Hondo's Bar

Fallout 3

IguanaDon?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrapping it up right now. there;s designated health refills for one thing, no stimpacks and whatnot. Secondly for a stealth emphasis(and I have pretty decent stealth stats) it's really just more run & gun, plus these guys are hard motherfuckers to kill. My guess is it's made for folks who've topped out their characters, my guy's lvl 14 cause I'm on my evil campaign. The squad you're given to command are as useful as tits on a bull, it feels like they're trying to give us a Solid Snake experience, but with terribly broken stealth.

The Gauss Rifle just shoots pure win though. Win & Microfusion Cells.

Chinese Stealth armor makes the DLC worth the price of admission imo.

It's basically a 20 lb unlimited Stealth Boy. If you're crouched, you're cloaked.

The Gauss Rifle does, like Dylon, spit-hot-fire. I've actually found myself not using V.A.T.'s with it and just picking off people as soon as I can see them. Gorgeous.

My reaction the 1st time I encountered a Deathclaw:

Hey what's that thing? Oh I think it sees me, no big deal it's like 4 city blocks awaAAAAAH! SHIT! OH GOD OH FUCK get OFF me GAAAH!

That's how I felt about 'the glowing ones' i shrieked and lept away from my t.v. handed, threw the controller at my husband and screamed,

"kill it! kill! bevfbc !!! omg!"

He wished he had it on video.

Of course I hate zombies anyways....fucking things are creepy.

Found the alien gun last night. suh-weet.

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

• 1 month later...

Fallout DLC The Pitt comes out in less than 24 hours. I'm chompin' at the bit.

In this DLC pack, the player will journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. In contrast to Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt will involve a more traditional questline with several morally-ambiguous choices. The main quest involves the player taking on the role of a slave in order to investigate rumors that the Raider boss of The Pitt has discovered a cure for mutations.[

When The Pitt first loads, the player will be informed of a new radio distress signal from a runaway slave called Werhner, who informs the Lone Wanderer that he needs help in retrieving a cure for mutations developed by The Pitt's raider boss, Ashur.[5] In order to successfully reach Ashur however, the PC will have to give up their gear temporarily. The PC will then familiarize themselves with the new weapon, the AutoAxe, and compete in a fighting arena, aptly titled The Pitt. The Pitt will be accessed through an underground railroad, and will be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland The town itself consists of a large "dungeon" area, an abandoned steel yard, and a settlement which is divided into two districts: Downtown, inhabited by slaves, and Haven, occupied by their masters. The Pitt will have unique vendors.

1237891875.jpg

The Auto Axe and Red Raider Armor

In addition, there are several new perks and achievements.

I'm so happy I have off Tuesday, my day is now booked solid.

Pitt update: As of today, it is a failure of epic proportions. It was released at 4am and I got it. Went to The Pitt, about 10 minutes in and you are to go through a door into a Downtown Area. It froze. I was tired, so I said "fuckit" and went to bed. Tried again today, it froze. Same spot. Tried it on another profile. Froze.

I get online and search around, and it turns out NO ONE has been able to play it. Apparently the version that went up is corrupt and has been removed. A new version will be out next week.

How can this get past them? I haven't seen a single person who was able to play it for more than 10 minutes. Absolutely unforgivable offense from a developer I have a lot of respect for.

/dissapointed

Yeah, I DL'ed this last night as soon as it appeared on OZ Live, but oddly I didn't get the hailing frequency to open the mission, so maybe I needed to restart or some BS. After reading about all the issues this morning then I guess it's a good thing I didn't get in(or try). Still on my second playthrough & finding new missions all the time. Completed Oasis last night, was a lotta fun. Right now just wandering around filling in the empty spaces on the map & completing quests and/or killing folks as I see 'em. Kinda like a homicidal Kane.

Word from Bethesda's Twitter is that it'll be out tomorrow.

Good news, I just hope permanent damage hasn't been done to my files. Last time I loaded it up, it seemed as if The Pitt had eaten my radio. All the stations where blacked out and all I got was silence, and this was in the DC wasteland.

