Hondo's Bar

the oompa loompas versus the seven dwarfs

Guest arc

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mooks are what american soliders called the vietnamese in nam (it's basically the equilant of nigger). I'm obviously not vietnamese, so I was basically saying "If I'm vietnamese then your mexican". You actually are far closer to being mexican than I am to being vietnamese. So if I'm a mook, then your a towelheaded sandmonkey camel-jockey!

I was talking bout how the irish aren't sexy, and brought up that in IC profile in the Gods section, he has this pictorial equation (check it out yourself here) that has William Wallace (Mel Gibson) Plus John Wayne equalling him (Irish + Cowboy = Irish Cowboy). While it's very easily debatable whether Nick is the combination of William Wallace and John Wayne, I just brought up how neither William Wallace or Mel Gibson are Irish, they are Scotish and Australian respectively. Then he comes and claims that they are the same thing (Irish and Scotish). It's obviously a lame ass excuse to trying to aviod admiting he's wrong. Do any other the local irish posters think that the Irish and Scotish are the same thing?

Ah, gotcha. Though, just to cause even more trouble, here, Mel Gibson isn't technically Australian. He was born in New York. His father moved the family to Australia when Mel was about 12. Though, his grandmother was Australian, so I guess that makes him as red-blooded Australian as I am Italian.

Or, obviously, youre taking your usual lack of understaning anything outside your microcosm of a spedtrum and coming off as a condescending twat, so ill get into this one more time. I was taught of celtic bloodlines, of the irish & scottish share descedency and their hatred for english oppression, even by some of the english side of my family.

You were taught to hyphenate your mock-nationality like some kind of pretnetious wank, forever losing the pont of america by playing the nationalistic/region "lines in the sand" game with puerto ricans and such, whom most of America assumes are the same as cubans, which is fine 'cause it doenst fucking matter.

Read a book. Wallace was revered by many, and many irish served under him as well. His clan & its tartan and such, what little is known of em, trace pretty far back; his clan's roots couldve hailed originally from the same city (county cork) as my family did, if it matters that much.

Your anal retention wont alter the profile in one bit, nor affect the fact that everyone else gets it just fine. Might as well get back to oompa-loompa talk, which i still think is a lame thread, but since arc seems quiet and the "yo mama" jokes died down, i gues this is how it is.

PS SOF - ya mentioned usin The Big Guy, and if i wasnt so hung up on Wallace i would, but ya know what sucks? Not many folks here know Irish histroy, even of Collins & his time. Many here in the states seem to be hearing of him 'cause the Palestenains are supposedly studyin a bit of his guerilla tactics, so people assume Collins was this evil terrorist fuck. It sucks.

You don't fuckign get it, do you. Irishmen served under Wallace, yes. Irishmen and Scots share celtic lineage, yes. But Irishmen and Scots are not the same! I have grown up knowing tons of Scots and Irishmen. They have individual national pride. The English settled American, but the English aren't the same as Americans. We came from apes that evolved into men in North Africa. It's possible we all descended from one life form that spawned out of premortial ooze. But if we're going to separate ourselves, look at the definitions. Irish means from Ireland. Ireland is an Island. Scotish means from Scotland. Scotland is a region on the Island called Britian, that is made up of Scotland, England and Wales. Since you are using the definition "Irish", you have to mean from Ireland. If your intent was to represent lineage then maybe Celtic Cowboy would have made it work. When you say Irish, you mean from Ireland. Wallace was from Scotland.

...now youre telling people what they mean when they speak, because of your terms? So you knew some Irish and some Scotts; ive known boatloads of cubans, that mean i know you & yours? Maybe the nationality game of black & white lines is so important to ya 'cause youre not open-minded at all, but actually somethin of racist? Id like to think of it as just anal retention, but hell, what do i know, hailing from an actual English & Irish family? I mean, fuck, youve actually known some irish & scott people with different opinions than mine! When ya next talk to all 3 of these friends, could you do me a favor & ask if my username is ok? See, im American more 'n anything, with my own ideals, but i like Preacher a lot and fuck, that's written by a northern Irishman - which many Irish will tell ya is a whole different country - and im not sure if im supposed to even read stuff from up there; i never got the fucking memo.

I says Wallace was Celtic, Irish, Scott, Scotch-Irish, whatever the fuck, but represents me just fine, and he stays, and no one else has ever had a problem with it. I also says youre puerto rican. While were at it, if this is such a big deal to you, then your sick fixation with me has gone too far and you need to get some help.

Fine, this is really going nowhere. I meant to say that when we use words, they don't mean anything unless they have definitions. You said one of the reasons the Irish and Scot were the same because theyshared a hate for the English. The French and the Americans have hated the English too. They point it according to definitions, Irish means from Ireland. But I conceed. Wallace was Irish if you say we was, but that doesn't mean we was anywhere near the best choice for a pictorial equation.

Ok, the Irish and Scotch are similar, true they're both Celtic peoples, but despite the fact that Wallace had many Irish allies, I still can't see how Wallace=Irish.

That's just my two cents, I really don't mind if IC leaves it as is, in fact it could probably be revealed that Wallace was born in Germany as Wilhelm Wallich and he'd stick with it anyway. Let it go JMT, not that I disagree with you, just that the war is now unwinnable.

PS: If you ever change your mind IC, look no further than the Big Fella!

PS: If you ever change your mind IC, look no further than the Big Fella!

Are you trying to say that God is Irish? Not that I doubt that he is. Fuck, God being Irish would actually make a whole lot of fucking sense. Actually, it's all coming together. All my confusion and doubt about the world and the nature and existence of God, all of it, it's just melting away. I now see God for what he is. God is Irish. It all makes sense now....