Hondo's Bar

thor superman fight

arc

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Thor throws his hammer Superman can grab it and use it (I mean if Wonder Woman who has killed people can why not Superman right) or at least he can throw it back. The only problem for Superman would be Thor's magic and that shard of kryptonite that everyone just happens to have when they fight Superman.

IS the ability to pick up the hammer a measure of might, or your honor/morality/purity/whatever? As I've said, I'm not sure Superman would qualify.

Plus, if Thor were to fight over the long term and exploit his enemy's weakness (not terribly in character for him unfortunately) he is able to manipulate the weather and thus taking out Superman's connection to his power source: the sun. Of course, Superman could always simply fly above the earth's atmosphere (it would take a long while for his power to fade anyway).

quick points:

1) yeah, marvel/DC was popularity so it doesnt count. I hate lobo, but ^_^ cant hang in his league, and batman beating cap in a straight fight? get the fuck out.

2) Superboy is dead. sorry if you didnt know.

3) thanks Ly/DA, new Thor book is surprisingly fun so far despite my uneasiness with the human counterpart angle, we'll see how this arc goes down.

interested to see how World War Hulk'd fair in this fight, too. Anyone else just reading that to see Thor and Sentry somehow fight? me, im kinda surprised Ares isnt a heavier hitter.

"It's an endless debate...."

At the end of the day it just boils down to what seems probable and sell able but I still think its fun to talk shop.

"As I've said, I'm not sure Superman would qualify."

How is Superman, a character known first and foremost as good natured and kind to a fault, not qualified?

Superman's power is derived from the sun's radiation, so typically blocking out the sun is not a legitimate option.

Also does anyone remember when Spiderman beat the stuffing out of Thor? I can barely remember it but I don't even think that it was even cosmic Spiderman either.

"Superboy is dead. Sorry if you didn't know."

I don't think that it really matters because no one is ever really dead in comics anyways. For example, Colossus, Hal Jordan, Superman, Thor, etc where all dead once.

I don't think that it really matters because no one is ever really dead in comics anyways. For example, Colossus, Hal Jordan, Superman, Thor, etc where all dead once.

surely youre not implying theyll undermine his tearful passing by reviving him in some hackneyed manner when the well runs dry?! ill not have you talk of my favorite literary medium in such a manner. i say good day to you, sir. :FHD: