Hondo's Bar

Fallout 3

IguanaDon?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, never had a PC so this'll be my first foray. At least with an imported 360 now I can get games like this on release(sure not instore same day...) but worries about cencorship, delayed AU release, and collector's edition content and such are for poorer men.

skeet speaks the truth.

panch's family, rich off of amway winnings, was the only one that could afford a proper PC in the day, hence my experience with Monkey Island and hatred for Myst. that's it. i didnt get a truly functional PC myself till uh, '98? '99? and by then, playstation was owning. so yeah, missed the boat!

Yeah but, us poor white kids(baytor nonwithstanding) couldn't afford your fahncy computers, so unless they were gonna release games like System shock & Fallout on NES or Colecovision, we weren't gonna get it.

I couldn't afford it either, I just befriended rich fuckers and played theirs. When we got a computer good enough to play StarCraft in 2003 it was like the most exciting fucking day of my life.

Edited by Iambaytor

Same here that Baytor. I had a PC, but it was quite lame :P I played Fallout 1 and 2 in a friends computer. I played starcraft in my new one and became adicted. Just like Ethan, I used to woke up earlier a couple of days in the week just to play Starcraft and then start my day.

It's threads like this that make me regret leaving my games at home...When you feel the urge for Fallout there are no compromises. :gross: Still, the release date draws nearer and I'm planning on buying a game for the first time in far too long...better start saving now...

I'd say everyone should play them before the third just because they're amazing games, but I played Fallout 2 before 1 without any reservations about the storyline.

Seriously, everyone who has the ability to post on this thread can play fallout 1 and 2, heck, even a mac or linux box should be able to play this thing virtualized, it's that fucking old.

Here's a torrent, considering I don't think the game is easily found anymore.

This, and its sequel were some of the best RPGs EVER. The level of freedom and story are still to this day unsurpassed (except for maybe Torment), and the world was amazing. There are so many ways to play through fallout, and they pretty much all rock.

• 2 months later...

GTAIV, Manhunt on the Wii, Trauma Centre, these are all things I could take. This is absolute bullshit though. Since I only bought a second hand 360 that redrings every third time I turn it on I'm gonna need to look at a brand-new NTSC(although F3 being region-free'd be preferable) possibly Elite this time. I really gotta get more proactive with this shit, petitioning for an R18+ rating in Australia.

that shit has got to be upsetting. so the US one you got RROD's on you? if you're really looking at buying a new one, hold off a bit; by all accounts we've a price cut coming, hopefully the elite feels it too, but honestly, if the rumors of a 60GB system are true, you could get that for like $300 and since its got HDMI im not sure why there's any need for an elite at that point.

of course, the PS3 is region-free right now, for all games.

Yeah but, and this is yet another testament to the horror that is my country, we don't have the 60G backward-compatible units you guys do anymore. the damned things are a golden goose on Ebay AU, can be had on Ebay US at a cost, but can't help but think a PS3 couldn't handle the same journey a 360 could. ANd trust me, I'll be holding off til the last possible minute to buy yet another 360, since I'll probably end up importing RB2 as well, knowing me for the consumer whore I am.

At Microsoft's 2008 E3 press conference this morning, Bethesda announced that the eagerly anticipated next chapter in the Fallout series will feature extensive downloadable content that is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. No details on what the DLC will entail, but according to Bethesda's Todd Howard it will be "substantial."

I find myself not caring.

Still getting it for the PS3.

See I don't mean to hurt you but statements like that seem petty and diminish you in my eyes. :P

One of these days … one of these days … POW, right in the kisser!

I'll remember those works when we're hanging out at Marvel island.

see, that's cool, and i did reserve the 360 one cause honestly, bethsada (sp?) does great ports - some argue PS3's oblivion was sharper - but it does take a bit, and knowing the 360's usually easier off the bat, i went with that.

but not 'cause of DLC. i mean, that really depends on the game, for me. Everything i hear about this one, itll likely be grand. but will i personally go back and do the extra shit? it sounds open-ended enough to get lost forever. I still gotta go back & do the Mass Effect DLC i bought. Im kinda wondering if the GTA IV stuff will take off when its out, but personally...i learned my lesson with Oblivion. if i cant finish the game proper, this stuff's a cool extra that wont do much for me.