Hondo's Bar

30 Days

• 2 months later...

So Season 3 started last week (sorry I didn't give any fans a heads up, but I just found out). I caught the rerun of the first episode last night. Morgan Spurlock (the creator and host of the show) moves to his home state of West Virginia to be a coal miner for 30 days. It was a pretty good episode.

Tonight, the second episode airs its the one I'm most excited about for this season. Former Denver Bronco's corner Ray Crockett will spend 30 days in a wheelchair, and the commercials show him playing murderball. I'm gonna call Whodey and Kara later today (at a reasonable hour) to make sure they catch it.

• 3 weeks later...

So the fourth episode of the new season aired yesterday. It had an adamant anti-gay-adoption Mormon mom living with a gay couple raising 4 adopted boys. It's one of the few episodes you don't see a change of heart, and I thought it was pretty sickened. This women started her 30 days looking into the camera saying she was resolved not to change her opinion because she would be turning her back on God. At every turn, she accused calm-tempered people of attacking her, and she hysterically ran away from discussion and repeatedly resolved not to have an open mind for betraying God. It really made me pretty sick.

Archived