Hondo's Bar

Biggest Tearjerker Moments

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was pretty misty.

this x1000.

the part where Carey's losing his memory of he & she in bed, and he's crawling through the sheets saying "please let me keep this one", fuck that tore me up. that or at the end with the 2 of them in the house as it floods.

also: Zombeliand.

shit wasnt right.

Edward Scissorhands

E.T.

Braveheart

Spiderman 2

Armageddon

Old Yeller

Where the Red Fern Grows (I haven't seen the movie, but the book was wonderful)

Grave of the Fireflies

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Dumbo/Bambi/The Lion King

Fushigi Yuugi (the scene with Hotohori and his son)

Old Yeller

Finally, somebody says the obvious one!

Yeah, Up twists like a knife in your heart at least twice. I went and saw it with a friend of mine, and here's two 20-something guys trying to keep their cool and not weep like bitches in a theater full of children who watch passively. As bad as the scene toward the beginning got me, the part where

He actually looks at the rest of the adventure book and sees the "Thanks for the adventure, no go have your own" written there

tears me down every time.

It doesn't anymore but when Amber and I were living in seperate states, the last 20 minutes of Garden State used to kill me.

When that Korean dude gives Tommy his medal at the end of Best of the Best.

Holy Shit yeah. BotB is one of those movies I'll stop to watch anywhere anytime. And the medal scene just kinda hits you from outta nowhere because the guy's a murderer (we're lead to believe) he's wearing an eyepatch, he a fucking VILLAIN, then he goes all human and you just lose it from letting go of all your hate.

also: Zombeliand.

shit wasnt right.

are you talking about when

bill murray got kilt? you and the wu tang then felt salty tears on that one.

:ifyouknowwhatimean:

OK, I'll fess up. UP. If you don't shed some kind of tears at the beginning of that film then you're straight up cold as ice.

Also the hospital scene in Grumpy Old Men got the wetworks going on me the first time I saw it. Way too similar to how my gramps died. Basically any hospital scene w/ lovable old folks can get me misty-eyed. Too many...ah forget it.

here's my tv (aka whedon fan girl) tearjerker moments:

when

buffy's mom died

in buffy...that whole episode tore me up, especially when

buffy has her daydreams that her mom is ok and then returns to the reality of her mom still being dead and also later when anya goes on her "i don't understand" rant

; when

buffy died the second time

in buffy; when

fred died

in angel; and when

wash died

in serenity. joss whedon is such a bastard.

non-whedon stuff:

the last few minutes of the series finale of six feet under (and of course the episode where

nate dies

). it's one of the most appropriate ways i've ever seen a series end. i love that song by sia too.

that episode of scrubs.

that episode of futurama.

movies:

in american beauty when annette benning goes to the closet and collapses on the clothes at the end, that always gets me.

the end of big fish always makes me cry.

other movies:

life is beautiful, marley and me (goddamn it.), king kong (i agree with axel)....i'm sure there's more because i cry a lot.

The episodes or so right before the end of Cowboy Bebop

mostly Ed leaving

. Most of that series has a way of getting to me.

Also Macross Plus

when Guld finally realizes what he had done and that his friends were trying to protect him.

. Yeah, I used Macross, wanna make something of it?

Oh, and Torchwood. If you've seen through Children of Earth you know what i'm talking about.

To keep on topic, Boondock Saints one

when Rocco dies

is pretty moving.

im prob gonna get made fun of for watching this, but i watched the notebook last week, and i have to say from the moment you realize who the narrator is on i was bawling.

I love, love, loe that movie and no matter how many times I see it, I cry. No Miss, you will not be made fun of, at least from this nick of the woods!!!

I bawled like a baby all three times I watched UP.

Marley & Me was incredibly sad - and the book was even worse. I read the book on a business trip in Melbourne. Went on a lunch break and came back with my mascara all over my face. Way to make an impression.

Beaches used to make me cry as a kid, but ive seen it sooooooo many times now, its not so bad.

I cried at My Sisters Keeper - but the original ending in the book was so much better.

Pay it Forward.

I wanted to make a joke here about how in the post-apocalypse future we should use Old Yeller as a litmus test when we encounter unknown humans to determine if they're Terminators or not, but I've had to change my mind.

Old Yeller would make a Terminator cry.

Archived