Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Playstation Network

They didn't know, when they knew they told. They didn't say "No data taken," they said "we don't know yet." They still don't know if credit card data was taken, only name/address/password stuff, but they decided that the best thing to do would be to warn, in case.

Internet is bad at listening, great at gifs.

Yeah, even my link had a bunch of folks that were still banned. They're probably all black. My white friends have successfully connected with even hard-modded boxes. I wouldn't import your gamertag or nuthin though...

This PSN business is seriously insane. Any theories on what, if anything, they're going to extend as an olive branch? There has to be some PR guys just shitting themselves for weeks. Surely they'll give people something.

i think they confirmed a free month of PSN+ for err'body (smart advertising for them, free streets of rage 2 next month as well!), and an unnamed free game, likely not one you'd want. the nice thing is they said free games would vary by region, so ive got my UK/japan/etc accounts just waitin'.

there's not much more i think they can do then get back to business as usual, install a fucking firewall for godssake, and work to regain customer confidence in their ability to not lose your info/go down for weeks. i cant imagine how bad this woulda been if it was during E3 instead.

edit: goddammit maldrons

Like I give a fuck. PSN was worthless in the first place. I want to throw in Heavy Rain to check it out real quick and it takes damn near 90 minutes to

download patches and install everything. I know it aint a problem on my end, because my connection can download a gig in about 6 minutes on every other

format in the house. And now this shit.

"Sorry about giving out your personal information to suicide bombers. I"m sure you can get that $20,000 debt removed from your credit report

after a few calls."

How bad do they have to fuck you fanboys over before enthusiasm wanes?

Like I give a fuck. PSN was worthless in the first place. I want to throw in Heavy Rain to check it out real quick and it takes damn near 90 minutes to

download patches and install everything. I know it aint a problem on my end, because my connection can download a gig in about 6 minutes on every other

format in the house. And now this shit.

Or you can unhook the system from the internet and play the game without needing to do the pointless update.

Hey, if playing a system that dies every six months doesn't deter you, a little Internet downtime following the hacked acquisition of my home address with no reports of credit theft off an up to date security system won't deter me.

What box are you on, six? Eight?

Hahaha! You see this? They fuck you in the ass and you say "Thank you sir, may I have another? No harm done."

Why don't you just admit that you will gladly accept anything they do? Take a step back, pretend everything that Sony just went through happened to the console you don't like, you would be talking so much shit.

The xbox jab doesn't hurt. Fuck Microsoft and their technically flawed launch consoles as well, they missed out on a lot of my business because of it.

I tell ya, I got a slim last year and that fucker is on almost all the time, between Netflix and Hulu+ and LastFM and the wireless media streaming from the computer. That thing is built like a champ, I doubt I will be replacing it any time soon. I was using the PS3 for a while for the Netflix...but it made me have a disc in the drive all the time. Needless wear and tear. Fucking retarded

Oh, and ask Axel how many PS3's he's gone through, and let's talk about how fun it is when you don't have a removable hard drive.

I'll never understand the blind devotion, that's all. They're a money-grubbing whore of a company just like the rest of 'em.

What blind devotion, sir? Were a home to be robbed, we would no blame the homeowners for not having locked it up enough. My malice is aimed at the hacker assholes who decided to force their way into a protected area and mess up a joint, because Sony had taken one of their kind to task for breaking into their console.

You speak of moneygrubbing assholes, as though the reason netflix was on a disc on the PS3 WASN'T because Microsoft had forced netflix into a contract prohibiting a software based streaming solution on other consoles. You speak of wear and tear as if you don't have to buy a new game disc if your xbox gets knocked an inch to the left.

They didn't fuck me in the ass. Hackers got a bee in their goddamn bonnet because daddy told them no, and they decided to ruin Christmas for the rest of us. The security was up to date. The passwords were hashed and the credit card data encrypted. But hey, I guess because they're the big bad company it's their fault for poking the bear. Bad company! No poke bear. You should know better than to protect intellectual property, that's not the world we live in.