Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ World of Warcraft

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...
A wow user's password is changed unbeknownst to him, hilarity (and a slight overreaction ensues)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/betamax.swf?item_id=3421&fullscreen=1"'>http://www.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/betamax.swf?item_id=3421&fullscreen=1" width="640" height="360"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/betamax.swf?item_id=3421&fullscreen=1" /> </object><div style='padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:640px;'>See more funny videos and TBT Videos at Today's Big Thing.</div>

"FUCKING BLIZZARDDDDD!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
so, uh...not sure how many of you use the WoW forums, but how do you guys feel about them now displaying your real name on your posts? caused quite an uproar in the community, it seems...dont get me wrong, you couldn't pay me to mod there, but this can't be a great idea.

one female's take on it.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Seems I was wrong about him defending this. Sorry

Edited by Newtype

the realid thing is bullshit and if they take the way they seem to want to(ie you'd use it for everything, starcraft mulitplayer, all wow no just friends, d3) then fuck blizzard, I'm done with them, it should be something you can choose to do or just use an whatever name you want... shit there are so many way to abuse this is itsn't funny and it's only going to get worse.

BTW fun fact, there's a scrpit that addons can run so people can get your realid without being friends.. fucking scary huh.

Also after reading and talking to some HR guys at big compnies I'm going to take down my facebook page and set my twitter to private, the shit that gets people from getting jobs isn't funny(and yes it's not always legal but your fucked either way) and finding out your a big time gamer does not get you jobs, I've spent my life keeping my gaming life and my professional and family life separte for the most part, the people who know I game are my close friends pretty much and I plan to keep it that way.

Edited by gunsmithx

gun - that script thing is indeed scary.

as an aside, why take down your facebook page? ive got mine set so strangers can see my name & pic, not much else (seems to display a few of the things i like, that's about it). they seem to've set up more privacy options, i just noticed i can remove myself entirely from the search menu...out of curiosity, what specifically do you find invasive there?

this is win.

Also I have seen way to many people found over the last couple of days with just a name and google search and I mean names, family, work, address, phone numbers... I forget how easy it is to be found on the interwebs. Also I don't facebook much :P

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as conversation threading, the ability to rate posts up or down, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters, ( http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html ) and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime

CEO & Cofounder

Blizzard Entertainment

• 1 month later...

I may when Cata comes out. Whenever huge content like that is released, it's always a very special time to be playing. Plus I love being disproportionately tiny. Gnomes were the only appeal Alliance ever had for me, looking forward to playing a Goblin.

I predict that I grow bored with it within 4 weeks, but that's enough for me to warrant a purchase.

and HEY! Since I assume all us cool kids are going to be starting from scratch, we should totally arrange to roll on the same server. I still want to do that all goblin guild. Racism is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't do that while stunned

You are dead

You have died

Release spirit?