Hondo's Bar

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

I understand they are re-doing Star Trek with a bunch of new guys in the roles, for like a G 1 Star Trek this is I think is cool. I am a minor Trekkie, but a MAJOR SW fan so I had some ideas and wanted yours.

Lets say they were to re-do the original trilogy and get a young cast who'd be who?? Help me out. Here are some of my ideas.

So first off to direct Lucas always wanted Spielberg so I'd get him to do all three.

In Ep 4 I'd use make up and still use Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi, the same for any new triolgy folks that were in the original trilogy like Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru!

Luke? Leia? Han???? I've debated it...I need fresh ideas. Natalie Portman for Leia?? uh she really, REALLY looks like her mom... Luke for Ep 4 that kid from 7th Heaven my friend suggested but someone more buff n cool for Ep 5 n 6. He also said Ben Affleck for Han...I thought no, maybe Josh Hartnett??

In Ep 5 Lando - I dunno Busta Rhymes??

In Ep 6 I just think in the end it should be Anakin (new one is Ok, young Obi (Ewan), Yoda, Mace, Qui-Gon ALL the major Jedi spirits)

Darth Vader is Darth Vader. JEJ on voice and a big fuckin guy in the suit but one that can move. All 3 movies get updated lightsaber duels.

Chewie, R2, Yoda and the rest remain cause well I mean they CAN be the same.

So??? Thoughts??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I never saw this thread....

Nah, I love these recasting games. Casablanca in particular is fun to recast. Busta Rhymes as Lando was the worse idea ever, but this idea redeemed it:

Lando - Terrance Howard

billydee.jpg> terrence28.jpg

That's perfect, much better than my initial casing of Mos Def, which I still contest would be a good idea, but Howard IS Lando, possibly more than Billy Dee Williams was.

The real inevitable failure of a Star Wars reboot is than nobody, and I mean NOBODY can play Han other than Harrison Ford. I can accept another actor playing Indiana Jones (River Phoenix, Sean Patrick Flanery, etc), but Ford is Han Solo and I will never be convinced otherwise.

I haven't played The Force Unleashed game, but I've been hearing good things about the story and cut scenes.

Anyone have any thoughts on if the story of Vader's Secret Apprentice would make a good Ep. 3.5? (No Spoilers please, cuz I'm gonna play the game sooner or later)

Oh yeah, and remaking the original Trilogy would be as pointless as remaking Psycho or The Day the Earth Stood Still.I actually, DONT want the lightsaber fights updated. I think that the fights in Eps. 2 and 3 especially were overdone, and went on far too long with what were basically dance moves. I zoned out a couple times in the last fuight between Obiwan an Anakin in Ep 3. (The ep 1 fights were good though).

I haven't played The Force Unleashed game, but I've been hearing good things about the story and cut scenes.

Anyone have any thoughts on if the story of Vader's Secret Apprentice would make a good Ep. 3.5? (No Spoilers please, cuz I'm gonna play the game sooner or later)

The game itself has its ups and downs (but mostly ups so it's a fun play through) but the story is definitely the best Star Wars story to come out of the franchise in a while. The voice acting is fantastic too. It makes for a good Ep 3.5 just as it is, no need to make a movie out of it or anything.

Of course no one has any real desire to see the original trilogy remade. The only lightsaber fight that I wouldn't mind updating just a little is the fight between Obi Wan and Vader in Episode IV. I know neither of them is supposed to be in their prime or anything but it still comes off as pretty weak, especially compared to the fantastic fights in Eps V and VI. But that's a nitpick. It's still a fun game.

Me personally I think Lucas should really consider doing a third Trilogy and use everyone from the previous original trilogy. If you read the Star Wars novels, all the characters are pretty much as old as the actors who played them themselves, so it would make sense.

Another idea is instead of a REMAKE of a Star Wars movie, I would like to see a go-between movie between Eps. III and IV, including a storyline about how Han Solo and Chewbacca meet and get together. But of course NOT in the CG fashion like how they fucked up Clone Wars! But just like the trilogies; live action with CG only whenever necessary. Pewter Mayhew could play Chewbacca and for Han Solo, I remember looking at Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Ep V Empire Strike Back and thinking "he kinda reminds me of an older Jonathan Taylor Thomas", so I think JTT would be a good candidate for a younger Han Solo.

han_solo_capsule.jpg279000.1010.a.jpg

Pewter Mayhew could play Chewbacca and for Han Solo, I remember looking at Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Ep V Empire Strike Back and thinking "he kinda reminds me of an older Jonathan Taylor Thomas", so I think JTT would be a good candidate for a younger Han Solo.

Nooooooooo!!!!!! Not the Tool Time kid. Say it ain't so, Acalis!

Me personally I think Lucas should really consider doing a third Trilogy and use everyone from the previous original trilogy. If you read the Star Wars novels, all the characters are pretty much as old as the actors who played them themselves, so it would make sense.

