Hondo's Bar

The God Damn Batman.

TheGodDamnBatman

hey, in related news (meant to make a thread about this) DC's supposedly reviving its Elsewords line, thought dead since like 2003! thought that'd excite a few of you.

yeah, there's a theory that Sin City fucked up Miller cause he can't not write Bats as basically Marv with a cape, so the old DKR/Year One Batman that was slightly unhinged but tactical & smart gets somehow tied to this meme-making, big-talking batman with a huge chip on his shoulder (ugh, the inner monologue where he was doubting himself and Robin believing in him in the car were fucking painful); i really wanna get what Vik was saying here about this being the crazy, balls-out early version of the Bats that matures into DKR, but again, Year One bats fucks that theory right up for me, cause even when he got hit with a fucking television on his first job, he was more respectable.

"I feel a CHUCKLE that starts in my GUT, all BLACK and HARD and SHARP as an industrial DIAMOND. The CHUCKLE it cuts its way up through my THROAT and comes out as a LAUGH that scares even ME."

Eisner Award winning writing there. I love how he puts emphasis on random words like Simon Furman (when I read them in my head I make him scream the words in all caps and say the normal ones in a calm voice so he sounds double crazy)

If I was Hal I'd just chuck a meteor at him.

Edited by Iambaytor

The ring can't effect yellow, however yellow has no defense against a big fucking hunk of burning space rock. Honestly, the no defense against yellow was more of an inconvenience than a weakness.

Ok, what have you done with Baytor? This is not him. This is some douchebag posing as Baytor. The Baytor I know and love gets sarcasm (this ain't the first time, either). This one, CLEARLY, does not.

• 2 months later...

batman%20inc-thumb-320x141.jpg

Topless Robot had a contest in honor of the new Batman, Inc. storyline underway.What would memos from this new company possibly look like?

To: All employees of Batman Inc.

Bat-caves are currently being installed in all participating cities. Equipment will be labeled with large oversized signs for our new recruits. In the mean time please review and respect the corporate hierarchy.

Boy Wonder

Robin

Nightwing

Batman

Caped Crusader

Dark Knight

The God-Damn Batman

Employees cannot be promoted passed the rank of Robin until their voice has changed. Also note: There is only one God-Damn Batman.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...