Hondo's Bar

Greatest Sketch Comedy Show

Greatest Sketch Comedy Show  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say it's a close three-way tie between Mind of Mencia, Blue Collar TV, and Mad TV for my vote for best skit show.

I like Blue Collar TV. Still haven't been able to catch any of them when they come on tour...

It's a parody of the UK news, each report is like a sketch of its own, there's interviews, but on the Day Today they're all fictitious. So I'll agree with you, it may as well be a sketch show, but its not. Jam however is, put it on the list, I refuse to vote other and I think Metal Heart deserves her little Britain.

Much like The Daily Show on Comedy Central?

*EDIT: I suck at this quoting shit...took me 3 friggin tries!!!

Edited by Aartemys

The Daily Show is also over 10 years old (they celebrated their anniversary last year with a segment called Ten Fucking Years). Both the Daily Show and The Day Today are predated by many similar concepts, but the one that really honed the formula was SNL's regular segment, Weekend Update which started with Chevy Chase on the first episode.

And the Daily Show is still relevant.

Call me simple, but I loooooooove Little Britain! Hooray to Jont for introducing me to some of my favorite shows, including Little Britain, Father Ted, and Peep Show.

I did? Peep Show I know, but the others?

The Daily Show is relevant, that's the point of it, its topical, I just don't think it could match the Day Today in terms of quality, even if it has in terms of quantity. That said, I haven't seen all of the Daily Show in its ten year tenure, and I doubt if I'd have the time or the patience, however you could watch the complete Day Today today if you choose, I can think of few better ways to spend three hours.

So anyway, I haven't a fucking clue what half of these sketch shows are, and I'm not going to go looking up for my self, I still bear the emotional scars from that time I tried to find funny Chris Farley clips. DAMN YOU FLUFAKINS!

Pick your favourite and back your corner, feed me videos.

I'm with jont, here

The Daily Show is relevant, that's the point of it, its topical, I just don't think it could match the Day Today in terms of quality, even if it has in terms of quantity. That said, I haven't seen all of the Daily Show in its ten year tenure, and I doubt if I'd have the time or the patience, however you could watch the complete Day Today today if you choose, I can think of few better ways to spend three hours.

here

So anyway, I haven't a fucking clue what half of these sketch shows are, and I'm not going to go looking up for my self

and also here

Pick your favourite and back your corner, feed me videos.

I am surprised no one mentioned Whose Line Is It Anyways? Everytime I see that show I am always cheek sore from laughing so hard. I was so upset when I saw they moved it to ABC Family, cuz I don't have cable, but I can still watch it on the TV Links website. A great show! :2T:

• 5 years later...