Another idea is instead of a REMAKE of a Star Wars movie, I would like to see a go-between movie between Eps. III and IV, including a storyline about how Han Solo and Chewbacca meet and get together. But of course NOT in the CG fashion like how they fucked up Clone Wars! But just like the trilogies; live action with CG only whenever necessary. Pewter Mayhew could play Chewbacca and for Han Solo, I remember looking at Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Ep V Empire Strike Back and thinking "he kinda reminds me of an older Jonathan Taylor Thomas", so I think JTT would be a good candidate for a younger Han Solo.

:ohface:

JTT couldn't even hack a recurring role on SMALLVILLE. His career is deader than MC Hammer's.

:ohface:

JTT couldn't even hack a recurring role on SMALLVILLE. His career is deader than MC Hammer's.

So who would be your pic for a young Han Solo? The only other actor I could think of would be River Phoenix (who played Young Indiana Jones in IJ: The Last Crusade) but he died back in 1993. Ideas?

So who would be your pic for a young Han Solo? The only other actor I could think of would be River Phoenix (who played Young Indiana Jones in IJ: The Last Crusade) but he died back in 1993. Ideas?

Young Han Solo? Hmm? How 'bout Harrison Ford circa 1977.

Seriously though, all Internets sarcasm aside, I understand what you're trying to do w/ the re-casting game, and I'd gladly do this game w/ Star Trek or almost any other film/comic/TV show/etc. As you can tell from my Spock avatar, I'm a fan of the Trek series & films, but it's just different w/ STAR WARS, dude. I didn't get into Star Trek until I was like 12 or 13 yrs old. But SW was different; it's part of my childhood fabric like memories of grandma's kitchen or the first time the family went camping. I have baby pics of me w/ ROTJ sheets in my crib for fuxsake! And at the risk of sounding even more ghey for a movie, I just can't support a game that actively seeks to crap on those memories even more so than Lucas has done over the past decade w/ the prequels and Clone Wars cartoons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys that thinks George Lucas anally raped my childhood w/ a Jar-Jar shaped dildo b/c he put out more SW films & tried to make a buck or two in the process. I just think, ya know, my memories will suffice and why not leave well enough alone w/ the original trilogy. No need to re-cast as no one can be more pimp than Solo before being lowered into the carbonite. No one can be hotter than Slave Leia. No CGI wizardry can match the original Yoda. I'm just geek like that I guess. :ohface:

• 2 weeks later...

Man I feel that way too Hak - to an extent, but I think it could be something special. It doesn't have to be a curse it could be Lucas' gift BACK to us, his apology for his mistakes and constant raping of us in the toy aisle.

H Ford is Han agree. But that is the fun to see not who could fill those shoes but put a diff spin on it are there no more garrish rogues in Hollywood? Funny maybe Heath would have done something with Han, or Jaquin but he's retired now...I've heard Josh Hartnett but I don't love him any role...

Thanks to those who posted here keep it coming sorry it took me awhile to read this but I like where it's going!

Rev Jax thanks for the props and seeing my vision on T. Howard!

Y'all need to lighten up. This thread isn't gonna cause the earth to shift and manifest this into reality (trust me, I've been wishin' it from the Pictures of Hot Chicks thread for years). Like Jax, I like these games as what if's! Aarty used to be the best at these casting calls, too! Just to see her work her magic is awesome! NO, nobody can replace Ford so relax.

Here, here Ron H.! CF if you had to re-cast SW to save the world who would you cast as Han?

And don't say let the world die!

I also think it would be sweet to see Ewan in the old Obi-Wan make up how come no one ever talks about his performance? EXCELLENT!!!

• 9 months later...

So I think I found our Luke...James McAvoy the lead from Wanted.

Saw him in that the other day kept seeing Luke in the Bacta tank for some reason...

He's the one.

Gave more thought to the Han situation too...No one can and will ever be able to fill Ford's shoes and he was the Coolest man on the planet for his time I started thinking who is that now? Who reins in the audience in like that? Not only that but wasn't Ford more Harrison than Han? I mean in alot of ways Indiana and Han are the same man in a different setting...so we just need an actor to play Ford and be young enough to get with whoever plays our Leia who is a twin to our Luke, McAvoy who is like 30? In real life, but I think can easily pass for early 20's...SO all that being said think of all the GOOD we could do!

Revitalize the franchise beyond animation, give Spielberg the helm the way GL wanted it, a sweeter rematch between Obi Wan and Vader, no brother/sister kissing and most important introduce yet another new generation to the lore of STAR WARS!!!

So I think I found our Luke...James McAvoy the lead from Wanted.

Saw him in that the other day kept seeing Luke in the Bacta tank for some reason...

He's the one.

No, he ain't.

Luke Skywalker is an American.

for anything else refer to my Dec. 26, 2008 post.

That is all.

:2T:

Archived