Hondo's Bar

LittleBigPlanet

The NZA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so i only got onto the servers for a few hours yesterday, played with some kotakuites & had such an awesome time. made hte mistake of logging out, couldnt get back in, gonna try again tonight.

id venture to say that, like Lunar on my Sega-CD, if the fanboys were right & this was literally the only game to show up on my PS3, itd damn near warrant the purchase. mind you, im horribly biased: im sick of shooters, and Braid got me fondly reminiscing platformers in a way that caused me to forget all the sweaty palms, shot nerves & broken controllers. but the idea of a system where i can log on (in theory) every few hours and find new, innovative shit, amidst the throwback "here's Mario level 1-1" or "that zelda 2 dungeon with horsehead!" levels, its like i finally get why the PC kids tell me im an idiot for buying valve products on a console when i could have years of free mods giving me 10x the bang for my buck. i think i get it now...open source user-content is what's been missing in so, so many games. i ran through the tutorials to see what i could do, and its very approachable for having the potential to be endlessly complicated, but it makes you run through shit like the God of War level and just marvel at some fan who built you a level that could hang with the dev's built-in ones.

part of me is almost sad that i could walk away, in my mind, calling this my game of the year over MGS4, when i know its my fault for not getting more into the full Metal Gear Online, but again, im largely sitting on an awesome Resistance 2 beta cause i just dont have it in me right now for another shooter. now, putting a WWII helmet on my sackboy and riding a tank through someone's GTA level? that, i can do.

this game is consuming my life.

i still dont know how this japanese kid did this, but i played the level last night (as well as his DDR one!) and i was mad impressed.

check him out, search for user RRR30000 (i think that's an option? i found him on page 20 or so myself)

yeah, so i want that shark and sen's about the froggy. this game's DLC could rank up with Rock Band if they play it right; i mean, i still dont know the price but im already sold on Snake & Sephiroth.

stoopid Los, aced every level but the one with the infernal wheel - i got 80%+ of the items, but acing these is gonna be a bitch.

yeah, so i want that shark and sen's about the froggy. this game's DLC could rank up with Rock Band if they play it right; i mean, i still dont know the price but im already sold on Snake & Sephiroth.

stoopid Los, aced every level but the one with the infernal wheel - i got 80%+ of the items, but acing these is gonna be a bitch.

The Snake and Sephiroth sackboys are going to be $2.99 each, according to the playstation blog. But they may also be part of a pack of 3 (like Snake, Meryl and Raiden).

Actually, I aced ALL levels...just sayin'. Now if I can only get people to help me get the rest of the items...I'm sure I'm well over 90%

So pardon a stupid question but... Do the different sackboys yeild any differences in gameplay or is it just skins?

They're just skins, but they're pretty dope.

its a great in-between, honestly. you can get all hardcore into Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge or whatever you're up to and casually play a few levels here & there of LBP. youve only gotta really work on the single player mode if youre looking for trophies or materials to build a level from.

ive been off it for a bit this week, but im really hoping sony gets more clear on the moderation bit. popular levels like God of War's Skull Palace and Azure Palace are now gone, the former likely for copyright infringement (which sucks, it was awesome - apparently the way to do it is name your level "mario tribute", not "Super Mario Bros 1-3"), and the latter for reason unknown, though its thankfully back today. still, the labor of love that these custom levels take, you'd expect a bit more transparency on sony's end regarding policies/warnings and the like.

• 1 month later...

!

This is probably one of the greatest DLC I've seen in any game. Not only does it bring a ton of new stuff to mess around with, it also brings new levels and trophies. On top of that, the new paintinator gives the game a whole new mechanic.

Indeed. The game has changed.

pretty sure that was Psycho Mantis, i mean Screaming Mantis or whichever it was in 4. ah, but the lighting made you think Big Daddy, then?

and yeah, honestly, i was all with Revine not wanting multiplayer in Bioshock, to help keep the environment/mood, but a Rapture LBP level....wow.

im just so, so happy they brought that paintgun in, really made the level work. kinda mean that people'll have to buy this to have access to that tool, but i predict a lotta levels made later on that hinge on its use as a new dynamic.

that....was so freakin' awesome. i cant believe id not seen that, im all excited for this pack now.

snake.jpg

and its out for christmas or so, i think.

Japan gets the MGS4 LittleBigPlanet bonanza on Christmas Day. But America? America gets them a couple days early, on December 23. Make preparations.

Individual characters are $2 each, the four-character pack is $6. And the big-ass level pack? It's $6, which is a steal considering it comes with a bonus character (a soldier dude) and a ton of junk for your LBP levels.

That's a shame, man. if the beta didnt do it for you, i cant imagine the final product woudlve - you not a fan of platformers?

Newt - we can only hope there's a J-E-N-O-V-A level or something. you buying the MGS pack? cause...holla.

well, the single player's got more levels. the multi is just endless, and i hear they're doing crazier shit these days now that the moderation's not as heavy-handed. friend of mine said searching for top-rated levels is easier with the latest patch too.

if you want, i can link/send you to the levels i really dug. you gotta try that galaga one, amongst a few others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived