Hondo's Bar

Braveheart vs. Gladiator

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not so much worked up as confused, i never thought there was any room for argument here, but hey, some people like the music of William Hung, too.

and chief has a point: Crowe was very pretty for a centurion. I never new they had such hair products in those times, but in an openly homosexual society, who am I to question the need for a nail file?

Well there's already been at least one joke about homosexual gladiators, so one more shouldn't hurt. Much.

It's a timeless battle of Epic Proportions.

Appropriate choice of words.

Alright, this is pissing me off, Ireland and Scotland are not the same country, William Wallace was Scottish and Roman doesn't equal Italian, they call Maximus "Spaniard*" repeatedly in the movie.

*That means he's from Spain.

It's pissing me off that Nick is fighting the good fight alone. Gladiator was an entertaining movie, but Braveheart is fuckign ART! It's stiring, emotional, epic, sweeping, exciting, and has JunkerSeed would say, visually stunning. The first time I saw Braveheart, the movie literally reached out of the screen picked me up out of my seat in the theater, and tossed me about the room. Literally a moving film.

Nick, they may say that Gladiator is a better film, but that can never take away, OUR FREEEEDOM!

::moons archangel::

The only reason I haven't been helping Nick out with this fight is because...this really shouldn't be a fight. Braveheart is 10 times a better movie than Gladiator. Hell, even the characters are better. Wallace fights for the freedom of the Scottish people. Maximus just fights because, uh...his family got killed and he's a little grumpy.

"Roman doesn't equal Italian, they call Maximus "Spaniard*" repeatedly in the movie." Your right but the way I hear things there was no Spain either it was called something else with a K maybe but it was all Roman.

Edited by arc

• 1 month later...

Hell wrong with you people. Braveheart is way better then Gladiator. I've watched both a few times and at the end of the day Braveheart stands as the better movie. Anybody who vote Gladiator needs a kick to the nuts.

The only reason I haven't been helping Nick out with this fight is because...this really shouldn't be a fight. Braveheart is 10 times a better movie than Gladiator. Hell, even the characters are better. Wallace fights for the freedom of the Scottish people. Maximus just fights because, uh...his family got killed and he's a little grumpy.

When it comes to movies you can't go wrong with Silent Bob wisdom.

• 6 months later...

I'm sorry...

This thread definitely gets my vote for:

best_thread_ever.jpg

I can't believe this thread made a comeback in '06. What a trip.

By the way, just for reference sake... didn't Braveheart turn himself in only to get his stomach sliced open after getting some French poonany? So much for "Freedom" and alla dat.

Go Gladiator.