/hook if Ali catches him?

You don't think he can?  I'd say this if Ali connected it would hurt Bruce.   Then Bruce would take care of business 1 2 3.   Ali's a Boxer.     Bruce is a fighter.   If Bruce got Ali on the ground on top or bottem do you think Ali can have the same power on the ground as he would on his feet?   It's a totally different world on the ground.   And don't forget bruce has more to his arsonal.   Bruce uses his feet too.   Now you've just created a whole world of trouble for Ali.   What would Ali do if Bruce grabbed him or traped him.  Bruce Li was a Wing chun stylist.   And was taught by the inheriting founder Yip Man.  Wing chun is a style that was made for women defending themselves aginst men.    Specifically because women are typically much smaller than men.  And Wing Chung specializes in traping and close quarter fighting Grappling and effective, practicle moves.   For smaller weaker people against a bigger stronger person.  Bruce created a style that was very eclectic.    It included what he thought was very usefull in taking a person down as quickly as possible.   This included boxing, karate, wrestling, LOTS of wing chun, wrestling, jujitsu, judo street fighting and what ever he thought was usful.  In order to do this he had to have some kinda experience in boxing.   Either fought with or learned from boxers.   Bruce wasn't a dumb bastard.   In the movie where he fought Chuck Norris there was an argument between him and Norris on how effective how Norris's foot work would be against Bruce.   They had a little sparing match in which Norris proved to Bruce that Tang Soo Do's (Tai kwan do for those of you who are not too familiar) Kicking techniques are very effective if used right.   Bruce incorperated them in this his new style.  Norris admits to severly underestimating Bruce while Bruce admits to also misjudging Norris.  I wonder what Ali would do in a quick trap.  Or kick to his knee joint.  Or a throw.   Or a hit to his groin.  Or elbow strikes.  Or knee strikes.  Or headbutts.  Or.......  you get the idea.  Have you guys forgotten all this?   I'm not saying that Ali has no experience at all in this area but I think Bruce houses him in this area.   And lets go to just hand to hand (no feet or grabbing and stuff)   Bruce is no novice here either.  Wing Chun especially deals with this.   This is Li's bread and butter along with Ali's.   But we're talking about a "FIGHT" right?  I think if they stuck to just Boxing rules then Bruce is at a disadvantage.  But then this is what Ali does.  Box.   And fighting is what Bruce does.  It's like telling a pro vollyball player, to beat a baseball player at baseball and vise verse.  

So what makes all of you who voted for Ali think that he would actually win against Bruce in a "fight?" and i want proof other than Ali has a big mouth and he says he's the greatest of all time.  Because if you remember he gave himself that title.   In short Bruce is way more eclectic.  

jap%20bljkd2.JPG

I'll just add my cheap little 2 cents to this... Sure, Ali's a great fighter. Greatest boxer that ever lived. But let's think about that for a minute... Boxer.. That means he's only good with his fists. Bruce Lee on the other hand is good with his hands and his feet. Also, generally speaking, Ali is good when he's standing up. Bruce, on the other hand, is good whether he's in the air, standing, crouching, ...Etc. I think now you may get my point. Simply put, do the math. 4 limbs are better than 2.. Well seems to me that Bruce Lee is the better fighter.

:D

Is that the best you can do? Defend your choice with pretty pictures and a cute storyline? C'mon, I thought you were a phosophy major. Can't defend your side with logic, eh? Well I understand... It is hard to logically defend how Ali (Great boxer, but fighting is a different story) could possibly defeat The all time greatest martial artist, who, as it even reveals on his grave that he is the founder of his own school of fighting.

1)You clearly didnt look at the pictures enough.  Go see em again.  Ali = living, Lee = dead.

2) Inventin your own martial art dont mean shit.  Steven Seagle did it, i believe.  While drunk one nite, invented nude flaming wombat style.  I dare you to challenge it.

3) Bruce Lee aint the world's greatest martial artist.  Jackie Chan is.

4) Boxing is cool.

There, is that "philosophical" enough for ya? Why must we all be stereotyped by our majors? :D

Wait i thought Lee died 'cause of an anuerysm; Brandon got shot.

And as for Ali, he's been shot many, many times, he's just that fuckin bad! Why, why must you all be so blind?

ali.jpg

See? that guy tried to shoot him, and see what happened? He's the greatest! He's a pretty man!

