Hondo's Bar

"Drinks and Whores"

dinghy

Except I work from 9-5, so I can't listen to Limbaugh and I have class at night, so I can't watch O'Reilly.

Care to try again?

Fact is, you can't hold a candle to the ammount of reading and preparation I go through on a daily basis for class that has the added bonus of calling out your BS here. I read, analyse and digest more news than (and I can probably say this with almost 100% certainty) anyone else on this board. I go through all of the top Press Sources and have the added bonus of hearing your tired talking points from people who are far more intelligent than you are: my professors. By the time I get to read your drivel it's just that: mindless, half assed drivel that isn't even repackaged to have at least a hint of any original thought. That's just as boring as the Chomskites I have in class who spend their entire day regurgitating Chomsky. You, just like them, are incapable of original thought and are just so very boring and cliche.

Really, you are.

Can you at least attempt to read, analyze and personalize your oppinions? If I wanted to listen to Air America and read HuffPo twice, I wouldn't do it on Hondo's.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah. I think it's sweet.

As for the logo...I've never taken offense to it. As a matter of fact I'd be happy to wear it. *Looks pointedly at Arch* :blink:

Your first post is a little silly, and it doesn't seem you feel particularly strongly one way or another...I can't imagine anyone else has harboured bad feelings about it for this long without making a point of it; it's what we do.

it doesn't seem you feel particularly strongly one way or another...

Thanks for noticing! I've been trying to persuade someone of that over here. Glad for the back up.

Otherwise, glad I could bring you two together(Jax/Arch)

I don't think the issue is one of whether any regular established member has harbored (without that silly 'u') any resentment, but whether it gives the right first impression to a stranger who finds this site by accident when they were googling for graduation songs.

I think the honour of our favourite forum demands we don't over analyse or criticise its presentation. The logo is at the centre of Hondo's, and changing it now would be a disservice to its creator.

Really though; giving the 'right impression'? It's a joke to think someone passing through would take 'Drinks and Whores' on an internet forum literally, and otherwise it perfectly reflects the...ah...humour...of the people who post in it.

some of you are forgetting the principle of keeping Suggestion Box succinct so older members catching up wont be bogged down - take this elsewhere.

Im glad this was finally made a topic, and seems to be clarified by the time i sorted through the piss & vinegar, but id like to add that Descartes added more to other fields than philosophy; while i respect his contributions to duality & such, his towing the line of "I think, therefore i am; further, i am, therefore god is" (paraphrased) was self-assertive bullshit and i've a hard time looking past it.

sorry, its just that philospohy's a quiet corner, so you gotta put things out there where you can.

Don't offend me one bit,

but then again, i'm a whore! :party: for assassin's creed

But seriously, its a fair discussion to have, but i personally have no problem with it, though it seems in a world of political correctness gone mad, that the one thing i thought would be safe our Hondo's Tag Line, Motto or whatever, has fallen under scrutiny.

Maybe we can alter the logo for the minority as is the case in this crazy world. <insert sarcasm smiley here>

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Since I never chipped in: I find nothing offensive about the shirt but it's a damn shame that other people(the general public) do. SiBob summed it up best with the first impression thing, and it's also a bummer that I can't wear either of my shirts to work.

Archived