Hondo's Bar

Soul Calibur IV

Acalis

Hah. On your advice I went straight down to the fortress to act on your advice(good thing too since I'da never done arcade with Yoda otherwise) and BAM! Gots me some apprentice love, and indeed, cheapest most lovable bitch in the game. And I mean, shit. How can you play as this guy, hit a few directionals & the odd swing or kick and have the guy pirouet & be throwin' lightsabers every which way and tell me he's not hideously overpowered? STFU Maldron, I'm right, and better than that, Dr GF is right, your consolation prize is in the mail sir.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI- people who use 'modded' controllers will kick your ass everytime online. Every.Fucking.Time. You'd think there would be a way for the programmers of these games to stop this from happening. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here,

http://search.ebay.com/modded-xbox-control...fsooZ2QQfsopZ32

I thought they only worked on certian games, however, some of the modded controllers make the A,B,K, attacks faster in this particular game. It super sucks. I fought a guy with one and he informed me that the modded controller he was using damn near gauranteed him a win everytime.

grrr. so much for any skills.

@ this...not saying its forever, but at least for now: there are "no plans" to have a vader vs yoda fight

VIDEO ADDED HERE (HD) for those who are still skeptical.

Another quality GamersReports exclusive coming your way, folks. According to one of our illustrious anonymous email sources, these three screens are of Darth Vader versus Yoda in the Xbox360 version of Soul Calibur IV. The Vader is being planned as an add-on download, it seems. No word on when, or even if ever it will be released, but the proof is in the screens, unedited for your pleasure. (Thanks, Dogbat)

*Update: Just to clarify, the Vader is supposedly going to be a download add-on, that may or may not be charged for, and this comes directly from Namco, not hacked from the disc or fan-hacked or any such sort of trickery. It is likely going to work in reverse for the PS3 version with Yoda, as well. Just to clarify on some speculation we've seen, thanks.

Archived