Hondo's Bar

LittleBigPlanet

The NZA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh yeah? why, was my fast connection too much for you, lag-master?! i was golden, until that stoopid elevator in shadow moses got me!

everyday i wake up without access to this game, is a sad day

Said the man who was holding the group back.

The elevator bit was just sad on your part.

ive done that level 5 times prior! you caught me drinking whilst keeping dinghy, chief, and others running back & forth in front of the TV here man. you're lucky i didnt just grab on to you & hang there for the level.

You did that in the God of war level.

Good friggin' gravy I suddenly feel like the token amputee... I actually think I found an EB in Bris which has a pre-owned 80G PS3. It gets more tempting to just bite the pillow with all this LBP commentary.

If you do go for it make sure it the one your looking for. Wait to long and it'll be gone.

The call of duty level was awesome. Nick was useful as a shield in that level.

Anyone catch the LBP commercials that started airing last night? Sony is dropping the mad munnies (as they should) on this game. I must have seen it seven times all in one night.

So let me see...

1) I got a Kratos code.

2) I bought the Nariko code from BestBuy.

3) I just pre-ordered the game from Amazon. (Pre-ordering from there gives you a $10 gift certificate and level building handbook)

I think I am all set for this game...too bad I couldn't score the LBP bag:

lbp_pre.jpg

what kind of bag is it???? I would've loved one too... :tussin:

Also, I loved this game!!!! When they hung from things I just could not get over how adorable their dangling feet were!!!AHHHH!

Its supposedly a burlap bag that fits a ps3 game inside...supposedly. Never seen one in person though. I tried looking for a GameCrazy (the store that gives them out when you pre-order the game) here in Atlanta, but there is none. Oh wells.

Heh. I can't find anyone local with a PS3(damn my powers of persuasion to Hades- everyone aks me what to get I say 360) but regardless I'm buying this one with or without a PS3. Sounds ridiculous but 9 times out of 10 the games generally precede the consoles in my house.

...shit. well, get ready to hate us some more...

LittleBigPlanet Faces Worldwide Recall For Qur'an References

"During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an," admitted the company in a statement.

"We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused."

specifics, for the :love: crowd:

Yesterday a reader sent us a link to a music file containing the two offending phrases, which can be found here. Hit the jump for the translation of the offending phrases.

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

Newt & i played the level spoken of last night, obviously didnt catch anything but uh, it was a great level for what its worth. i dont expect much to be changed except for that song bit, shame to see sony take a loss and (?) have to destroy all those ready-to-ship copies, buddy at gamestop says some managers who leaked the game (even just following the other stores, unofficially) could be looking at being fired due to store policy, so its a bit of a mess.

The only possible good to come of this, if anything, is that Los was saying the online servers werent gonna be ready at launch, which to me is fair since there's a ton of fun to be had with the offline game (and you really need to collect all the bits in the levels to build various shit) but i can imagine not many'dve been pleased waiting a few weeks offline, maybe this works out for that, at least. Still not eager to see anything censored, but after this sorta thing bit COD and another X-box game in the past, i cant wholly fault sony for wanting to duck the shitstorm preemptively.

Here's what you're wanting to know, though:

Stateside release date: originallyOctober 21st, now shipping on October 27th. One week later's not too bad, eh?

Europe: "While the game was originally set for an October 24th release, retailers are now expecting delays of up to three weeks."

Actually... I bought LBP. Therefore, I'M GOING TO BE RICH!!!! :D

Anyway, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! It's so freaking awesome!!! Props to the music selection because one of the level's background song is by Cafe Tacuba! I love those guys!!! :love:

Can't wait to go online!!! ^_^

I can't remember the last time I've a co-op game that was this much fun.

Me and Nick started playing around 11PM and before long it was around 6AM. We made it as far as that bastard of a wheel near the end. After a long hour of trying non-stop we gave up to go to sleep. Later that night we started playing again trying to pass that bastard of a level with the wheel. Then just as made to the end of the wheel I died because I had to dead center to drop down. Any other way is a death which would force to start again. I finally manage to pass the damn thing. When Nick went to shake my hand his hands were sweating like crazy. Bitch was sweating from all the crazy jumps I had to do to make it to the end.

Next time I'll bring my controller so the 3 of us can play.

P.S When playing the bridezilla level I kept bitch slapping nick near the end of the level. Almost knocking him back to the edge. Shit was funny.

Archived