Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy XIII

The NZA

M$ has really been throwing it's money at Square Enix's the last few months.

I couldn't give a fuck. I still plan on buying it for the PS3.

TAKE THAT PS3!!!! YOU ALMOST HAD ME, YOU FILTHY BASTARDS. BUT NOW THAT FFXIII IS BEING RELEASED ON THE XBOX, YOU'LL NEVER GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS ON!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

I'm going to say this as nice as I can:

*Ahem* FUCK OFF!!!!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, it's all about Sony and not about SquareEnix. They're a company that wants to be in the black. The online 360 community is more happy that Sony doesn't have exclusivity than they are that they're getting to play a game. Fucking vultures, I swear.

Vaan sucked. I liked Penelo, though I'd admit she didn't add anything to the story.

Oh I admit it is some bit of sweet sweet revenge on the whole Sony killing Sega twice thing. But honestly I think this was a wise business move on Square's part. Getting to play the game is a nice bonus. Though I will likely have my own PS3 by the time this actually does come out.

Vaan was not that bad, as far as main chracters in the post SNES days go, he's pretty damn ok actually. I mean hell at least he wasn't SQUALL.

Oh I admit it is some bit of sweet sweet revenge on the whole Sony killing Sega twice thing. But honestly I think this was a wise business move on Square's part. Getting to play the game is a nice bonus. Though I will likely have my own PS3 by the time this actually does come out.

Vaan was not that bad, as far as main chracters in the post SNES days go, he's pretty damn ok actually. I mean hell at least he wasn't SQUALL.

So your getting it on the PS3 then?

Who's Squall?

I'll be getting in on whatever system will piss you off the most, your agony sustains me.

Honestly I'll likely grab it for whichever one ends up being the best. No way to know which one that will be at this point in time. Likely the versions will be damn near identical and if it comes down to it I'll prolly grab the 360 one. I prefer the controller, achievements as of now are a bit cooler than trophies and um, I want to see Sony suffer SUFFER for what they did to Sega (never mind that Sega did so very much to themselves).

I just love how you act as if you don't have a 360...

as to a previous point:

M$ has really been throwing it's money at Square Enix's the last few months.

There really isn't much evidence of this, yes IU was excusive, but that because MS did the initial funding, SO4 (which looks AMAZING in the latest trailer) is made by Tri-Ace as well, so they likely have an easier time working with a system that they are already familiar with. Last Remnant smells less like a money hat and more like the 360 being a little more robust with the UE3 engine especially when the Japanese documentation of siad engine is notoriously bad.

OTOH I'm sure that MS has been courting the HELL out of S-E and for good reason. They are the premier developer of JRPGs and that was one genre that the Xbox had NONE of last gen. They have done one hell of a turn around this gen in becoming the favored system for that genre, which is even MORE amazing considering how shitty it has done in Japan.

Now if they could somehow get SMT their conquest of the genre would be complete. But I'm not even crazy enough to think that will happen.

I have a 360?

*looks around*

Holy shit!!!! I do have one.

I don't give a shit about exclusive titles anymore. I like having the choice for which system to buy for.

Fuck the achievements and the trophies.

I would hate you for life if you buy it for the PS3.

SMT?

i love that your anti-sony, sega-loving ways were so conflicted when Moore was at the helm, yet now you freely cackle. delicious.

honestly though, FF achievements...well, it would be cool to show off i you actually took the time to defeat the emerald weapon of the game and such.

Ah you're one of those Final Fantasy fans that jumped with VII. I see...

You know what, Baytor? FUCK YOU. You're making asinine assumption after assumption about me and our argument, and you've got a problem with a game I like.

I've never played VII. Never cared to. I "jumped into" the franchise with IX, which had come out right around the time I picked up a Playstation 2, my first Sony console. My first console ever was the nintendo 64, and as you may or may not be aware of, having your head up your own self-important ass and all, no final fantasy games came out for that thing. So fuck you for saying I jumped in at VII, a game I've never played and I'm not cutting my wrists about missing. Not all of us were privileged fucks who had parents who saw fit to buy Nintendos and Super Nintendos and the seventy fucking dollar games that came out for them.

