Hondo's Bar

World War Hulk

The NZA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate pretty much everything set in space. When Grant Morrison took the X-Men into space, I tried...I really tried, but I couldn't get into it.

I peeped out some planet hulk. Either way they did a little recap at the start of the issue. I'll read on but I'm not too psyched about this one.

First issue was awesome! They really get right to it! I'm looking forward to some deaths! On another note... I've been reading the new Nova series (I always like Nova, ask Nick) and I pretty much think that all these things happening on Earth don't amount to shit compared to Annihilation (I never read it by the way)! I mean Nova comes back to Earth (after saving the universe) and Tony Stark gives him 24 hours to "think over" the registration! Nova's like... "Dude, do you realize the that universe was nearly destroyed all while you been fuckin' around over here with your "Civil War"? I was in a REAL war, man! Can't a nigga gets some rest?" Tony then said something along the lines of... "Oh yeah, I heard about something like that going on in space... anyways, you gonna register or what?"! After being attacked by the Thunderbolts, Nova said fuck it and flew away! Going back to my original thought... Man, I'm REALLY looking forward to Hulk eating Stark's heart and shitting it back into his chest!

Shit, im torn. I think i might be missing out by not having read "Annihilation" but i strangely share 2T's feelings on going into space, especially when we stay there too long...ugh.

Just read # 1, and man, shit's moving old-school-Marvel fast! Too much of the Black Bolt fight was off-panel, but im psyched to see the next issue...i guess Stark survived the Ultron thing, eh??

this continuity has to be killing panch (see: WTF was She-Hulk doing there helping Samson? does no one read The Hulk's main book now?), but at the speed this is giong - fuck, we evacuated manhattan in one issue, and 2 big fights!0 i just dont know how far & wide they can drag this event out. how is Hulk & his warbound fighting like everyone in the Marvel U at the same time in differnet issues?! i appreciate that they split up to do damage but Hulk's on like 3/4 of the covers!

At least its only 4 parts, cause i think a lotta folks are weary post-civil war and a fun, summer beat-em-up like this might be great.

what's everyone's expectations for the end?

1) re-united (and it feels so good) Avengers?

2) Sentry leaves earth?

3) The Inhumans uh, have to do something?

4) Hulk's had a year of justification for this, but he's marked as "villian" now. Theyre looking to kill him this time...you think banner just wanders off to south america in the end, or...?

WWH is a 5 parter and at the pase they're going that'll be just fine! I think that what happens at the end of New Avengers (can't remember the number now... with Electra ending) is gonna be next on the list of events! Oh that Bendis!

Man, its moving at the old-school breakneck speed that panch loves...this series, its just gonna be fun.

also, panch might be right about that New Avengers ending....if it ties into the first issue of the illuminati mini, Newt called it.

• 1 month later...

This is getting silly. Dr. Strange could make Hulk cease to exist with the blink of an eye. This whole nonsense of him having to go ape shit is absurd and over the top.

Dear Marvel,

Stop making God Like Characters and you wont run into this wall. People tend to like the less powerful toons, like Spidey, than the godlike ones like Sentry.

Hugs and Kisses,

Arch

So far I'm liking the X-over. I like the Warbound. WWH: Frontline is tops with the police procedural angle.

WWH: Xmen is 2 issues of crap so far though. Mindless fighting with no context.

As for how this all comes out in the end, I really hope some Galactus-like sumbitch doesn't show up and make everyone 'unite against the alien threat' cuz that's a lame cop-out.

Archived