Hondo's Bar

Cosplay

Boogie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm lookin' up dioramas...and I just stumbled unto this:

2996361861_a27c56fe73_b.jpg

Panch, if that ain't you - the resemblance is uncanny! LOL!!! Had to share - holy shit! Am I alone on this - anybody else see it? Wuuuuut...freakin' Bizarro...

Panch? Nah. I thought he looked more like Nu-Joel Arch v2.0

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bill-Murray-Youre-Awesome.jpg

ljPkU2J.jpg

^ LOL!!! Super-Mega-bonus points! LOL - duuudes, that's is so awesome, you have no idea! LOL! You guys should totally print that out on a glossy and frame it. That'd be a kick-ass little thingie to have up.

NZA, the pixel skull is perfect. Did you make it or...order it...? Is that from something else? I've coincidentally been looking into printing on fabric for a piece I'm doing.

We have something planned for Supercon that I'm really hoping we can pull off! smile.png

Supercon! Working hard on my Supercon digs, too. Supercon!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Going through sum Florida pics - here's sum cosplay...

Alx's bro went as Winter Soldier (on the right)

- we made the arm from scratch and started as soon as we got down there. Covered / wrapped his arm in a foam sheet - separately cut out foam strips (colored - orange, blue) out of another sheet as the...segments(?) and glued 'em over the initial foam arm base (white part).

tumblr_oulvdu6Y8W1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Covered the arm in mod podge n' sprayed it down w/ plasti-dip...to solidify it.

tumblr_oulvfxoz0H1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Spray painted it silver - and then sprayed it down again w/ a gloss sealant, giving it a top coat, to withstand the ravages of body heat n' sweat. The armpit is a 'Danger Zooone.'

tumblr_oulvjvhdr01vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oulvlj5sVi1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Alx's other bro went as Tony Stark - w/ a functional (lights up) arc reactor. He just bought the damn thing - Alx tried to make it - but the lights weren't strong enough - just wouldn't show through the shirt.

tumblr_oulvq4t36q1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Padme (Winter Soldier's daughter - Alx's niece) went as a 'Nameless Ghoul'...from a metal band called 'Ghost'. She's on the immediate left of the big dude - who is their lead singer, 'Papa'.

I had no idea who the hell the band was and thought it was too deep a cut for a costume-choice - but lo, there were two whole families (parents w/ kids) all dressed up as the band - and then these guys passed us. (shrugs) I never claimed to be w/ the times.

tumblr_oulvqsxNGP1vndct2o1_540.jpg

The head / mask was made of resin and special ordered - the outfit was handmade. The next day, she went as that lead singer - she lopped her hair the day before, Vagrant meet her w/ way longer hair.

tumblr_oulvo1uSLD1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oulvvoq3zD1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Alx made me promise not to put up her 'incomplete trainwreck-of-a-costume' (her words) - buuuut - that's her on the left, she went as an Inkling from Splatoon - she made 'Jud' (the plush cat) from scratch and her tentacles...and ink tank...and teeth (she freakin' made dentures) Ugh. LOL - next year.

These are dudes who were 'Nameless Ghouls' from the previous day - freakin' out over a 'Lil Papa'.

tumblr_oulvrlAzT01vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oulvs5qbqz1vndct2o1_540.jpg

^ She sent me a pic she found of herself online. She (and so was everyone else) was so damn happy w/ their outfits and grateful of the work Alx did to get it all together.

Lesson learned, tho: get all this shit done n' sorted more than 1 week before a convention. Alx - and all of us - had fun w/ the process - Alx is 'kinda' into arts n' crafts and absolutely loves this stuff. LOL - just not enough time for everything / everyone - or the event itself - LOL - that's just what stung the most. Hopefully, next year will be even better. Still a score - good laughs.

• Upvote 4