Hondo's Bar

Hondos Family Tree?

crimsonfire

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't brought anyone here who stayed more than a post or two. My posting has gone to shit as well. I'm like a distant uncle. You only see me on holidays and when i die. And that's when you know...

"Who was he again?"

"He was Dante...and he was awesome."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok, I thought about this alllllll night (reason for the 4am phone call, Nick) and I think I got it figured out. I'm gonna be PMing people, in the coming weeks, asking all the who, what, when, wheres. Let's see if we can't make this work...

• 3 months later...

I was brought over by MH.

I don't tell many people about this place. My only contributions are Axel_Napalm and Special K. Mortiis too, but he was essentially chased away with pitchforks and torches (and afterwords he still donated hundreds of dollars in a futile attempt to keep Hondoshare running. What as asshole).

Eh, I don't remember the details. The dude would fuck around with people for laughs and he was mostly active when I was in bed, so I missed a lot of it. At some point some shit went too far and Arch and probly some others went all pitbull on him. I told him not to sweat it, but he was always just dumbfounded about the reaction and never came back. Not sure how much of it was posted, but he showed me at least 10 messages, something I've never personally experienced.

I don't think it's so much an issue of having thin skin, he's just the kind of guy that wanted to talk about comics & games and have a bit've a laugh, and he ended up with a bunch of serious drama and hateful messages. /shrug

wait, did he really end up with 10 messages? christ. i recall it being something along the lines of freedom aint free over in fight club, and arch/some board conservatives took umbrage but i was never sure if that was really it. he seemed alright, so i preferred to assume he just took time off to go study some real heavy metal.

ill see if i can find the thread, but yeah, i think i once put an olive branch out on XBL or the like, let dude know the place has calmed down a bit & he's welcome back whenever he likes.

I told him as much on several occasions, but yeah, I would be shocked if he ever came back. Just not his cup of tea.

I know there was something political, and then, believing in true equality, he talked shit to one of the chicks that was on the "off limits" list, that was the straw that broke the camels back I think.

There was also an issue of people getting his posts confused with mine (which still boggles my mind a little), and then they would get all pissed at me and he would feel like a dick.

So yeah, that's all done with. Nothing to worry about.

From what I recall, posting a nice comment on his profile and winking-smiley observation about Fox news were the only interactions we ever had.

And then he called me an embarrassment. And, as far as I can tell, it was because I said I wouldn't miss DKS01, someone that even NZA has expressed no remorse for losing.

That's a harsh fucking thing to say to someone out of nowhere, and the only reason I could think of for it is that he must fundamentally dislike me as a person. It wasn't made in a joking manner, he clearly meant it with venom. He's pretty much been on my shitlist ever since.

He does this thing sometimes with new members(that have a penis), you can see it in action in that thread, where he tries to establish himself as some figure to be respected or someone to look up to around here. I dunno. I know you people just love him and he's oh-so-cuddly, but he's pretty much exclusively been a cunt to me since the day I logged on.

I think it's possible that he thought half of Mortiis' posts were me or something, they went round-and-round a lot, and if he had bothered to look at my post history he maybe wouldn't have insulted me, but he's never said shit about it, so fuck him.

Maan, I've forgotten so much shit that's happened around here. I really take for granted how undramatic it's been of late, as nemeses go Hakujin and I are more akin to the wolf and sheepdog from Looney Tunes than actual enemies.

Archived