Hondo's Bar

Soul Calibur IV

Acalis

VIDEO ADDED HERE (HD) for those who are still skeptical.

Another quality GamersReports exclusive coming your way, folks. According to one of our illustrious anonymous email sources, these three screens are of Darth Vader versus Yoda in the Xbox360 version of Soul Calibur IV. The Vader is being planned as an add-on download, it seems. No word on when, or even if ever it will be released, but the proof is in the screens, unedited for your pleasure. (Thanks, Dogbat)

*Update: Just to clarify, the Vader is supposedly going to be a download add-on, that may or may not be charged for, and this comes directly from Namco, not hacked from the disc or fan-hacked or any such sort of trickery. It is likely going to work in reverse for the PS3 version with Yoda, as well. Just to clarify on some speculation we've seen, thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear God.

I'm leaving to pick up Soul Calibur 4 now, and I guess you know that since you're the product of my underachieving imagination shaped by american sitcoms, but I just wanted to beg: please let this be good. Don't let it suck the way DOA4 sucked, or the way I didn't dig SC on the DC at first(so I guess what I mean is have Cervantes available from the outset, even though he's no longer my favourite so maybe keep Sueng Mina?).

Oh nice!! Vader's relatively generic in skillset so I'm still not concerned, but at least this'll shut up those smarmy fuckis love pissing on about Vader's PS3 exclusive status. Man, Can't wait til wednesday.

i swear, you epitomize "fanboy". when you indulge them, you become them.

so i guess Kratos was just a rumor? shame, that'dve been fun. Also, from that video? Yoda looks like a cheap bitch to fight.

i swear, you epitomize "fanboy". when you indulge them, you become them.

so i guess Kratos was just a rumor? shame, that'dve been fun. Also, from that video? Yoda looks like a cheap bitch to fight.

You're supposed to let it go unsaid so that you know that you're better than they are.

And here I thought nothing would devastate me near as much as finding out that the rumor that Dante from Devil May Cry would be in the console version of Soul Calibur 3. But this beats it hands down, it hurts me deep inside my heart.

Also, between Voldo's "Press one button and do a 500 hit combo" moves and Ivy's "HA HA HA, MY SWORD CAN REACH SO FAR ACROSS THE SCREEN THAT EVENS KILIK'S CHEAP ASS CAN'T TOUCH ME" or Maxi's ability to win effortlessly around just by repeatedly tapping the x button the Soul Calibur series is full of cheap bitches.

And that's why I love eet. I can't believe I overestimated this by a day. Fucking 31 calendar days in July...

Agreed that most of 'en are cheap, but I wouldn't say Ivy's entirely easy to use. CHeapest stars in my book are Mitsurugi & Sueng Mina.

I don't know I just found that if I tried to get him to do a cool move he just belly-danced and did jazz hands but if I mashed buttons like crazy he pinwheels around the screen like a madman and kills any fucker in his path. I came to refer to this as the "fuck you" technique.

Man, this game kicks so much arse. It's everything I hoped it'd be and possibly more. Though Baytor's totally right: Yoda's the cheapest bitch on the block, and sadly the story mode is still a fairly arbitrary few lines of text and a token cinematic, but having not played SC3 on PS2 I loved the shit outta the creation mode and how it levels up(though 12 ain't enough). Lastly though, I think it's bullshit that their marketting BS has dictated the Apprentice is hideously overpowered(though not playable right now) in order to generate more interest in the Force Unleashed. Admittedly his moves are cool as shit and while I kept getting my arse kicked by this kid Shane sat there marvelling at the Tie dogfights & star destroyers visible just outside the hangar bay(not to mention the 1st Death Star).

Apprentice is hideously overpowered(though not playable right now)

One, he's not overpowered, his AI is ramped up in the arcade mode fight. Two, he's completely playable. I play with him all the time, I've completed his story mode, I bought him a lightsaber.

OKay, guessing you're playing PS3 version. potayto/potahto. Though I was curious to see, since 360 has Yoda & the Apprentice, if PS3 would have a corresponding Padawan to Vader. Ah well. Also, Dunno how it is in Sony land, but on the 360 his difficulty IS ramped way the fuck up. Looking through any arcade set I've done, I spend less than a minute on any given character(with minor exceptions), incliding the non-boss Algo or whatever his name is, and BAM! 10 minutes minimum each time on the Apprentice. Could just be his skillset is exagerrated playing on Hard, but at the very least it'd make sense if the boss were harder than him.

One, he's not overpowered, his AI is ramped up in the arcade mode fight. Two, he's completely playable. I play with him all the time, I've completed his story mode, I bought him a lightsaber.
PS- I have this hilarious image of you two having a sleepover and braiding eachother's pubes

never, ever listen to maldron making light of any game's difficulty. he operates on this insane level of hardcore gaming that the rest of us can only gleam from a distance. im learning this again playing through persona 3.

glad youre enjoying the character creation though, skeet. honestly, i played SC3 on arc's PS2 a bit and was totally floored by how cool that mode was - its crazy to have an add-on with way more options than the old Fighter Maker games themselves.

to unlock the apprentice beat arcade mode with Yoda. Arcade mode pretty much unlocks everything you can't unlock in story mode, however the more acheivements you obtain the more goodies you get in charecter creation mode. I *think* (too lazy to look it up haha i should be working...) once you obtain 25 acheivments you get animal heads in creation mode.

The only way i seem to be abvle to play online is by creating my own game, which kind of annoys me, but at least i can still play. I'm loving the armor break factor, my charecter ends up in her undies by the end of every match. haha.

Archived