Christ you're annoying. Quit putting words in my mouth and I won't have to punch you.

You know what, Baytor? FUCK YOU. You're making asinine assumption after assumption about me and our argument, and you've got a problem with a game I like.

I've never played VII. Never cared to. I "jumped into" the franchise with IX, which had come out right around the time I picked up a Playstation 2, my first Sony console. My first console ever was the nintendo 64, and as you may or may not be aware of, having your head up your own self-important ass and all, no final fantasy games came out for that thing. So fuck you for saying I jumped in at VII, a game I've never played and I'm not cutting my wrists about missing. Not all of us were privileged fucks who had parents who saw fit to buy Nintendos and Super Nintendos and the seventy fucking dollar games that came out for them.

Christ you're annoying. Quit putting words in my mouth and I won't have to punch you.

:blink: Calm down man, I wasn't aware we were dueling to the death here otherwise I would'a brought a knife too. I don't know when this conversation ventured into seriousness but clearly I missed that turn.

:blink: Calm down man, I wasn't aware we were dueling to the death here otherwise I would'a brought a knife too. I don't know when this conversation ventured into seriousness but clearly I missed that turn.

You want to tell me I'm one of "those people" and then shrug it off, that's not cool. "Those people" piss me right the fuck off. For them, RPGs begin and end with VII. They don't bathe unless it's JENOVA-branded soap and they don't drink anything but FFVII potions. I'm not one of them. Nor did I enter this conversation as one of them. We both know the tards "those people" represent, and if I said the same of you you'd take it as an insult as well. Probably wouldn't react as strongly, but fuck. It's an insult.

I borrowed the V and VI PSX anthology from my GF and tried playing it on my PS2. V froze and was glitchy, it wouldn't play. I never even bothered to try the disk with VI.

And you really are pissing me off. You're hating on a game I enjoyed, you're saying the good characters from the game "don't count" because they weren't playable for long enough, and you're implying I'm keeping you from using similar playtime characters from another game.

Edited by Maldron

He's a M$ whore. In his eyes they can't do no wrong.

Whereas I have friends who insist that Microsoft made HD-DVD to confuse consumers from adopting either format and then corner the HD Download market, and have created the 360 to shove consumers away from the PS3 and then collapse the consoles into PC gaming thus strengthening the Windows platform.

It takes all kinds.

Uh huh, except when I call them out on their bullshit, but keep trying this is fun.

Also I can't figure out if Mal is kidding or not.

About being called "one of them," totally serious. It's a hurtful thing to say.

About the friend who believes Microsoft's agenda with HD-DVD was to forestall an HD hard copy format in favor of digital distribution and the purpose of hte 360 is to return consumers to PC gaming, also serious. I think he's nuts on both counts personally, but I'm just saying that it takes all kinds.

I know people who 360 had RROD 3-4 times and they swear it's still a great system. Same people went out and got the HD add on when it came out. Now the same people were bitching about how the PS3 cost so much but don't want one because of the price but mind you they paid about the same with the add on and they own 3 20gig HD for the 360. I stop talking to them a while back because I got fed up with their fucking fanboy shit.

I may have a 360 but FUCK M$.

I may have a 360 but FUCK M$.

You know every time you use the M$ in a serious way my opinion of you drops. Just sayin :blink:

I'm also completely confused about what you have said, but whatever. You know some idiots, and becuase of them the 360 sucks. I applaud your ability to answer their fanboy shit with their own.

I know people who 360 had RROD 3-4 times and they swear it's still a great system. Same people went out and got the HD add on when it came out.

Well, technically the RROD doesn't mean it's not a gret gaming system, it's just a damn poorly made one. If you like the games and want to keep playing them, your options are rather limited. Also, re you saying that these people got the 'core' system, because if they did, why are you even bothering talking to them (Oh wait, Panch got a core didn't he....)?

Now the same people were bitching about how the PS3 cost so much but don't want one because of the price but mind you they paid about the same with the add on and they own 3 20gig HD for the 360.

