Hondo's Bar

Cosplay

Boogie

wha?! the blue chick w/ the black hair & eyepaint is one of the hottest ones. you must find out, nza. make it sooooooo!

Boba Fapp [i so stole that]

boba-fapp.jpg

Harley-kini

harley-quinn-bikini.jpg

Storm Boobers

pimp-vader.jpg

Anime is so mainstream. True hipsters wear Wonder Woman inspired bikinis.

wonder-woman-swimsuit.jpg

il_fullxfull.256894838.jpg

• Upvote 1

I never heard of Brutal Legend; apparently Google tells me it is a Jack Black voiced metal driven game. Any good?

It has it's moments. It's not great. It's no Psychonauts or anything, but that's not a fair bar. You ever play Overlord? It's a lot like that, only sandboxy and more metal \m/

Brutal Legend is great in spite of all the hate it got. I'm gonna get this one out of the way right now: IT HAS ELEMENTS OF REAL TIME STRATEGY GAMES in the form of stage battles. There are a total of 5 of these in the game and not a single one of them is hard unless you're a complete idiot. If you can manage a game of plants vs. zombies then you're golden. The rest is just your usual hack-n-slash freeroaming car driving game that's fun, really the exploring is more fun than the missions but there's a few missions that are pretty entertaining. Not to mention it has a fun story. It's not as good as like 4 stages of Psychonauts but it's as good as the ones that weren't the velvet painting/neighborhood/lungfishopolis/waterloo world stages of Psychonauts.

counterpoints: the last stage or so was indeed tricky (fuck yo RTS'), and requires extra effort since the game snuck up and switched genres like halfway through. the overworld is also boring, and worse yet, despite Schafer's writing, not many characters were memorable. it was one of the few games ive played of his that i did not want to revisit. i imagine being more a metal fan might help, i got most references but just...eh. it shouldve been more like that heavy metal episode of south park i guess, but jack black was fun.

and yes, dark ophelia cosplay girl could get it.

counterpoints: the last stage or so was indeed tricky (fuck yo RTS'), and requires extra effort since the game snuck up and switched genres like halfway through.

The last stage? The one where you fight dark Ophelia? Spam the fuck out of the bridge. Build a crusher. Ride the crusher onto the bridge. Destroy the towers then spam the stage.

Or are you referring to the fake RTS stage with Dovilculous? That one just spam the tentacles then ride your car down the paths. There is no stage battle in this game that can't be won by taking a bunch of guys and making them attack the same thing at once, it's stupid easy.

He's right there. The half-an-RTS parts were indeed elementry for anyone who's played C&C. And I dug exploration of the realm(forget the name it's been a while since I finished it), but am also half a metal fan so the carrot was worth the stick, for me.

Re cosplay bitches, good post Haku. I'm especially fond of Ms Marvel pumping gas.

Were there really only 5 RTS battles in the solo campaign? I blazed through it at breakneck speed, with the help of some DLC that are practically cheat codes. The GPS that hunted down collectibles should be optional in every GTA game (maybe then I'd actually get 100% in one, damn you San Andreas and your phantom horseshoe!).

I spent most of my BL time with multiplayer, which is all RTS. In my head, that's the bulk of the game.

I got 100% in San Andreas, I assure you the horseshoes weren't as bullshit as the Landmarks and the Oysters.

The RTS battles were the introductory one, the one at the gates of Lionwhyte's fortress, the one in Lionwhyte's fortress, the one against the army of black tears, the one in the dry valley, the one at the sea of black tears, and then the final one against Doviculous though that one only half counts because it had a gimmick to it. It was the missions that were mostly samey and boring, except for the ones where you had to follow the bus, those were fun.

Seriously, a game dumbs down RTS games to a ridiculous levels and still the plebs say it's too hard. Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Overlord had harder RTS mecahanics!

I spent most of my BL time with multiplayer, which is all RTS. In my head, that's the bulk of the game.

then it's possible (like halo/gears) i played it wrong by not trying that. i do have certain expectations of a shafer game, and i feel they're not unfair, given that Full Throttle is like the only game of his i've not played.

you're right, if you can handle C&C/Vandal Hearts/etc you can handle this; again for me its about expectations, and this game threw mine and never interested me enough to keep moving. i finished it like a chore.

^^And so we say amen.

I'm creepin' the SDCC galleries and came across a few choice pics.

Gallery1

daenerys-targaryen-cosplay.jpg

clark-kent-circe-cosplay.jpg

Gallery 2

SDCC-2011-COS-Play-05.jpg

SDCC-2011-COS-Play-08.jpg

SDCC-2011-COS-Play-49.jpg

Clever costume, but how do these guys move around the overcrowded convention floor w/ those things?

SDCC-2011-COS-Play-67.jpg

Gallery 3

comic-con-girls-2011-day-1-1.jpg

15.jpg

212.jpg

43.jpg

17a.jpg

Gallery 4

comiccon-11-bill-2-169_528_poster.jpg

comiccon-11-bill-1-016-jpg_786_poster.JPG

JUNIOR!

comiccon-11-bill-3-267_786_poster.jpg

comiccon-11-bill-5-179_786_poster.jpg

comiccon-11-bill-4-302_480_poster.jpg

X-Wing Mickey & the Crusader from Indy & the Last Crusade. Only at Comic Con.

comiccon-11-bill-5-207_480_poster.jpg

• Upvote 1

I hate to double post, but this is worth it.

Fanboys rejoice. Adrianne Curry has shared her comic con pics via facebook.

She had to change b/c her Aeon Flux outfit showed too much butt.

Philistine security @ Comic Con has me wondering if Rhys Ifans was framed.

So she changed into an extra naughty Imperial Officer.

Peter Brady is either mentally challenged or he must be more pimp than we know to be able to let this talent slip through is fingers.

• 2 weeks later...