Hondo's Bar

Problems with Hondos

archangel

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this can be fixed, but I cannot access the Culture & Sociology forum using my iPad. PC/laptop works fine, mobile device (iPhone) works fine, but for some reason it goes all wonky on the iPad. Also, again only when using the iPad, the Crap Shack "reply to" box annoyingly shrinks to only 20 characters long. The box remains truncated even when clicking the "more reply option" button. :???:

I know the likely fix for this will be "don't use the iPad," but w/ my laptop out of commission for the next week or so, the iPad is my sole means of Web surfing. And quite honestly, other than those two forum flaws and the occasional run in w/ a Flash site, it's become my preffered way of surfing the Web.

Point is moot, doesn't exist anymore. (#occupysuccess)

I didn't like it because it wasn't Hondos, and I spend too much damn time at work. My phone loads shit fast, so it was unnecessary. Like I said, a little button that says "enable mobile version" would have solved all problems.

Point is moot, doesn't exist anymore. (#occupysuccess)

I didn't like it because it wasn't Hondos, and I spend too much damn time at work. My phone loads shit fast, so it was unnecessary. Like I said, a little button that says "enable mobile version" would have solved all problems.

Huh? Are you saying the PC/"regular" version of Hondo's shows up on your smartphone? The mobile version still loads when I log on to Hondo's on my iPhone.

Oh, damn. I made a baseless assumption apparently.

Yeah, ever since the upgrade, I get Tru Hondos, which I'm thrilled with. The mobile skin wouldn't let me do the two-finger-zoom thing for some reason.

I'm using a Photon with the stock browser. At this point I'm afraid to even assume it's all Android users.

Weird. It must be the browser and/or the OS on your Photon that let's you get legit Hondo's on your phone, Logan. I pulled Hondo's up on my iPhone today for the first time in ages, and it's still giving me the mobile skin.

I don't know why, but I can not get culture and sociology to load on my ipad. It goes into super zoom. It's really weird. Could I be doing something wrong?

No, my dear, it's doing that for me on my iPad, too. I'd have written as much a few posts ago had I had the forsight to peruse this thread for similar complaints beforehand.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

man, these reports are all over the place. from my nexus (android) i too look at vanilla hondo's.

maldron was saying (from some i-device, i forget which, prolly phone), he has a similar problem to you hakus, but that all of the top forums are grayed out for him, even when logged in.

so far, it's kind've looked like: android devices pick up no mobile skin on nu-hondo's, apple devices are a mixed bag - haku says mobile skin, gotta check again with mal cause the way he said it i assumed it was regular view. once we get a few more specifics down, i can submit a request for support, but even that's gotta be detailed since a few of you don't seem to want the mobile skin back if it's not optional, anyway.

^^Seems like the iPad doesn't like some of the coding on certain forums. This isn't a problem on the iPhone though b/c it still faults to the mobile skin; I just checked all the main forums on my iPhone and they all load fine, using the mobile skin of course, so maybe Mal's issues were w/ an iPad as well...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...