Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Wikibar

The NZA

and in the right category, no less! fine work, im inspired. im leaving the obvious hot costenr, kake, lens flare etc entries to other parties, but ill try to work on the "greatest hits" area sometime soon, just wondering if i should bother summarizing, quote, or simply link to the thread in mind.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, its starting to take shape - i envision most key members getting their own satirical entry (w/quotes) at some point, as well as the inside joke section being fleshed out, but for now, im greatful for what we got, good work everyone.

Topics requiring a wiki, at some point:

• Pythagoras
  • H.C.
  • Werewolf game (link to the rules?)
  • Zombie King
  • Drunken Deities
  • Hondo's Hisotry (bits from the FAQ, etc)
  • Lens Flare
  • The Great Drunken Crash of '04
  • Annual Hondo's Awards/Hondies
  • Communists for Sexy Justice
  • Hondo's Civil War (can link back here)
  • Hondo's Webcomic
  • userbars? i dunno.

etc. anyone with thier site/blog in our links page, theyre welcome to make an entry to, i figure. Get crackin'!

MH is on its way, madman really needs an entry? and that other one....youre not even lookin'. :love:

Trolls (the concept, not individuals) are seen rather differently at Hondo's than they are elsewhere on the web. Not many other places where they are embraced as they are here. That's why I figured the word needed its own entry, perhaps with madman as a sub-entry, since it is traditionally troll usable by anyone that knows the password.

• 2 weeks later...
Topics requiring a wiki, at some point:
  • Pythagoras
  • H.C.
  • Werewolf game (link to the rules?)
  • Zombie King
  • Drunken Deities
  • Hondo's Hisotry (bits from the FAQ, etc)
  • Lens Flare
  • The Great Drunken Crash of '04
  • Annual Hondo's Awards/Hondies
  • Communists for Sexy Justice
  • Hondo's Civil War (can link back here)
  • Hondo's Webcomic
  • userbars? i dunno.

etc. anyone with thier site/blog in our links page, theyre welcome to make an entry to, i figure. Get crackin'!

Ok, i set up the basis for about half of 'em tonight, mgiht do a few more tomorow. Once these are caught up, i guess the "Greatest Hits" secion comes next - help ouf if you got a chance!

• 4 years later...

What ever happened to this, Nizzy? There was some gold in there, I think it was Spycer that made the Magic™ cards. Some people, like 'Baytor, clearly spent some time coming up with hilarious bios.

Is it archived somewhere, waiting to return? Or do we need to start over? Can we do that? STATUS UPDATE!

its archived - the old files, as well as the text, i wanna say? if not, one can likely be taken from the other.

it was attached to an older board version, so as i feared, we lost it in an update. StillB tried making us an external one because of this, and some asshole used it to exploit & take his site down, it's how we lost his wiki, hondoshare and all his stuff too, far as i know...i felt pretty awful.

i'm keeping an eye out for another mod for our current version, the reason i don't want to use an external site (unless it can be tied to ours) is that i really liked how we all had to login to use it - there was a lot more accountability that way, and it made it super-easy as well. but yeah, trust me, it's not far from my mind these days, either. i miss members having a place to make pages for each other & inside jokes.

Awww, fuck. Our wiki caused that? That's some shit right there. I'm still sour that my old hondoshare links don't work anymore.

That was just a shit of a human being that did that, it's not like there was a single thing to gain from it. If we were some megacorp that needed to be taught some humility or there were credit cards attached, I'd be able to reason out a motive, but that hacker was just representative of the worst of humanity. Causing other people distress for absolutely no tangible reason other than to delight in their misery. Druids would not approve.

Ok, so fuck external.

Glad to hear it's still on your mind. I figured it probably would be, you've gotta appreciate that stuff.

• 1 month later...

nah; again, they're all backed up, just not reposted until i can find a mod that syncs with our board for logging in so users can edit & add stuff. rest assured, it might be hard to find but ive got it all somewhere.

right on. i was making those rather than doing my job at bank of america at the time, so i dont have my original copies anymore. i was just wondering who far i got on them.

hopefully it can get worked out and we can have stuff editable and neato sooner than later.

also, sorry for dropping in all of the sudden and necro-ing thread after thread. ive been a way a while.

Archived