Any DLC or shit you purchase off live can be redownloaded, so worst case scenario(& prolly what Bethesda will tell those of us who picked it up early), we'll need to delete it off the harddrive & redownload it. god fucking damnit I was looking forward to playing this tonight.

ARG!!! I'm still playing the original game (i don't have much time to play which doesn't help matters) and still haven't touched Alaska. Still, i LOVE the fact that they are making new map. I'll play this forever if i have to.

Just a suggestion but go ahead and knock out Operation: Anchorage first. Once you're done you're done. I don't know if you can go back and redo it after you've finished but it wraps itself up nicely and you get a lot of good gear and xp that will help you with the main game. Nothing in the main game will be ruined by doin O:A first but I think O:A will lose quite a lot if you go and do it right before the end of the game.

Yeah, I personally didn't like Anchorage because despite it being a War simulation, it puts a lot of emphasis on stealth that falls on it's arse. You simply CANNOT miss out on Chinese Stealth Armour & the Gauss Rifle though. That shit's like Hotdog Hands Vs the mighty opposable thumbs. The Pitt looks like a truer expansion on the Fallout experience & I can't wait to play. Anchorage tried too hard to be MGS.

Yeah, I personally didn't like Anchorage because despite it being a War simulation, it puts a lot of emphasis on stealth that falls on it's arse. You simply CANNOT miss out on Chinese Stealth Armour & the Gauss Rifle though. That shit's like Hotdog Hands Vs the mighty opposable thumbs. The Pitt looks like a truer expansion on the Fallout experience & I can't wait to play. Anchorage tried too hard to be MGS.

The Gauss Rifle is the coolest shit since I cleared my first room with a BFG. I was in Megaton and I was at the entrance to the city and way across the city Colin Moriarty was standing outside of the bar by the railing. I popped up VATS and had like a 5% chance to hit him and just went ahead and fired off a shot. Everything went slow-mo and when my shot hit him in the chest he went FLYING back into the door like I had just hit him point blank with a shotgun. That was one of the highlights of the game for me, it was just soooo fucking cool looking and no other gun coulda done it.

Just finished raping The Pitt (except for the horseshit metal collect-a-thon. I've found 67/100). All in all I'm happy with it. There is no comparison with Op:Anchorage, which is pretty much a one time deal with a bag of loot at the end. The Pitt adds an entire new area and some morally ambiguous choices (the kind I love Fallout for), in addition to some snazzy new equipment.

The Infiltrator is essentially a scoped, super accurate assault rifle. Uses 556mm ammo and has a 24 shot clip. The Metal Blaster is a plasma rifle which fires in a circular shotgun-esque spread and uses microfusion cells, at moderately close range things just disintegrate.

The Auto-Axe, predictably, is the star of the show for me. There's a custom one called the "Man Opener" that makes me wet, it works like a chain saw; hold the trigger, get close, enemies get dismembered.

There are prob'ly about a dozen variations of raider armor and some new metal armor, all of which is decent but none of which deserves to be specifically named.

The new enemies (Troggs) seem custom built to be Auto Axe fodder, their deaths are often quick and bloody and they only pose a threat in great numbers. And what's better than being surrounded by armorless incredibly weak enemies? It's a godamn meat party (and not the good kind).

There are still 4 more rewards I've yet to unlock with the metal collecting nonsense, you get something unique for every 10 you get, but I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. This means I'm not gonna have 100% of the achievements in Fallout anymore...goddamn it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see that vid from work here, But I'll go one better: For a mate's game-themed birthday party end of April I'm putting together a vault suit. Hard part is gonna be the Pipboy 3000(was looking at a styrofoam cast coated in acrylic til I realised the foam'd melt), but the plan is if I can sort out the cast, I'ma mount my PSP into it with GNR & the whatchicallit, Malcolm McDowall station on there in MP3 format. My Pipboy theme on it kicks so much arse.

• 2 weeks later...