Hondo's Bar

Fallout 3

IguanaDon?

Current Cap's

twenty

. I tag it because finding that out kinda spoiled the gameplay for me(knowing I couldn't just go up and up), and yeah I capped out because christ knows I'd wander and grinder forever if I could... When I fould the ceiling I just hurried up and finished, figuring the 20+ quests I didn't finish I can do on my next playthrough.

I guess in that fashion, this beats the shit out of Oblivion, where I have the one playthrough, an insurmountable list of unfinished business and with the sky being the limit, no real inclination to continue more than the 'one day...' mentality. This capping creates a lotta replay value.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So the first DLC, Operation: Anchorage drops 27/01/09. Can't wait. Is anyone aware of increased level caps at this point?

Oop! Just saw on Kotaku that Broken Steel(the BOS mission pack) will bring an increase to lvl 30. Really? I was hoping it'd be more incremental, like 5 levels per DLC pack or something. Surely this is gonna affect sales on Opertaion Anchorage & The Pitt(unless they're well aware that the first two packs are interesting enough to warrant purchase whereas anything with the BOS, they really need to pack in incentives because they're the laggiest part of the whole friggin' game).

Edited by Skeeter

you lost me at the end there, about lag.

having opted for the ps3 LE, im totally missing out on these. i demand impressions/reviews on them, and then to play them at bish's. you know a game is fucking impressive when i actually find myself missing the capital wasteland & repetitive GNR songs.

Exactly. Why do you think I gave you shit about taking the cheater's option. I'm on my second playthrough and am having the time of my life. All's I'm saying about lag is, in the story, The parts involving BOS are boring and the only parts I just wanted to plough right through 'cause I wasn't having fun. Mostly those cunts are all 'move along citizen' & 'this location is secure'. Faggots. I'da liked to spend some more time with the Enclave(as dislikeable as they are, I still love the Mcdowell-bot) 'cause at least they have an interesting take on things.

At the risk of sounding like an achievement whore, I do so hope the DLC comes with new achievements, if only as an arbitrary reward in addition to wonderful gameplay. As it is I have new perks & weapons to look forward to(plus the creators have said these weapons will appear in the normal run of the game as well).

wait, what cheating option did i take? i only regret wasting a perk on the "here & now".

and i cant imagine the DLC not bringing achievements, man - Oblivion and many others like it did, Bioshock's PS3 DLC even brings trophies. no fears there.

i liked the BOS but youre right that past wandering around their base, there wasnt much to them past the abandoned ones. i understand previous fallouts fleshed them out more? and its funny, after meeting the president, i ended up listening to enclave radio more, kinda see what you mean. their take was fun.

They're just the guys who looked at the rubble and said, 'well I'm the president now.'. And regarding your playthrough, getting your platinum by recalling from a fucktonne of saves at strategic points? I guess it's less cheating so much as just dicking yourself out of continued playability.

true, true. but my pride was racing with maldron's offlineability at the moment, and im looking to replay down the road, its why i bought the LE. again, this had me sad about the lack of DLC, but i really think i should put that energy towards either fallout 2 finally or another go at Oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

biggity-bam

custom_1232894043264_fallout3_01_01.jpg

Eagle-eyed readers Andrew D. Larry B. and Captain McNinja spotted four new achievements for Fallout 3, worth 100 gamerscore, up on their Xbox profiles. I guess this needs a spoiler alert. So, there it is.

The achievements are "Aiding the Outcasts," "The Guns of Anchorage," "Paving the Way" and "Operation Anchorage." Of course, we knew about "Operation Anchorage" already. Guess these are the three missions of the DLC pack that hits Tuesday for 800 Microsoft Points, and then the big 40 point achievement is given out if you finish the new quest entirely. Word is the download pack will provide about 3 to 4 more hours of gameplay.

ill find out about the level cap soon man.

I read about the level cap on Kotaku. I linked it to here even i think. goes up to level 30 with Broken Steel. Just doesn't make sense to add perks with each mission without levels(getting perks in-game feels even cheaper than getting them with every level).