Hondo's Bar

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

you know, i keep forgeting that this season only had like 10 episodes. what a shame. :sad:

OK, so last night i finally figured out that nick, kertins, and i had fucking missed the last 4-5 episodes of season 3 because we had thought the season ended with the serial killer episode (i think) for whatever reason (probably since we'd already seen it online and assumed they were repeating episodes already). i figured something was up when jax put up his current avatar and i didn't remember seeing that scene in the show. i feel like i've just found $100 in the pocket of a dirty and unscrupulous pair of jeans. :love:

Edited by La Lindsay

• 2 months later...

To any Sunny fans that thought that Sunny couldn't get any more offensive/taboo/controversial, there's a reason you're not writing for this show with your limited and mentally healthy imagination. The first episode (they aired two back-to-back) was awesome. Cannibalism and hunting humans for sport make dumpster babies look like Leave It To Beaver. Also, gorilla facing is the new teabagging. The second episode was also very awesome. The use of the Ghostbusters theme was even better than the use of the Karate Kid song for the montage in Hundred Dollar Baby. Sunny is back a as awesome as ever.

• 1 month later...
I actually watched about a 1/2 hour of this week's episode...it might take small doses of this show for me to get into it...

Should I just rent the first season and start from the beginning? It was a bit...much for me.

The first season is okay but it really gets good once Danny DeVito comes into the picture. Fortunately you can get both seasons in one set for $13 at Wal-Mart. Hundred Dolla Baby is a good episode to get you into the series.

The first season is okay but it really gets good once Danny DeVito comes into the picture. Fortunately you can get both seasons in one set for $13 at Wal-Mart. Hundred Dolla Baby is a good episode to get you into the series.

Ah...not too bad. That means it'd cost me & Ben $11.70. Woot! Maybe I'll have him grab it when he goes into work...

In the meantime...can I look up any of these ep's online?

speaking of, when are "we" getting season 3?

ive known you so long, i sort've ask this rhetorically; we both know its novemberween now and there's no real point in you buying things when christmas means the annual raining of DVDs in the brown household

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So big props to Nick & Jax primarily for pimpage- Jax appealing to my ego & Nick stimulating me with bright colours, I finally got onto this business and am loving it. In terms of exposure down under, it's suffered the same as Arrested Development, where the dinky-as shit network gets the show and then puts it on at twelve o'clock on a Monday night, so even if you're aware of the show you always fucking forget to tape it! :fuming:

I've only just started season 4, but all the talking up of the finale had me skip to the end just to watch it(was a big fan of the earlier chronicles of Day Man), loved it.

FX has ordered 39 more episodes (3 more 13 episode season) and all 5 principle cast members are signed on for seasons 5 through 7. I guess this show is cheap enough to produce that locking in three whole seasons is not a huge risk for FX. Hope the gang doesn't get complacent. It's not going to be easy to continue pushing the envelope with this series.

I want to see an episode that deals with date rape. I'm envisioning Charlie slipping the Waitress rohipnol... Seriously, this show is almost a live-action south park, so if nothing else they can take a few ideas from the Parker/Stone camp and play them out. Otherwise, I could handle an ep that is simply Charlie huffing glue all day long...