PS Fortunately Ali had already crushed the gun in his hand before that picture was taken, so youll just have to go on my word i guess. :D

Um.. errr.. ah.. yeah.. I waz jus checkin up to see if ya knew your Lees. Very good!

Ok, another question. If Ali's so bad,then why haven't there been as many movies about him, then there are about Bruce? Why also are there waaaaayyyyy many more movies about Martial arts, then there are about Boxing?

Easy.

For one...Lee was an actor.  By that, i mean he starred in movies.  Ali was too busy boxin to do much of that.

And i guess martial arts are more interestin, even i used to watch old Shaolin films & such, but i still go for quality over quantity.  Try Raging Bull, Only in America, even the recent Ali was good.  Last good kung fu flick i saw was Kee & Ghost's "Shaolin soccer". That shit was cool.

Cmon, there's way many more songs by boybands out there than the ones ya like, does that make em better?

And besides, at least Ali took the time to have that picture taken after crushin the gun in his bare hands, only minutes before takin down the T-1000 & savin the president.  A fine, fine man he is. :afro:

• 2 weeks later...

First of all you can't reinvent the wheel.   Steven Segal, or however you spell it, did not invent his own martial arts or style for that sake.   Segal is an Aikido master.   He also has degrees in Jujutsu.  I dont' know where you got your info Irish but where ever you did it's bass ackwards.  As far as Lee goes.  Yea he acted in a few movies.   But LEE was a FIGHTER.   Period.

Lee trained to FIGHT.   Not play by rules and such.  Meaning if it came to it he'd bite the man's ear off.   :D

Geez, Nick you are totally disappointing me. First you troll voted the Braveheart/  Gladiator and Whore polls, now you're letting common sense flow throuhg your open fingers.

Kee already said everything I could say on this topic, but his most important points were that Bruce knew how to use his legs. He could go low, sweep Ali and take it to a wrestling match.

And Bruce could take a hit. Name me a good martial artist that cant.

Jumbie - How many fights youve been in again? Not the "abuse myself in a public bathroom" kind.  Wasnt try to disspaoint/impress anyone, just think most people see martial artists as all powerful ninjas.

Got my info from various sources, id cite it if i remebered every damn thing ive ever read.  Hey, Segal's a dick and a half, but the man claims to have invented a martial art - i never said that meant shit to me (did anyone else notice that drunken womabat style i mentioned earlier? I stopped takin this shit really seriously a while back).

All i have for this fight is:

1)90%+ of this board is martial art fans over boxing.  I decided to stand up for my sport.

2)Lee'd most likely win, but we cant very well see the fight take place, can we? Just wanted to give my boy a some credit.

Artistic's right; crackin jokes & talkin shit in Fight Club is no fuckin fun, everyone thinks youre serious.  Yeah, i said it, Ali killed the T-1000 & saved the president, my sources are

www.itsafuckinjoke.com.  And as far as Braveheart/Gladiator nonsense...i cant be blamed for what the actions of the House of Representatives  :D

But you are free to creat..er, enlist your own representatives and ask him to "vote" your way; this is still a democracy ya know.

you aren't free to do shit i monitor the votes and when people lose there fucking minds i step in and say walce wins and bruce lee go down here are the rules i should of mentioned this earlier bruce lee is in a boxing match against ali silly me i knew you'd guys get confused.

Jumbie's bout the only one here cryin.  And the poll's even...you lookin to start somethin? What's wrong with you?

THIS IS FIGHT CLUB! THERE'S NO FIGHTING IN...wait, no that was Dr Strangelove, nevermind.

Anyway, here's my "look its all the same shit" image.  Hope that clarifies my position since the jokes didnt.

same%20shit.jpg

Don't know which way to call it.  No doubt Ali was fast.   Dammit for a guy with Parkinsons he's still fast.  But Bruce was really fuckin' quick, especially with his hands.  I don't know if Bruce could've handled too many power punches by Ali being there a nicely sized advantage in muscle mass (at their peak) in Ali's favor.  On the other hand... take a good look at Enter the Dragon, in the scene where he duels the guy with the beard, that's some incredible hand speed, and yes, on occaision he did connect with that guys face.

Read a story a/b Lee during the shoot of ETD.  Apparently one of the extras who thought he knew something a/b fighting was talking shit a/b Lee not being any big deal & his style was crap... course, the idiot did this while Lee was walking by.  So Lee casually stops production on the set & calls this guy out... proceeds to whoop him something fierce, then helps him off the floor & get's the set back up & rolling.

• 4 years later...