Hondo's Bar

Braveheart vs. Gladiator

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both were awesome, but Gladiator was better, simply in the lines. The best movie line in history is in Gladiator:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Bad. Ass.

Gets my nipples all hard.

both were awesome, but Gladiator was better, simply in the lines. The best movie line in history is in Gladiator:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Bad. Ass.

Gets my nipples all hard.

I second that. That was an awesome quote dude, Kudos! :rock:

Braveheart was excellent too!

One of Fav qoutes:

William wallace to soilders: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

gladiator has to reach up on its tippy-toes to kiss braveheart's ass. youre allowing your love of crowe's cock to blind you to this truth.

ps inspiring! braveheart brought buckets of money to scottish national foundations. gladiator movies only inspire turkish prison sex.

I think gladiator was just put together better. I think Nikoli is just siding with it b/c of the scottish bit.. yea yea.. hes irish... Braveheart was great for sure, but gladiator was just a bit more entertaining. Better quotes, awsome score, great dream scene captures, and a strong story. I think think Gladiator nudges it out thats all. But both are flicks that will go the distance.

-single handedly kills 5 guys in under and aproximate minute-

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! ISNT THIS WHY YOU ARE HERE??!!

-spits and walks away-

I think Nikoli is just siding with it b/c of the scottish bit.. yea yea.. hes irish...

im biased towards superior movies. its odd.

gladiator was just a bit more entertaining

like a clown. no, i can dig it.

. Better quotes

you mightve missed the inspirational speeches, or every time Stephen (crazy irish guy) spoke. you should watch it again, man.

awsome score

James Horner's performance here made a theme that's still recognizable. i could be hearing gladiator's theme every time a cellphone goes off and not know it.

great dream scene captures

it was good for this. but wallace's short one of marrion was better. besides, who you gonna root for - mr "i cant fuck again since they killed my wife", or "i think ill impregnate their queen for revenge."

and a strong story.

you know a fair amount of braveheart is historially accurate? some definite liberties, but not as many as youd think.

i just cant see it. Braveheart's an epic that takes you from Wallace's childhood to torture & death, with an ending that damn near got me misty and rightfully swept the oscars. Gladiator's a great film that doesnt even stand out in my mind as the best of its genre, and i kept thinkin it won the oscars it did during a slow year.

id say to each their own, but were in fight club, so fuck you people, youre wrong here!

ps vicotr von damne had some massive guns for that one closeup in the movie.

Come on Nick. The reason it raised money for Scottish heritage is because Scotland is still around today. i'm sure Gladiator would have raised a ton for Roman Heritage....if it weren't for those damned Germans.

Braveheart was an excellent movie, but Gladiator was simply more streamline, and had way better lines.

And besides, the irish guy is only inspirational when your piss drunk. (which probably explains why you like it so much)

The Romans arnet around anymore? Dont you watch The Sopranos?

Braveheart was an excellent movie, but Gladiator was simply more streamline, and had way better lines.

If it was streamline, that's prolly because it didnt encompass nearly as long a timeline as Breavehart tried to, much less Gibson in one of his early diretoral efforts. And better lines? You mean dialouge, or schwartzenegger one-liners like ive seen in this thread?

Stepehen was awesome, and im only buzzed, ill have you know. You know what? I can take hearing Maximus could beat Wallace in some odd cockfight, but Gladiator was a better movie? You people are dirty commie whores. Im gonna go watch Gladiator again just to give you whores the shadow of doubt, but right now i think its fair to say if you think its a better movie than braveheart, you prolly also like The Simple Life and biting pillows. There, i said it.

ps Sig, if ive the time over at your place saturday night/sunday with the group, im wathing this roman lovefest.

• 1 month later...

Wow Nick...I don't think i've seen you this worked up since the time you told me the story about the diabetic pregnant chick who's mom insisted on waiting to be taken to the hospital while she put on make up to attract a rich doctor, all the while not allowing the girl to take her insulin because she was 'a dirty whore', while the girl was in labor.

I dunno why i just said that, but the story came to mind.

nevermind the whole thing.

not so much worked up as confused, i never thought there was any room for argument here, but hey, some people like the music of William Hung, too.

and chief has a point: Crowe was very pretty for a centurion. I never new they had such hair products in those times, but in an openly homosexual society, who am I to question the need for a nail file?