Why would these mythical idiots own 3 20 gig hard drives? I am highly confused about this, there is no REASON to own 3 20 gig hard drives. I'd respond more to this but, it makes no sense at all and I feel that either you are mistaken in what they have, you are talking about people in an insane asylum, or I am misreading your post.

I stop talking to them a while back because I got fed up with their fucking fanboy shit.

because of their fanboy shit? Or because they didn't want to listen to yours?

If you want to hate on MS, fine. They aren't anywhere near perfect, their peripherals are overpriced, they are taking FAR too long to drop their price, their first party studios need to expand, and they charge for online. Not to mention they had a HUGE run of systems that had major quality control issues that are a major concern for people.

But to hate on the system because some other people like it? That's really fucking silly, and I kinda expected more out of you.

About being called "one of them," totally serious. It's a hurtful thing to say.

I never realized that being called an FF7 fanboy was fighting words. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Edited by bishopcruz

You want to tell me I'm one of "those people" and then shrug it off, that's not cool. "Those people" piss me right the fuck off. For them, RPGs begin and end with VII. They don't bathe unless it's JENOVA-branded soap and they don't drink anything but FFVII potions. I'm not one of them. Nor did I enter this conversation as one of them. We both know the tards "those people" represent, and if I said the same of you you'd take it as an insult as well. Probably wouldn't react as strongly, but fuck. It's an insult.

I borrowed the V and VI PSX anthology from my GF and tried playing it on my PS2. V froze and was glitchy, it wouldn't play. I never even bothered to try the disk with VI.

And you really are pissing me off. You're hating on a game I enjoyed, you're saying the good characters from the game "don't count" because they weren't playable for long enough, and you're implying I'm keeping you from using similar playtime characters from another game.

Okay, I reiterate, calm down. I apparently should have knocked on on of these :blink: at the end of that post, Christ. I thought you were being so serious from the beginning on this as a play at being tongue-in-cheek, I didn't know you were out for blood from the beginning here, good lord.

I'm saying they weren't main characters, you got hardly got any play time with them and the ones you were saddled with for most of the game were at best mildly interesting and at worst annoying as all fucking hell, while the good ones like Seifer who you got for maybe 10 minutes took the back seat for most of the game, remember that thing you said about different people having different opinions while you were chastising me for liking a webcomic?

That and I swore you were the one who was touting Cloud in that other thread on here, apparently I was wrong and I'm sorry. But you can pull the claws in, really, no harm intended, I swear.

Edited by Iambaytor

Okay, I reiterate, calm down. I apparently should have knocked on on of these :blink: at the end of that post, Christ. I thought you were being so serious from the beginning on this as a play at being tongue-in-cheek, I didn't know you were out for blood from the beginning here, good lord.

I'm saying they weren't main characters, you got hardly got any play time with them and the ones you were saddled with for most of the game were at best mildly interesting and at worst annoying as all fucking hell, while the good ones like Seifer who you got for maybe 10 minutes took the back seat for most of the game, remember that thing you said about different people having different opinions while you were chastising me for liking a webcomic?

That and I swore you were the one who was touting Cloud in that other thread on here, apparently I was wrong and I'm sorry. But you can pull the claws in, really, no harm intended, I swear.

It was more for defending Tim as being "over scrutinized" and claiming that his eccentricities and his foibles are shared by many, and as such he shouldn't be held out as an example, even considering he is the most famous of the douchebag unoriginal gaming webcomic artists out there. Which read as saying "yeah, he's an ass, but so what? Other people are assholes too. So for the love of pete, stop calling him an ass." That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, but I don't respect the position for a second.

They were main characters. One was Squall's father, for pete's sake, and the three of them helped pave the way for the destruction of Ultimecia. They were important, pivotal characters to the workings of the world. And they were playable. Why in hell wouldn't they count? Seriously. As far as it being tongue in cheek - yeah, a few of those :sarcasm:s would help. Text rarely reads as anything but serious without the emotion written in. I wouldn't have flown off the handle that much had you been tongue in cheek about it. I still would've chastised you - I fucking hate those VII tards.

