Hondo's Bar

subzero vs scorpion

arc

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gotta say that these two guys were my favorites in MK1. But I kicked more butt with Scorpion.

The're pretty evenly matched. So, we dig into the invented histories archives to see that Scorpion is hunting SubZero to avenge a killing. Sub Zero is a mercenary who kills for money.

Scorpion's got more appetite for this fight, I think.

PS. Nick, can you get these GIFs into the avatar archives?

...is that thing a Yeti?

Anyway, i was better with Sub-Zero, so i wanna give it to him. I mean, sure Scorpion can hook "Get over here!" and kinda teleport, but Zero can just freeze his ass & rip off his head/spinal cord before any of that shit, cant he?

Jumbie - I'd have em posted but old Yahven's a picky, picky man. Ill havta post on this in general too, but for now:

When ya want to use an image, such as Scorpion here or one from a Google.com image search, simply right click on the image, click properties, and copy the adress (URL).

Now, paste that adress under your control panel/personal info/avatar options/your avatar (adress line) and youre done, feel free to change em up as often as ya like.

PS If youre likin the Street Fighter/Marvel/SNK ones like this that Artistic is droppin everywhere, lemme know & ill link ya to the page of em.

onslaught1.gifVSm-apoc.gif

Scorpion's harpoon was a lot quicker to realease. I could always see the iceball coming, cuz it took so long to perform.

That teleport of Scorpion's was cool too. It was harder to block than SubZero's comparative move, the slide. And whenevr the slide got blocked SubZero was left wide open for an uppercut. In MKII they gave Scorpion a longer range roundhouse kick than Sub Zero too.

Reptile was rated the worst character of MK2.  In MK3 & Ultimate, when they did the combo system, he became really really good b/c he could shoot like 4 different types of projectiles at you & his combo was good.

In MK3, Sub Zero could make an ice image of himself and if you touched it, you froze.  He could do it in the air too, which made him really tough.  Scorpion kinda fell behind, still hooking & teleporting (now towards & away from you), but when in a combo, he busted out an Axe & chopped you up nicely.

Haha...damn forgot bout that boss, he was kinda tricky the first time i played.

Yeah, but Chiefy, then there was MK4 where they lost their damn minds & everyone had weapons.

"OK folks, before ya fight, lets even this out.  You? Cage? Youre just a movie star, so you get a stick or somethin.  Raiden, god of thunder....here's a cinder block on a stick. Ok, now youre even! Fight!" It always seemed kinda sick to me, the man could already teleport & fry your ass....i mean fuck, you wouldnt have Ken fight Thor would ya?

mini-ken.gif Vs thor.gif

well here's a quick run down of the scorp subzero rivalry scorp fought a subzero and he beat that ass he didn't hve it in him to kill subzero then so he let him go shortly afterwards subzero ripped off scorp's head killing scorp (no shit, you can die from that?) scorp made a deal with the devil0 (which seems very popular and odd at the same time cause if you're in hell already why is he still making a deal with your ass?) and that is how the his story began in part one now there have been as many as three different subzeros in the course of all 4 mks scorp i am only sure that there have been two different subzeros subzero from part one was rumored to have been killed by scorp and that is why the subzero in part two could freeze the floor while the one in three could not scorp may have already gotten his revenge from what i heard and because he has already beaten and killed a subzero i've gotta give it to him but subzero is looking cooler everyday, and scorp looks gayer in every part.

I'm gonna back up the mans timeline of events...  Technically Scorpion has already won.  Even if you say Scorpion vs the current SubZero, no matter how many new tricks they give him, I still think Scorpion takes it.  Besides the fact that he already killed two of em...

killed two of em? how you figure? The storyline for two was that SubZero's brother took over the name after Scorpion killed the first. But i dont remember Scorpion going after him. I mean, the storyline said Scorpion returned to the tournament because he heard SubZero was back, but did he kill him even after finding out it wasn't the same guy?

I dont remember a Scorpion in MK3. I remember cuz I was very pissed about that. UNLESS he was hiddne or something.

And Nick, the Ice shower was even easier to block than the iceball. Also whenever Sub zero froze the floor you just had to jump kick into him and you'd nail him.

Yeah, i remember, they were predictable/slow, but cool attacks nonetheless.

Did anyone else ever read the cheezy Motral Kombat comic Midway used to sell back in the day for MK1 & 2? I have 1, it shows that Sub-Zero was an assasian who killed Scropion, as a normal guy, and his entire family, and Scorpion pulled a Spawn (sold soul for revenge) and came back to kill Sub-Zero. Didnt know there were several Zeros, much less several Scorpions..?

there's only one scorp but there is a clan of subzeros i'm not sure but i taught scorp didn't kill one of them a fuck it the one in 3 left the clan cause they were catching most ninjas and turning them into robots he entered the tournament to try and save his cyborg friend smoke but the thing about mk is i'm not sure but they alter the story each time i'm not too sure on any of the facts cause it's a new story mostlyliukang-stance.gif

• 8 years later...