Hondo's Bar

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Is it true they are planning more of these?

Personally i felt the ending

Jack and yer man on the dock and his ship gone, again

Was a bit tacked on, indicating the future holds at least one more swashbuckling cash cow.

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the film, action was great, but felt a bit long and drawn out.

I'll check out that Youtube link later on. Inna meantime though, Jax & Bob have spoken for me. I'm not even sure if I saw Dead man's Chest outside of the cinema(I totally dug it though) and it occurred to me when the opening for AWE rolled 'Oh fuck. I have no idea where anyone's at with this. What happened in 2 again?' But fuck it. No recap, but as Jax stated, this is simply fun. Kudos to RA as well for that analysis. That makes sense & the girls & I were trynna piece that together on the way home. Megan actually asked me if there were more being made, and as far as I'm concerned the answer is no, unless the creative team needs a new Hummer or burn through the teams of coked-up whores they currently serving any given need(which according to Junker'd include writing their movies). Three mutant thumbs up for this one.

• 8 months later...

Well I rewatched Pirates 2 tonight (which was better than I remember) and then went on to part 3. I have now decided that Will and Elizabeth are the two biggest douchebags in the series. Every single one of the pirates, even Sao Feng betrayed less people. I mean they betray everyone they come across (thus robbing them of their heroic qualities) and then whine about it when they get fucked over by the people they turned against earlier. Even when Jack was so treacherous he was out of character in Dead Man's Chest he wasn't as conniving or two-faced as them.

Oh I thoroughly enjoyed and even though I got tired of Elizabeth's "Look at me I'm badass" moments and the swordfight/wedding thing was cheesier than the entirety of Army of Darkness (and not in a good way) I thought all 3 movies were great and Part 2 especially gets too much flack, it started to drag in the last 30 minutes but everything before that was great.

Just saying Will and Elizabeth are dicks.

Archived