Seriously. Spend half your day full of the non-bathing people who play Yu-Gi-Oh while blaring The One Winged Angel's original score on speakers off a compact disk player, and then imagine it repeated ad infinitum. Or just imagine it then imagine it repeating ad infinitum. Drives you mad. Last thing I want anybody thinking about me is that I'm anything like any of them.

Estuans Interis Ira Vehementi...

I shouldn't know that, considering I never played the game.

Edited by Maldron

They claim the 3 20gigs HD were just in case anything happened to the save game files. Never mind the fact that for less then a hundred bucks you can buy a 320gig HD that you hook up to the 360. The two of them were never good with money.

Think Tim but only worst.

As for the fanboy shit.

Try talking to people who act like the Xbox and the 360 were the only gaming counsels ever made.

I'm talking to someone about Personal 3 when one of them said "I'll only play that game if it were on the 360" I just got fed up with all that shit.

You and I can talk for hours about gaming no matter what system we're talking about. We'll take little cheap shot at each other but we are talking games across every system ever made and we'll have fun doing it. We do it all the time at Nicks.

I don't hate the 360 (I do have 25-30 game) I just think MS had alot missteps that really kept the system from being a bigger seller. 20+ mill is a great number and could do better but like you said

their peripherals are overpriced, they are taking FAR too long to drop their price, their first party studios need to expand, and they charge for online. Not to mention they had a HUGE run of systems that had major quality control issues that are a major concern for people.

It was more for defending Tim as being "over scrutinized" and claiming that his eccentricities and his foibles are shared by many, and as such he shouldn't be held out as an example, even considering he is the most famous of the douchebag unoriginal gaming webcomic artists out there. Which read as saying "yeah, he's an ass, but so what? Other people are assholes too. So for the love of pete, stop calling him an ass." That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, but I don't respect the position for a second.

They were main characters. One was Squall's father, for pete's sake, and the three of them helped pave the way for the destruction of Ultimecia. They were important, pivotal characters to the workings of the world. And they were playable. Why in hell wouldn't they count? Seriously. As far as it being tongue in cheek - yeah, a few of those :sarcasm:s would help. Text rarely reads as anything but serious without the emotion written in. I wouldn't have flown off the handle that much had you been tongue in cheek about it. I still would've chastised you - I fucking hate those VII tards.

Seriously. Spend half your day full of the non-bathing people who play Yu-Gi-Oh while blaring The One Winged Angel's original score on speakers off a compact disk player, and then imagine it repeated ad infinitum. Or just imagine it then imagine it repeating ad infinitum. Drives you mad. Last thing I want anybody thinking about me is that I'm anything like any of them.

Estuans Interis Ira Vehementi...

I shouldn't know that, considering I never played the game.

Yeah I was really just going for more of a "If it's still okay to like Thriller after Michael Jackson hangs a baby out a window I think it's okay for me to like Ctrl-Alt-Del despite the fact that Tim Buckley's an arrogant prick" Jax did a far better example of presenting the exact same point, read his post.

And I'm not trying to say there weren't important OR pivotal, what I mean is you get releatively little play-time with them kind of like Seymour in Final Fantasy, he was an important character but not one of the main protagonists and was playable for a brief portion of time, the series has always had characters like these (in the case of Final Fantasy 4 with the exception of Rosa, Cain, Cecil, Edge, and Rydia they were all like that) so I meant of the main protagonists (Squall, Zell, Selphie, Irvine, Quistis, and Rinoa) Quistis and Irvine were probably the two most intersting of the bunch while secondary playable characters like Edea, Seifer, Laguna, and well pretty much everybody except the guy with the anchor were more interesting. The characters they wanted us to pay the most attention to were the weakest character-wise.

And trust me, you're not the only one, I keep trying to point out to them that their ultra badass Sephiroth was an ultra pansy and reminding them that at least 3 villains with an affinity for make-up and womens' clothing (That's Kefka, Seymour, and Kuja for those keeping score) have out-eviled him at every corner. I wouldn't have used it as an insult (fake or otherwise) if I actually thought you were one.