Hondo's Bar

Fallout 3

IguanaDon?

http://www.talkingaboutgames.com/news/inte...ut-broken-steel

First off, what more can you tell us about Broken Steel's storyline?

JG: We’re keeping the storyline under wraps – but it will let players continue on past the conclusion of the main quest we shipped with Fallout 3. While the Enclave have been weakened, they are far from dead and the Brotherhood of Steel wish to execute the killing blow.

Because you are being pressed into continued service with the Brotherhood, what sort of moral choices will players now face?

JG: Again, not to spoil the storyline, but just because you work for a faction doesn’t necessarily mean you have their best interests at heart.

Why require players to finish the main story to access this piece of DLC? Why not set it up via radio transmission again?

JG: Despite having to finish the main quest in order to access the storyline of Broken Steel (it would make no sense if you didn’t!) you can still access almost all of the new weaponry, armor, enemies, 10 new levels, and all of the perks that come with it from a fresh save if you so desire.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ten new levels... I still haven't given the Pitt a proper go, but once this little piece of history is on my harddrive & I can progress some more, I'll prolly proceed.

A friend told me May 5th for this, is that right?

ten new levels... I still haven't given the Pitt a proper go, but once this little piece of history is on my harddrive & I can progress some more, I'll prolly proceed.

A friend told me May 5th for this, is that right?

Your friend is correct. however with the last DL being a major pain in the arse, I wouldn't take the day off or anything.

• 1 month later...

Fuck Windows Live and it's DLC bullshit. I finally broke down and simply went to Gamestop and got the Anchorage and Pit expansions, there is suppose to be another dual set coming out with Broken Steel and one other before then new Vegas game.

• 1 month later...

Run awaaaaaay

Somehow you've just resparked my love for that game, but moreso the mindless wandering, killing and talking to strangers than this linear DLC bullshit. I think that's why I took such a violent reaction to it.

I've been running around the wasteland grabbing everything. Even took out a few mutants and stole their weapons. I just found a spot where I'm being shot at with a fatboy. Needless to say I'm going to try and kill the guy an grab it.

I'm having a blast, but I'm going to have to wait until Gamestop gets the final expansions before I can get everything. Also I've waited until level 18 to go to Canterbury Commons and I'm having a hard time keeping the stupid Caravans alive and now that I'm using Games for Windows Live I can't resurrect them with the console.

• 8 months later...

So I've just finished Mothership Zeta, employed some dodgy tricks to get all of the followers (except Fawkes, who has decided to disappear for reasons unexplained, if I don't find him soon I'm just going to assume he ran off to World of WarCraft, put on a viking helmet, and pretended to be an orc) I'm level 30, all may stats are at 100 through a combination of legit means, books, and a glitch involving the Big Guns booklet. My SPECIAL skills are all 10 except for Luck and Endurance which will be fixed once I've got the bobbleheads for them. I have the special versions of every gun worth having (Including the Experimental MERV which is essentially the easiest way to say "fuck you" to anything in the wasteland). Running around with Charon and Lincoln's Rifle made me feel like the ultimate badass for a while, but after you kill a Deathclaw with the Mauler (the best version of the Auto Axe and the reason that collecting steel ingots is worth the trouble) you feel like you can conquer the fucking wasteland. And I pretty much can.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm in the process of modding the shit out of Fallout in preparation for another playthrough.

I'm using:

Mart's Mutant Mod - Adds a ton of new creatures, including some from previous Fallout games, some new weapons and abilities ("eyes of the ghoul" gives you nightvision). It also ramps up their AI, they'll hunt each other and loot corpses for better weapons, and randomizes their size, so you might run up against a 30 ft. tall Rad Scorpion.

FOOK (Fallout Overhaul Kit) - Adds 150 new weapons, 50 articles of clothing a a bunch of improved textures.

Messing with some others. There's several graphical ones that improve animations and textures, there's one that gets rid of the smog and replaces it with bright, gorgeous sunshine that looks promising. I don't want to run too many at the same time, problems arise. I'm gonna screw with these for a bit first.

both sound awesome -bishopcruz mentioned some FOV ones, including one that smoothened out the HUD? also, a weather pack that'd randomly rain, which i thought sounded interesting.

gonna be looking into modding the shit out of NV soon myself.

I think I saw the weather one he was talking about. Looks very cool. Adds acid rain and energy storms and shit.

Enjoying the mutant mod a lot. Just to fuck around, I jacked up the spawn rate. I was fighting a super mutant the size of a small building at a distance, when it was suddenly overrun by a pack of no less that 30 assorted feral ghouls, who brought him down.

I was too busy being in awe of the awesome that just occurred in front of my eyes and didn't notice that some of the ones I was taking down weren't staying down until I was overrun and had to flee, dropping grenades in my wake.

Apparently I had enabled some option that makes ghouls keep coming unless you shoot them in the head or the legs.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, Feagus Urqhart was talking about how he wanted Obsidion to do a side-quel/sequel to New Vegas taking place in Los Angeles but said they couldn't really move forward until Bethesda figured out what they wanted to do with Fallout 4 (as far as technology/current or next-gen consoles go) all I know is they better go PS4 and port in all the DLC this time because it's going to break my heart if I have to buy an Xbox One.