Hondo's Bar

Halo 3

MusicManiac

When did Hondo's Bar start serving

haterade.gif

Glad I've been too busy actually playing this kick ass game than dealing with the hate in this thread. Jesus. Halo 3 is far an away the best in the series, and is a hell of a lot of fun. I was going to ask if anyone would be up to get together for some online coop, but it looks like everyone here is riding the hate train, save Ninja. Yeesh.

The theater mode is incredible, the scale of the levels is amazing, the combat is better than ever, and Forge is just plain cool. Great game overall.

As for the disc read errors, definitely possible, though probably not that widespread, and likely finicky 360s deciding to give up the ghost, every major release has had reports like this.

Oh, and yeah, Halo sucks, 95 Metacritic average, and 94.7 on gamerankings means shit awful apparently. I'd still love to get a hondo's bout of online co-op going.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haterade.gif

Glad I've been too busy actually playing this kick ass game than dealing with the hate in this thread. Jesus. Halo 3 is far an away the best in the series, and is a hell of a lot of fun. I was going to ask if anyone would be up to get together for some online coop, but it looks like everyone here is riding the hate train, save Ninja. Yeesh.

The theater mode is incredible, the scale of the levels is amazing, the combat is better than ever, and Forge is just plain cool. Great game overall.

As for the disc read errors, definitely possible, though probably not that widespread, and likely finicky 360s deciding to give up the ghost, every major release has had reports like this.

Oh, and yeah, Halo sucks, 95 Metacritic average, and 94.7 on gamerankings means shit awful apparently. I'd still love to get a hondo's bout of online co-op going.

:misty:

haterade.gif

i'm not gonna judge a game before i play it, but just 'cos something get's good reviews does'nt make it a good game.

how many oscars did titanic win? sometimes people get caught up in hype.

i'm not gonna judge a game before i play it, but just 'cos something get's good reviews does'nt make it a good game.

i can see what youre saying, but the review #'s he's citing come from sites that average out a ton of scores from different places. an average over 90% almost universally means its a damn fine game, and if youre into that genre, you cant go wrong with it. i dont necessarily like following the odd review or two nearly as much as, say, just renting & trying for myself, but if i am gonna go offa #'s, metacritic and gamerankings paint a pretty good picture, makes you feel less like one site/mag or another's being bought off/fanboys or something when youve got dozens of places giving 9's and 10's.

Hype's a bit more tolerable when you can deliver, and ive not had any hands-on with it, but seriously, scores like that are hard to ignore. I'm not even a big fan of shooters, and ill try out damn near any such game with such reviews.

Look, I'm not saying the game will be everyone's cup of tea, but looking at the top 20 highest rated games of all time on Game Rankings, while some of them may not be my cup of tea (Tekken, Gran Turisimo, NFL 2K1) but they are all good games, damn good ones.

Also, missed this comment the first time through.

Good graphics do not a good game make... Bioshock is a living example of that

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Finally somebody who gets that Bioshock is overrated. I just want a UT game worth play after so such a long time.

And my opinion of the taste of two Hondonians has gone down today. Halo hate I can kinda expect, but Bioshock? Jesus.

Wait, ive only played bioshock's demo and a bit of unreal, and i get that you shoot things in both of them, but the compariosn starts to get funky for me after that. arent online shooters like halo, UT, haze, CoD, half life, R:FOM, etc in one genre, while offline system/bioshock, F.E.A.R. (largely), Prey (i think?) etc kinda in a different one?

Bioshock is in a very different category than Halo. It is more shooter than System Shock was, but it is very much about a great single player experience, and it is. Halo's SP is great, but it is more about great action, set pieces, and numbers. Bioshock is about exploiting your powers in a more claustrophobic locale, and is a lot mroe about the atmosphere.

It also seemed kinda wierd comparing Halo to Rainbow Six and Host Recon, kinda like comparing Medal of Honor and Metroid Prime. Or Doom with, I dunno SWAT. They are completely different games, even though their perspective is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm caught up, apparently it was strictly collector's editions that had issues. Bish & I caught the Legendaries, and anyone on the other end with the standards are fine as well. It & Bioshock's only shortcoming was length. Both were short as shit but wonderful experiences nonetheless(haven't actually finished Halo but campaign 7 is looming). All you haters(and especially Newt) are just bitter. Sibob- I think this has come up before, but are you onlive? Where's your sig? Best I've managed is two play co-op but I'd love to see the chaos of a 4.

Oh page 1.... Before I get lost in page 2 I just gotta say. Your bioshock hate makes me fuckign sick.

