Hondo's Bar

Cloverfield

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got to see this, and I liked it. Certainly not my favourite movie, and most definitely not the greatest, but I really enjoyed it. There was a point when my heart was pounding fast, as I contemplated what I would do in that situation.

Overall I recommend people to see it at least once.

har har, for one, the explosion of the chopper's fuel would've blown them to human lasagne fodder and the camera into something apple could probably sell off as their new ipod its that badly damaged and small...

as for the camera angle, maybe my hangover didn't help with it, but fuck, some of it was just annoying...

just because you put your stamp of approval or thumbs up arse on it doesn't excuse the fact it was pretty poor, story wise. i mean, the monster looked cool, yes. but explain to me, HOW DO YOU FUCKING SURVIVE A HELICOPTER CRASH FROM ABOUT 30 STORIES UP IN THE AIR!!!! HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN!!!

Well first I must ask HOW DOES A PORTION OF THE MOVIE THAT LASTS LESS THAN 3 MINUTES RUIN A MOVIE!! HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN!!!! I mean seriously if I can ignore an immaculate field of grass, zombies breaking through a door that's a solid foot of steel thick, and Plexiglases shattering like regular glass in I Am Legend, then you can ignore this.

Moving on...

Well you see a helicopter is propelled and kept propelled by blades that work as propellers. These blades keep it up while a second smaller one on the tail is used for steering and altitude.

First of all when the monster got hit with the bombs the chopper pilot moved in for a closer look, putting him at about I would say 20-25 stories.

Now having seen the attack from a strange angle it is my belief that the monster hit the side of the helicopter, jarring it, i think the back rotor was still working as it seemed to move back and forth rather than spin in a circle as it came down. The blades on top from what I gathered were still spinning, causing its descent to be slowed by the spinning of the chopper blades but not stopped as the blades themselves were slowing (if the monster actually upset them) either way the crash would be hard, it would be painful, but no worse than most automobile accidents and assuming Hud held onto the camera and it didn't hit anything too hard (from what I recall it fell, got knocked out, and then was picked up and worked) it should still function. They have made cameras more durable because people are fucking idiots who drop things a lot. So yes injuries would have been sustained (and were though I think Rob was able to move on his injured leg a little too well and whats her name with the rebar wound, but that could be attributed to adrenaline which certainly would be prevalent in

har har, for one, the explosion of the chopper's fuel would've blown them to human lasagne fodder and the camera into something apple could probably sell off as their new ipod its that badly damaged and small...

As for the gas theory, well you know what they say about assumptions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JP-8

http://members.aol.com/afp1fire/jp-8.htm

It's not unexplosive, but neither is gasoline. However the chances of your car blowing up as the result of an accident are miniscule.

bustedplacard.jpg

FHD for Baytor, for saying what I would have said if I had the effort in my body.

DoJ, not every helicopter crash ends with the explosion of a helicopter, you sir have been watching too much of the A Team.

I enjoyed Cloverfield, it doesn't give you much to think about, but it is a solid monster movie. Some leaps of logic to be made, I can understand why Rob ran back into the thick of it (if I'd seen my brother die I'd damn sure look up an ex for a sympathy fuck), but why did everyone else? Loyalty? Stress related breakdown of logical faculties?

DoJ, not every helicopter crash ends with the explosion of a helicopter, you sir have been watching too much of the A Team.

There's nothing wrong with that,

but its more than just the helicopter scene i had a problem with, the one being impaled and near death sprinting just a scene or two later is another, i just cannot begin to start on how much this movie was terrible, in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with that,

but its more than just the helicopter scene i had a problem with, the one being impaled and near death sprinting just a scene or two later is another, i just cannot begin to start on how much this movie was terrible, in my opinion.

That was a bit dubious but I doubt she was really near death, she had rebar stuck in her shoulder. Would it hurt like fuck? Like you wouldn't imagine. Would it be fatal? Not in the least. I imagine she was so still because she was in shock, lord knows that I would be. And she remained that way till they got downstairs she practically had to be dragged from both buildings.

But human survival instinct is tenacious and we can do a lot more than we think we can. Adrenaline has allowed for people with broken backs to be standing for 5 hours after a car wreck, so I don't have to suspend my disbelief that much to buy that.

Somehow bad reviews make me wanna see a film even more than good reviews. Something to do with low expectations i guess. I find it very hard to nitpick movies like this cos lets face it theyre there to entertain not inform or portray anything other than a big fucking monster having the time of his life in New York.

I will be watching this as soon as i find someone to go with me.

Archived