Hondo's Bar

Achievements

Da Cap'n

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, here we go...

PS3 guy, huh. Dude, if you only knew. No wait, I understand... you spent allllll that money on the WRONG system and you're just trying to justify it by hating on achievements. Just ask Nick (which has BOTH consoles) which he plays more and why. Poor DOJ... there's always one.

Its great looking back on this post and laughing at how stupid it was.

• 5 weeks later...
And Sonic and Mario are in games together... ANYTHING can happen!

...point. but that shit took decades! if youre that willing to wait on God of War 3, just hold out; once the PS5 and xbox 1440 die out to the apple iGame or whatever, you can just get it in the nintendo arcade or something!

DON'T NICK! You know how I get..

that's pretty much why i move/rename anything, to be honest. its awesome. seriously, trophies = achievements, its the same shit. we're just supposed to be able to display that shit later on in our sims home thing or whatever. i didnt just log 90+ hours into Fallout 3 to be told its not the same as the 50+ hours i put into bullshit katamari!

• 5 months later...

Phantasy_Star_II.jpg

fuck.

i smell a contest with bish - not so much timed, but more an endurance thing.

Phantasy Star 2 was my first true JRPG back in like late 1990 or so, and holy shit was it hard. i'm talking, not like JRPGs now where sheer-persistence-will-win-the-day; no, this game might be unbeatable to some. id love to have something to show for my efforts, but i just dont know that i could commit to all those hours of ball-busting grinding, especially with my queue....but im thinking about it nonetheless.

• 5 weeks later...

good luck, i havent been 16k since like june. you're so two thousand and late, panch.

i meant to add, since ive got a thing kinda going with my position on the Hondo's Leaderboards, ive been thinking: once i take # 2 and break 25k, i wanna go back to specific achievement challenges, like Space Cowboy does (or panch with his sadomasochistic Zombie Genocidist). like, i dont think john or anyone here can pull off Little Rocket Man in Half-Life 2. id be willing to put $5 to see it done legit.

also, since we all discount a few of each others' works (panch has 1000 in Friend or Foe, Space has quite a bit in Family Fun Time Shit, and im alleged to have fluffed with Avatar but there's no evidence backing this :yup: ), i thought this site might be a fun way to arbitrarily quantify our efforts as well: True Achievements. Check them out & see what you think, they gauge differently due to members' votes on difficulty. According to them, i'm somehow right around 25k already? interesting shit.

good luck, i havent been 16k since like june. you're so two thousand and late, panch.

i meant to add, since ive got a thing kinda going with my position on the Hondo's Leaderboards, ive been thinking: once i take # 2 and break 25k, i wanna go back to specific achievement challenges, like Space Cowboy does (or panch with his sadomasochistic Zombie Genocidist). like, i dont think john or anyone here can pull off Little Rocket Man in Half-Life 2. id be willing to put $5 to see it done legit.

also, since we all discount a few of each others' works (panch has 1000 in Friend or Foe, Space has quite a bit in Family Fun Time Shit, and im alleged to have fluffed with Avatar but there's no evidence backing this :yup: ), i thought this site might be a fun way to arbitrarily quantify our efforts as well: True Achievements. Check them out & see what you think, they gauge differently due to members' votes on difficulty. According to them, i'm somehow right around 25k already? interesting shit.

I'm trying my gamertag and password on trueachievements.com, but it's not letting me log in. What password are they talking about? HELP!

Edited by Panch

i think you gotta setup an account with them? wait, its asking for your gamertag and pass, right? what pass (you use a universal, dont you?) did you setup with mygamercard.net to get the gamertag in your sig? oughta be that one, i think.

way it works is, youve given them access to your gamer card, they basically "scan" every few days and post your shit to your profile from there, assinging points, showing you how many people in the US/FL (if you set your country/state like it had me do) got it, etc. so next time you update your gamerscore at john's/my place etc, check back on that page, by the next day tops they should have your shit going. im curious to see how many points you get for hard shit like Dead Rising genocider and GB "are you a god?" ones. its a pretty cool site so far.

• 2 weeks later...