Anything other than your opinion seems to make you sick, or rant, or whatever, not everyone thinks like you, ie, a drunken aussie with anger issues....

you should be on fucking neighbors or whatever soap you limeys have over there....

nah, im with him on the bioshock hate: really? how does one hate on that game?

was telling bish, C U Space Cowboy is all about the halo online co-op, hopefully he'll post his XBL tag up soon. id get it on it but i cant see paying full price for halo myself, tho the online looks a blast. personally, i think my big online shooter this holiday's gonna be Orange Box - having never played a HL game, i here im in for a treat, and the flash version i played of Portal was cool too.

Yeah, me and my l337 mate have many a wasted weekends planned for the orange box. ANd Doj? Possibly correct, but that doesn't change the fact you're just using my appearance as an opportunity to show everyone your mouth is made for more than syphoning aussie sausage. :D

and you're using yours to try make a whingey little comeback that should have been done about a month ago...

either way, for me, bioshock wasn't all that great mostly because of the fact system shock was one of my favorite games ever, i just found it to be reheated leftovers imo...

as for halo 3, i've never liked the halo series anyway, killzone kicked its ass in every possible way

killzone on the ps2 rocked, fuck co-op, why work hard on a co-op and have it spoil the game when you can have a single player that fuckin Rocks

never played the psp version, looked very, over-head-ish

but i can't fathom why skeet thinks that me and newt are bitter over something to make us dislike halo/bioshock

he always uses the bigger remark when someone doesn't agree with him, and it makes less and less sense the more he uses it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shamelessly jacked from here...

HALO 3 CHEAT CODES,

AS EXPLAINED BY NEGLECTED GIRLFRIEND JANET IVERSON.

BY ANDREW KIRALY

- - - -

X, A, B, DOWN, RIGHT, Y

God mode. Total invincibility to all attacks. You can just stand there and the aliens can't kill you. Heck, you could even put the controller down and they still can't do anything. You could even walk away from the Xbox and—crazy idea—talk to someone who's been sitting here for the past hour wondering if that was in fact an actual conversation she had earlier about going to the movies this afternoon and not just an incredibly realistic dream. In fact, you could come back to the game three hours later and you'd still have all your health. You could even come back to the game tomorrow—while a certain someone is working a 10-hour shift at Lane Bryant to pay the rent since someone else was recently "downsized" from Golden Swirl for "managerial reasons" that I'm sure were totally unrelated to his habit of napping in the service hallway—and you'd have the whole day all to yourself. Incredibly enough, Master Chief would be in fine, fine shape.

UP, RIGHT, A, Y, B

Invisibility. Remain unseen by enemies, no matter what you do! You could shoot them in the face with a Mark V pulse rifle and they still wouldn't see you. Or you could, say, sit here on the couch, theatrically flipping through a copy of Elle that you've already read twice, praying that somebody still has enough of a brain left that he can take a hint, but, no, you'd still remain totally undetected. You could probably even leave and he wouldn't know or care. Seriously. Walk right out that door and he wouldn't even notice. Walk out that door and maybe call his best friend, Jeff Harshak, and see if he wants to lick Cool Whip off your naked body. Did you hear that? Jeff Harshak? Cool Whip–covered nipples? Hello? Yes, invisibility can sure come in handy.

RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, DOWN, B

Infinite ammunition. Nonstop, heart-pounding action guaranteed to get boring, repetitive, and pointless 50 percent faster, shortening the time before you finally, I don't know, take a shower and eat something else besides Bugles and Dolly Madison mini-doughnuts.

B, A, X, Y, Y, DOWN, RIGHT

Receive all weapons. Instantly gives you the complete Halo 3 arsenal, including the Mark V pulse rifle, covenant carbine, bouquet of flowers, chainsaw, plasma blade, flamethrower, gift basket with scented bath crystals, trip mine, magma cannon, some chocolates or something once in a while, submachine gun, wanting a foot massage does not make me "high-maintenance," needler, missile pod, I'm not asking for the damn Hope Diamond here, railgun, and flak pistol. Oh, and the occasional-compliment-giver ray would be nice, too.

B, X, Y, LEFT, UP, B

Shield boost. Plasma shield is impervious to fire from projectile weapons such as needlers, covenant carbines, and, oh, I don't know, a Glade Plug-In hurled in frustration across the room, maybe? And you never know when you'll be caught in a flurry of bottles of nail polish or even—crazy as it sounds—the apologetic thank-you card I just realized someone never sent to my sister for having us at her party to celebrate her making partner at Kenscher & Foley—yes, that party, where a certain someone drank too much Crown Royal and kept inviting her friends to "join his firm" before he managed the monumental feat of embarrassing himself even further by spitting up the Better Cheddars he'd eaten too much of all over his only dress shirt, which I happened to buy him for his birthday. Shield not impervious to melee attacks. I said, "Shield not impervious to—" Ugh! Never. Mind.

- - - -

Archived