Hondo's Bar

Premiership 08/09 Season

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League One, tell ya, Bradford City will get promoted this year, i used to me a season ticket holder back in the day when i was young and they only cost £20!

Anyway, good start for the premiership by united and chelsea today, two good results to get the ball rolling.

While liverpool and arsenal slipped up... still there are 37 more games to go!

Tonights fixtures with my predictions in brackets

Barclays Premiership

Aston Villa v Reading, 19:45 (2-2 draw)

Blackburn v Everton, 20:00 (1-2 Everton)

Charlton v Man Utd, 20:00 (2 nil to united)

Fulham v Bolton, 20:00 (2-1 to bolton)

Man City v Portsmouth, 19:45 (1 all draw)

Middlesbrough v Chelsea, 20:00 (2-0 to chelsea)

Last nights results

Spurs 2 - Sheff Utd 0

Watford 1 - 1 West 'am

So second round of fixtures tonight...

Man U are on sky tonight woohoo! Gonna watch it with a few beers!

So here's the results from tonights action

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Reading

Blackburn 1 - 1 Everton

Charlton 0 - 3 Man Utd

Fulham 1 - 1 Bolton

Man City 0 - 0 Portsmouth

Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Chelsea

I know its early days yet, but promising start for united, especially considering scholes and rooney were banned tonight!

Chelski seem to have a bogey team in Middlesborough

Oh and Ole Gunnar Solksjaer scored his first premier league goal in three years tonight, that was just the icing on the cake!

ya cant really blame cudicini for last night.... i mean if anything it was drogba's fault for the pogatetz goal, drawing carvahlo out of place allowing a free header on goal and then viduka got a bit of luck as to how the ball fell for him and the deflection off bridge for the second...

i've always rated him a decent goalkeeper, but ill admit, they do need cech back.. he has a better connection with the back 4 than cudicini does and hence possible miscommunication with cudicini...

i still can't see chelsea winning it if they play how they have in the first few matches....

i just saw the united match and the highlights of the chelsea match.....

watched the west ham match on tuesday against watford... (my girlfriends a west ham fan so its excuseable on my part)

if watford keep playing the way theyre playing i can see them fighting for survival... people are writing them off way too early in the season....

i however Can see man city and fulham going down, they just dont have the teams to stay up, especially since fulham got rid of one of their best players

Fulham are goners if you ask me. They need to sort out Malbranque and Boa Morte looks to be leaving too. I don't fancy Wigan this year either. Not enough convincing buys mid season and they're putting all their hope behind Emile Heskey. A foolish move if you ask me.

I think Reading and Watford have the mentality although not the resources to stay up. Good to see Kevin Doyle popping a goal in for Reading last night. Lord knows Ireland need strikers.

Nice to see Spurs good form again. Berbatov and Keane look to be a lethal combination and the addition(if they get him) of Downing would create one of the best attacking teams in the Premiership.

i can see newcastle mounting a decent challenge this season, duff, ameobi (who most people underrate) and soon to be martins... and i dunno its is just me, but that kinda puts the shit up me, three really pacey and attacking players..... all they need to work on now is their defence...

and im also happy to see arsenal making a bid for gallas... one of the best defenders in the league (after carragher eboue and toure....)

if theres one thing i really Really hate newcastle for, its for getting rid of lua lua... him and d'allesandro Really saved portsmouth's ass last season..

but on the subject of portsmouth, did you see what happened to pedro mendes? that was nasty (i saw a little bit of that match over on sports plus... gotta love tv3) and i think campbell and kanu are gonna prove to be decent signings for them, kanu was always good at arsenal, we just had better strikers, ie anelka, henry, bergkamp.... it will be interesting to see if portsmouth or bolton get anelka, or if he moves at all (which i hope he does)

i however Can see man city and fulham going down, they just dont have the teams to stay up, especially since fulham got rid of one of their best players

Considering they beat you guys? Man city that is?I don't see them going down, i see watford and sheff utd going straight back. Reading might stay up, but there are a few teams that could go down.

Anyway, yesterdays results.

Charlton 2 - 0 Bolton

Fulham 1 - 0 Sheff Utd

Liverpool 2 - 1 West Ham

Man City 1 - 0 Arsenal

Tottenham 0 - 2 Everton

Watford 1 - 2 Man Utd

Wigan 1 - 0 Reading

3 in a row for united, so out of last seasons top four Arsenal and Chelsea have both lost. United the only team with a 100% record at this stage

Rest of the fixtures for this weekend.

Chelsea vs Blackburn

Villa vs Newcastle

Boro vs Portsmouth

Anyway. No prem football this week.

Its european championships 2008 qualification, like the copa america and world cup, except just european teams in it Click here for info,

The home nations are playing this weekend.

Germany vs Republic Ireland (Group D)

England vs Andorra (Group E)

Northern Ireland vs Iceland (Group F)

Scotland vs Faroe Islands (Group B)

Czech Republic vs Wales (Group D)

Come on Ireland! :2T:

you forgot to put up the polish match, theyre practically irish at this stage... but yeah, appearently mascherano and tevez's contracts are owned by some media company, who are taking over west ham, and they sponsor corinthians, and they both have buy out clauses of 20-25 million in their contract, as for the staying a year business, im not sure, but thats what i know at the moment

Back to premier league action today, here are todays results

Arsenal 1 1 M'brough

Bolton 1 0 Watford

Chelsea 2 1 Charlton

Everton 3 0 Liv'pool

Man Utd 1 0 Tot'ham

N'castle 1 2 Fulham

Portsm'h 1 0 Wigan

Sheff U 0 0 Blackb'n

Man U with their fourth straight win, the only team in all of the leagues to have a 100% record still. Hopefully they will keep it up against the gooners next saturday.

Arsenal, still haven't managed a win this season!

Portsmouth still haven't conceded a goal this season, amazing considering David James is their keeper

Remaining fixtures this weekend

Sun - 10 Sep 06

West Ham v A Villa

Mon - 11 Sep 06

Reading v Man City

Archived