Hondo's Bar

Transformers - More than Meets the Eye

:misty:

"I'm really not too interested in watching Transformers 2 until it comes out on dvd. I moderately enjoyed the first one because I find Shia Lebeouf entertaining and watching robots fight is good fun for about 20 minutes, but I'm so sick of Michael Bay at this point that I don't have much interest in seeing what he wants to do with an even bigger budget, a longer runtime, and a crapload more robots.

I'm a fan of Bad Boys and The Rock. I even like about half of Armageddon and maybe 30 minutes of Pearl Harbor, but after 15 years it's probably time for the guy to let go of his blatant 13-year-old misogyny, homophobia and racial stereotypes and work on making an actual decent movie. Or maybe he should just switch to his real strengths as a casting agent or a cinematographer and quit with the directing. Anyway, rant over."

I bring you his words from beyond the grave. Consider me the John Edwards of Hondos.

You know, all this Transformers 2 hate is actually bothering me. I was just on the phone with Jon (Spacecowboy) for an hour and couldn't believe his anti-love (not really hate). I'm disappointed that more people didn't like it...

dude I thought you had a shorter attention span than me? How the hell did you manage to stay awake when there's weren't asplosions or robot fights?

Cause I was legitimately amused. I thought the movie was hilarious! Seriously, I loved that flick!

Am I losing it in my old age, you think?

Edited by Panch

Dude, the two of us drunk together might spell disaster for the weaker Hondonians. I'm telling you that this'll be Megacon all over again. SiBob and Jesi couldn't wait to get away from me! I was (with 2Track's help) so fucking obnoxious that all that shit that happened recently started then!

Hahaha, by the end of HondosCon then, I call it now that we'll create a splinter forum of our own with NZA's help because alienating everyone else & getting them gone will be a much harder task than just putting us in our own sandbox.

You mean that big ass robot sucking up sand in the trailer wasn't Bay's version of Unicron?
See, I haven't even watched the movie and I'm already a little disappointed.

A planet eating creature should ALWAYS be left for the 3rd movie of ANY property. Fantastic 4 didn't follow that rule and you know how that turned out.

Edited by Panch

wait, you hate Pat Lee now? he was alright in the day, as i recall.

Click this

And yes, Grimlock had better make an appearance in the 3rd movie. If they want to make him turn into a tank or some shit, okay that's fine, just so long as he talks like a caveman and is still the ultimate badass. (And if they make the 3rd movie Unicron then they really need to toss in Wreck-Gar and have him voiced by Weird Al Yankovic like he was in the cartoon)

Also:

“ It is a mistake to suppose that men succeed through success; they much oftener succeed through failures. ”

—Pat Lee[35]

That's right up there with "Get use to gettin' used" and "I would never want a book's autograph" I think he and Kanye take turns licking the lead paint off of recalled Dora the Explorer toys in a Chinese toy factory.

Edited by Iambaytor

How the fuck is Grimlock the Ultimate badarse? I'm sorry to make a broad sweeping statement like this, but retarded robots/people cannot be badarses. Best they can shoot for is slow-moving and retard-strong.

Edit- FIne. I didn't account for Vin Diesel. Your point, Baytor.

Edited by The JZA

How the fuck is Grimlock the Ultimate badarse? I'm sorry to make a broad sweeping statement like this, but retarded robots/people cannot be badarses. Best they can shoot for is slow-moving and retard-strong.

Edit- FIne. I didn't account for Vin Diesel. Your point, Baytor.

That was only in the cartoon, in the comic (Both Pat Lee's retard extravaganza and in the original Marvel/Marvel UK written by Sam Furman) Grimlock wsa the only Dinobot that talked like that but not a single one of them were stupid, in fact Grimlock was some kind of wandering samurai for a good portion of the series and even lead the autobots for a while.

Though even the retarded Grimlock was pretty fucking kickass.

what the...? swear to god, first im reading any of this, mind = blown. ddint follow his transformers shit, or even knew what became fo dreamwave (i most knew them for being early with the digital coloring/lighting), but derivative-as-all-hell or not, i was into Warlands for a season or two. eventually, i saw some Record of Lodoss War and lost interest, mind you, but i had no idea about any of that.

you got any other superdouchey writers/artists you're keeping under you belt, you let me know when you're airing them out. shit.